“Just average”
Review of Melia Castilla

Melia Castilla
Ranked #59 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The hotel is not near to the city center. It's a business hotel, clean, elegant but not something special and impressed. 15' minutes by taxi to get to the center, metro is not so nearby. Breakfast was simple and services were same same. I only love the bathroom amenities of Melia Castilla.
I will choose another hotel for my next trip in Madrid.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
MeliaCastilla, Assistant Hotel Manager at Melia Castilla, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear Guest,

First, I want to thank you the comments about our hotel.

Indeed we are located in the north of the city, 15 minutes both from airport and the city center. We have 3 tube stations 5 minutes from the hotel as well as several bus lines in 1 minute distance. There is also a permanent taxi stop at the main door.

Our breakfast, very appreciated by our customers, offers more than 100 different varieties of products, as well as a cooking show, in a large room with natural light.

It is unfortunately not having covered your expectations.

Yours sincerely.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Concierge,front desk officers to room service are really attentive. Very comfortable bed n good spread of breakfast to start your day. A free wireless Internet would be a plus point but sad to say it is not available for free. Taxi services are many, reasonable charge and trustworthy.Nearest metro is fifteen minutes away if you don't mind walking.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Firstly, we would like to thank your comments about our staff and our facilities.

Indeed, the hotel is very good located at the business area of the city but near to the center in just 15 minutes by metro or taxi.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Thank you!

Reviewed 5 February 2012

Have been there for a congress trip. Room a bit small but very clean (batroom was a pleasure), hotel, services, very good, and people very kind.
Breakfast was nice in the normal restaurant, but did not enjoy at all when congress people was separated. I wonder why this was needed??

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
MeliaCastilla, Assistant Manager at Melia Castilla, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear customer,

Thanks for the feedback you have made of our hotel.

It is our practice not to book places in the breakfast room, because it is a buffet, however if we had known in advance we could have solved it. I apologize if we caused you any inconvenience.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed a couple of nights in this hotel during a recent business trip. My room was clean and light. The breakfast buffet is excellent, the gym is ok with a couple of treadmills. You can use the wireless internet, but it costs.
For my business purpose, the location is ok, but it's 7 km from the city's center.
In general, I think it's a good hotel. But the service at the restaurant L´Albufera could be more professional.

Dear Customer,

Thanks for the great feedback about our hotel.

The hotel is located in the north of the Madrid and well connected. It takes no more than 15 minutes to get to Barajas airport and 15 minutes from downtown. Both the metro and the bus are close to the hotel.

In regards to the service in L’Albufera we are sorry not to have reached your expectations. Next time you’ll find the service you need.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

I stayed here on business with colleagues

The entrance is reasonably impressive and the lobby/reception area strikes a good impression. However I do agree that it is rather tired

The Melia has no walk in shower and the bath grout/sealer was stained and worn. Indeed the shower in the bath had been so badly fitted it pointed slightly to the right and it was difficult not to get water on the floor. Internet was charged and - worst of all - there was no facllity to make a cup of coffee in the room. When I asked about this I was told that this is not the UK and "Spain is different". If I was in a poor mood through missing my morning coffee that made it worse - 140 Euro a night and no cup of coffee on wake-up

There was an ironing board - thats something at least - as I always appreciate the chance to smooth out suit-case crumpled shirts when I can. The safe was also big-enough for my laptop which is also a good thing

But - for me this hotel does not understand the Business traveller - and as there are plenty of Hotels in Madrid - I'll be finding another for my return

1  Thank trwilbury

Dear customer,

First, I would like to be grateful to you that you have dedicated your valuable time in allow coming to us your constructive observations and for your interest, since our intention is always improving.

We are carrying out an important labour of remodelling and adequacy in the whole hotel and entrust that these improvements are of the pleasure and for satisfaction of our clients, though it is true that will be a process that will take its time.

Furthermore the hotel has a number of rooms adapted for mobility impaired guest on request.

I request you accept our more sincere apologies if we have not managed to reach your expectations as for the quality of our service in this occasion and do not doubt ever that commentaries like the mentioned by you, make that we do a major and exhaustive follow-up.

Sincerely.