Hotel Atlantico
US$ 243
US$ 104
US$ 236
  • Restaurant
Novotel Madrid Puente de la Paz(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$ 93
3,571 results
All reviewstop floorgreat hotelrooftop barelectric shutterscallao metro stationsuperior roomwithin walking distanceeuros per personstreet noisetwo sinksplaza mayorexcellent locationbusiness centercentral locationcorner roomsmall balconyroyal palace
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My husband and I are from San Diego. We stayed at this hotel for two nights mid Feb 2012. The rooms are very well appointed, the bathroom - fantastic, and the hotel is located near everything you would want to do, see, or eat. The rooftop patio was wonderful (although a bit chilly in Feb) but there is plenty of luxurious space inside and a very lovely young lady named Maria (?) who served us cocktails and snacks. She was wonderful. There was also a gentleman we met there (a frequent guest) and his restaurant recommendations proved to be out of this world. If we ever go back I don't think we would stay anywhere else. The only thing that didn't go as planned was the shuttle from and to the airport. I would recommend that you call the hotel as soon as you land to confirm a pick up and to know what shuttle to look for, as well be sure that they write your name on the reservation log for the trip back to the airport. We told the front desk the day after we arrived that we planned to take the shuttle and at what time but it was never written down on the log so we ended up having to pay a cab - which was about 35-40 euro’s each way so the shuttle is the way to go. I think there is only a nominal fee to the airport to use it. (FYI we never ate there so cannot comment about the food)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MUNJASanDiego
HotelAtlanticoMadrid, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Guest. Thank you for posting your review here and for your business. We are happy that you had a good experience with us. I will let Maria know how much you appreciated his efforts. Thanks again for your recommendations. Hope to see you soon. Best regards, Eva García.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

This hotel is smack in the middle of chic Gran Via and the heart of main Madrid, and being one of the most stunning buildings along Gran Via, it is very hard to miss (just across the road from Callao metro station).

Pros:
- Great, friendly staff who spoke perfect English. The Spanish General Strike was called on the day I was supposed to return home. The staff informed all guests the day before the strike of possible disruption in the city and were available to assist and advise on how best to get to the airport with minimal public transport (they usually arrange transfers to and from the airport, but their drivers were taking part in the strike). On the day I arrived my air con wasn't working and within 15 mins someone came and fixed it.
- Spotlessly clean. I've never seen such a clean, shiny bathroom floor in a hotel before!
- Charming room. It may not have been decorated to everyone's taste, but it certainly wasn't garish (I had lovely light-blue wall paper and funky blue water-splashed effect tiles in the bathroom). It had character.
- Considering my room was a single, the room was a good size (I've been in much smaller doubles), with minibar, safe, HD TV, bath and shower. The bed was a Queen size and a robe and slippers were in the wardrobe for my use.
- Buffet breakfast had a good selection of cereals, fruit, juices, ham and cheese, but scrambled eggs, fried eggs, toast, bacon, and even Spanish omelette were also available (my rate didn't include breakfast which was an additional €9 per sitting, but you can get B&B rates).
- My room looked into the central courtyard of the hotel rather than over Gran Via which was actually a bonus as the room was surprisingly peaceful (Gran Via is very noisy) apart from the fountain going off in the courtyard during the day.
- Two PC terminals with free internet access available for guests anytime on the ninth floor, with free printing also (although the @ key on the PC keyboard on the left wasn't working).
- A bar serviced until 11pm daily (expect during the strike), with huge lounges and two lovely terraces on the ninth floor looking over Gran Via below. Tea and coffee are served free of charge!
- Find the secret stairway from the terrace up to the marble-floored dome above where you will find the best panoramic views of Madrid. Bring a drink and a cushion to sit on up with you (there are no chairs/tables up there), and watch the sun setting over the Palace and Torres Pueta Europa.
- El Cortes Ingles is just across the road from the hotel (behind H&M) where there is a large supermarket in the lower ground floor, perfect for stocking up on nibbles and packed lunches.

Cons (not many):
- As my room was looking into the courtyard it was rather dark with little natural light penetrating through. I couldn't then understand why material blinds were velcroed over the frosted window. There was a folding blind outside the window already should I want to close it for privacy/blackout. I took the material blinds down just to have some natural light in the morning. But, this was a small price to pay for the peace and quiet I had by not looking over Gran Via, and the views from the terraces and dome on the ninth floor certainly made up for the lack of views from my room.
- I couldn't control the water temperature to my shower. The separate cold tap was either stuck or not working, and the water was as a result just a tad too hot for me, especially after running for a few minutes.
- I've never come a note on a minibar before saying it could only be used for hotel products and any other use could result in the closure of the minibar. I ignored this and stocked it up with my own packed lunch items. I didn't experience any consequences doing this.
- I could hear the dripping from the bathroom above mine. But, it wasn't constant and closing the door to my bathroom blocked the sound out when I did hear it. It didn't disturb me.
- A small thing but all the TV stations on the TV in the room were Spanish. No BBC/Sky News which I like to look at in the evenings when getting ready for bed just to keep in touch with home.

All hotels in Madrid are expensive, especially when so central, but I think I got fairly good value for money here and if I was going to go to Madrid again (a possibility as it's a great city) I would certainly consider staying at the Atlantico again.

Room Tip: If you don't mind not having a view and can put up with little natural light in the mornings, ask for a room looking into the central courtyard of the hotel. The Gran Via is immensely noisy, so it is surprising how quiet the courtyard-facing rooms are. You may even be lulled to sleep by the sound of the fountain if it's switched on.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 1975Londoner

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for letting us know your inconveniences and pros regarding your stay at the Hotel Atlántico and we appreciated the time you have taken to bring this matter to our attention. Your feedback is a vital part of our business and it is through your constructive comments that we are able to improve the service we offer guests in our hotel.

We would like to thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention and we are very happy with your high score that overall you had a nice stay with us.

Faithfully yours,

Reviewed 30 March 2012

One of the best hotels I have stayed in! The location was awesome! Right in the heart of alot of action. The Grand Via area is beautiful. The staff was exceptional! The full buffet breakfast that I think is usually included in most stays even sorbed Champagne for breakfast. The beds were extremely comfortable which was very important as this was our first stop after traveling 9 hours from the US. Very clean rooms. Our room had 2 balconies overlooking Grand Via, room 208. I just can't say enough great things about this hotel. Amazing, they deserve their #1 ranking in Madrid!!! Stay here if at all possible and book direct to get the best possible price.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Bentle

Dear Sirs.
Thank You for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Hotel Atlántico and for your recommendation.
We are very glad to hear such a nice words about our location, staff, beds, cleaning and breakfast with champagne.
It will be a real pleasure for us to host you in our hotel again.
With kind regards

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Our plane arrived at 0800 so we caught the first shuttle to the hotel. We were allowed to check in immediately upon arrival, which was very welcome after a long trip. The room was small according to US standards but was very clean and came equipped with a bath robe and all the toiletry items one could need.

We requested a room on the Gran Via, a very busy and noisy avenue during all hours of the day and night. Our room had double doors opening onto a small balcony. The electric steel shutters and heavy drapes kept out almost all the noise.

The hotel was ideally situated and we easily walked to Puerta Del Sol, Plaza Mayor, Palacio Real - all within a few blocks. The Gran Via Metro station was a couple of blocks away and one we never used was even closer.

The staff was professional and courteous and the housekeeping staff did a great job. Our room was made up early each morning and if we returned during the day and so much as sat on the bed the staff was there after we left to straighten any wrinkles.

For the combination of convenience, ambiance, and for the quality of the hotel staff, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Transfers from the airport to the hotel are free and the return trip costs a nominal 8 Euro each. Book the return trip a day in advance.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kim H

Dear sir, madame.

We would like to thank you for all your wonderful comments regarding the hotel and the level of service.

Your wonderful words are the best compliments for us and I am really proud of them.

Please rest assured that I will extend your compliments to the entire staff.

It has been a great pleasure to have you staying at Hotel Atlántico and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Hotel was nice, clean and the staff were friendly. Our room was on the 3rd floor and was fairly small, there was a window in the room but it opened out to nothing but a wall very close to us. There was not much room to manoeuvre in the bathroom but had a great full length mirror on the back of the door and a huge rainfall shower. The room and bathroom were well stocked with lots of amenities!

The air conditioning was a god send as the the room got hot & stuffy!!

Breakfast was not included in our rate but was very reasonable at 9 euros per person for a Buffett.

The bar on the 9th floor has a great balcony with lovely views of the city. Very nice to sit on and have a drink whilst soaking up the sun.

Very nice hotel and would reccomend!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Thomase77

Dear Mr/Ms Guest:

Thank you for your nice words with reference your stay at our hotel Hotel Atlántico.

Your referrals are very important to us to encourage our staff and ourselves. All your suggestion will bear in our mind in the future in order to improve our quality and services for our guests.

The Hotel Atlántico values your business and considers you one of our most important customers. We look forward to hosting you again.

Best regards.