Hotel Atlantico
  • Pool
US$ 154
US$ 124
  • Restaurant
Novotel Madrid Puente de la Paz(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$ 95
US$ 242
US$ 198
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Madrid Centro(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$ 87
  • Bar/Lounge
3,573 results
All reviewstop floorgreat hotelrooftop barelectric shutterscallao metro stationsuperior roomwithin walking distanceeuros per personstreet noisetwo sinksplaza mayorexcellent locationbusiness centercentral locationcorner roomsmall balconyroyal palace
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed for 3 days in April 2012 and found the hotel very decent. It is not a luxury hotel but it is better than adequate. It is very well situated between the Gran Via and Callao metro stops as well as within walking distance of LOTS of shopping, restaurants and sites, including the Plaza Mayor, Puerta Del Sol, and the Gardens. The rooftop terrace is nice and the front desk staff was very helpful. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelAtlanticoMadrid, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Hello Tampa!
Thank you for your recent visit to the Hotel Atlantico. I appreciate your mention of the service that we provide as well as cleaning and location. Please rest assured that I will extend your compliments to the Front Desk Staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Kind regards,
Eva García.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Previous reviews are accurate. Folks at the front desk are helpful if low-key. Room was spotless and easy enough to shut out street noise or open windows and shades for air. Good recommendations for neighborhood restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 11 July 2014

Dear Welsh,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Atlántico for your stay in July and for sharing with other travellers your kind opinion about our facilities and services.

It will be a pleasure to host you again in future.

With best regards,
Assistant Director

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have stayed here for work and for pleasure a few times. Plus points:
- Good value for money: I have bought internet "no refund" rooms
- Rooms very quiet and well furnished, lots of spare pillows and bedclothes, smart bathrooms, lots of hot water in the showers, etc.
- Nice lounge bar with outside terrace on the top floor - useful to meet people for business or to relax
- Very good breakfast until 11 am
- Hotel easy to find and constant taxis turning up outside as it is on a main road
- Friendly staff
- Offer their own airport bus

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Caroline T

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and your mention about the room, breakfast, bar and hotel staff. It is glad to know our location was convenient for you. In addition, we are all very happy that the "Price Is Right" during your stay with us! Congratulations!
We wish you the best!
Thanks again.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Atlantico for three days in April 2012. Overall, the hotel met all of our needs. I can't say that I was completely floored with the hotel - there was nothing wrong with it, but please do not expect a four-star plus hotel. It was clean and comfortable, and that was about it.

My friend and I were given a room containing three single beds on the fifth floor. This worked out great for us, and I think the room would be perfect for two or three individuals who do not want/need to sleep in the same bed. The room contained two robes, slippers, a hair dryer, and a variety of toiletries. We also had free wi-fi in the room, although the internet provider was not locked or password-protected (which always makes me a little nervous). Although it contained strong water pressure, the shower head was somewhat misplaced - it was in the middle of the bathtub, not on one of the ends of the tub. Therefore, I had a constant battle with the shower curtain while trying to shower. Our room faced the Grand Via (the main street), and we really did not find the noise from the street to be distracting. The room, however, was quite hot and stuffy, so we had to open the window at times during the evening.

The front desk staff were helpful with directions. We visited the upstairs bar on one occasion but did not find it to be very welcoming, so we did not stay for a drink.

Location-wise, the hotel is perfect. We walked to all of the main tourist attractions in Madrid, and only took a cab for our arrival and departure. A word of warning - please watch your purse and handbags in Madrid. We spotted two men in a pickpocket scheme right outside of the hotel, and we actually found Madrid to be a little more uncomfortable with respect to pickpockets than Barcelona.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank B.G._Chicago

Dear Sir, Madame.
We would like to thank you very much for your wonderful comments but also for your useful remarks.
Thank you for your honest observations and feedback. We strive to improve to the point of leading our industry in guest satisfaction and service. We take your experience to heart.
I am happy to read that overall the hotel met your expectations.
It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Eva Garcia

Reviewed 23 April 2012

As a preface, I travel to a limited degree to review rock concerts, and have begun to include hotel and resort reviews as well, which I am republishing here is modified form.

This review is for Hotel Atlantico in Madrid, Spain during my trip to Madrid (October 2011).

Room Type/Class: Double Bed
Date: October 25-27, 2011
Overall Rating: 4.5/5 (rounded up to 5 for TripAdvisor)

This was part of my trip to Madrid for a special Coldplay concert at Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas in Madrid. This was my first visit to Spain, and I thought I would split my stay across two properties - one more economical (for which I chose Hotel Atlantico) and one a little more luxury (and I selected the ME Madrid Reina Victoria for the second half of my visit). This is my review for the former, the Hotel Atlantico.

After doing a lot of research on TripAdvisor, I decided to stay at the Hotel Atlantico based on the reviews (and at the time it was the #1 ranked hotel in Madrid; at the time of this writing, it is ranked #2 of 454 hotels in Madrid).

The hotel is centrally located, and fairly easy to find (and I know from trying to find my friend's hotel in the area, some are very hard to find!).

Check in was very straight forward, so I quickly made my way up to the room.

For a European hotel, the room was actually nicely sized, especially traveling alone. It was very clean, and somewhat updated in appearance (though I wouldn't characterize it's overall look as "modern".

The room featured an appropriately-sized bed, a desk, and a television, as well as a sitting area with a small round table. The bathroom was fairly large and well appointed, with a lot of "accessories" It featured a shower over bath, and as I've experienced in most of the European hotel rooms I've stayed in, is a bit tricky to get in and out of it.

I would say that visitors should exercise some caution in this neighborhood, especially making their way to and from the hotel at night. I found that I was approached/harassed as well as followed by shady-looking characters every night. Additionally, the morning I checked out, someone had been killed across the street, at the corner.

Having said all that, I think that there are similar dangers all around Madrid, so it is not necessarily specific to this hotel.

If I were to visit Madrid again, I would consider staying at the Hotel Atlantico again. It was clean, in a convenient location (to the metro stations, etc.) and was reasonably priced.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Rock-Subculture

Dear Sir.
I really appreciate the time you have taken to write your detailed review regarding your previous reservation and your stay as well as the photos included. I do hope you had a great stay with us and you enjoyed the concert too.

Thank you again and hopefully we shall be able to welcome your return.

Yours sincerely,