“Brilliant location”

Hotel Atlantico
Ranked #21 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Excellent Hotel
Lovely rooms, great service , nice and quiet ,brilliant location.
Will definitely return and recommend.
Only thing to mention, states there is Airport transportation but there is not.
Taxi will cost 35 euro's.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and that was perfect for us.Lovely views and not too noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley R
HotelAtlanticoMadrid, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear Lesley R.

Truly appreciate your review, it is so pleasing to read that we met all expectations. We thank you the customers who take their time to inform us about it.

Yes, the hotel no longer provides a shuttle service from December 2016. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience. The taxi is the quickest way to reach the hotel and the cost is 30€ (fixed fare).

It is our pleasure to have served you. We look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2017

A great hotel, right in the Gran Via, in centre of Madrid. I had a superior room on 7th floor, which was lovely. Good size, two large single beds,(went with my granddaughter). Food excellent, staff lovely, did use bit of Spanish, which always goes down well. Staff very helpful. The balcony looked out onto Gran Via. The terrace on 9th floor is lovely, quiet with views. Wifi bit slow, but computer room on 9th floor available. Couple of lovely lounge areas that were rarely used. No complaints whatsoever. Would return anytime.

Room Tip: Wifi slow most areas, high floors overlooking Gran Via suited me.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank able211
HotelAtlanticoMadrid, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear able211.

We'd like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and for spending some of your time in writing your nice comment. We are delighted that you and your granddaughter had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you also for your mention about the hotel staff. I have shared your kind words with them. It is always gratifying to receive a positive feedback!

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Hotel Atlantico.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Hotel Atlantico was really central, right in the middle of The City and halfway between the Palace and The Prado.
If you want shopping you can't go wrong here, not really my choice.
Absolutely loads to do nearby, with good food and restaurants too.
We went to an Escher exhibition - my favourite artist, double bonus.
Go to San Miguel Market for great Tapas.
If you like live music try the Honky Tonk club.
The staff at the hotel are really really good, probably the best customer service I have experienced (& I travel lots). The room and bathroom were spacious and the housekeeping service was top notch.
Breakfast was fine, given cereal, juice, toast, coffee etc is provided giving choice and good quality, the price is equivalent if not better value than breakfast food outside. Unusually for me, I recommend the hotel breakfast for value.
Gran Via is a main shopping thoroughfare (think Oxford St), get a high room if you can because it is busy till late at night.
Note 1: It was circa 43 degrees plus each day we were in Madrid, still mid 30's at midnight. The hotel aircon is a blessing, consider the temp when packing and making plans each day.
Note 2: Line 5 (green) on the Metro is closed at the moment, but Calleo is the nearest stop to the hotel. There is a lift to street level, although this is on the opposite side of the road to the hotel.
I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelAtlanticoMadrid, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear KON911.

Truly appreciate your survey. With all the choices of places to stay in Madrid we are most honoured you choose us. Your compliments of our location, room, cleanliness and services are very much appreciated as well our breakfast buffet and service is greatly pleasant. Please rest assured that I will extend your compliments to the entire staff. It is always gratifying to receive a positive feedback.

We appreciated very much again for taking the time to inform your valuable thoughts and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again at the Hotel Atlántico.

Faithfully yours,

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Located @ the heart of Madrid in Gran Via next to Callao station, this 4-star hotel offered nothing but class and first rate service from the time I checked in. Sensing my irritation when I couldn't check in early before 2pm because it was only noon, they immediately upgraded me upon my check-in - and there was no reason to because there was a major event in the city and most of the hotels in Madrid especially in Gran Via were pretty much booked out. But this hotel obviously wanted to give an irritable guest (my flight was delayed, luggage problems @ the airport, ATM problems, etc.) a pleasant experience of Madrid - and they succeeded! I was given a massive room with a separate sitting room, a super king size bed, a bathroom the size of my hotel room in the prior city I was in, a balcony overlooking a side street of Gran Via (and double glazed doors with shutters to keep the noise out), and chocolates on my bed daily. So how can I complain? Especially when breakfast in their elegant dining area was superb! Staff were also most helpful and accommodating, especially Eduardo @ the front desk, who was the first one to wipe the smirk off my face with his sense of humour upon my challenging check in. I will definitely stay in this hotel again on my next visit to Madrid.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
HotelAtlanticoMadrid, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear Xerxes300.

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience here for others to read. We were all happy to hear that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us. Our team was especially delighted to hear that you had a pleasant experience, as was I. Eduardo’s a great service ambassador and we were all very happy to see him mentioned by you. He takes great pride in the service he provides our guests. We also appreciate your nice comments about our location, room and breakfast, as well as knowing that you sense class and first class service during your stay. Thank you.

Thank you again and we do look forward to having you stay once again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Good hotel in a central location within walking distance of the main attractions and across the road from Callao metro station. The room was a good size, clean and tastefully furnished. There was free wifi but sadly no kettle. The lack of a kettle was however offset by the free tea and coffee offered in the fantastic rooftop bar which also offered a great view of the city. We asked for a quiet room but inevitably there was some road noise but it wasn't too bad and the comfy beds and blackout curtains ensured a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
HotelAtlanticoMadrid, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear klebpt.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Thank you for sharing with other travellers your kind opinion about our facilities and services.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!