“All wonderful....”
Review of Lieu Restaurante - CLOSED

Lieu Restaurante
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro
Description: Lieu, "place" in French, is the place in which you will delight your senses in the exquisite environment of the new restaurant of Amnistía street in the "Madrid de los Austrias", heart and emblematic area of Madrid.The warm and friendly welcome from your hosts, the tasteful decor and the excellence of the dishes prepared by the chef Daniele Scelza will make your dining experience pleasantly memorable.We look forward to see you.
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All wonderful....”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

If you live or visit Madrid, make sure to dine at Lieu!!... I was lucky enough to take a friend's recommendation and visited this restaurant two weeks ago. Make sure to try the Pre-Fix/Menu. Although the portions are small to mid sized, I can asure you'll have more than enough and at a very reasonable price for the freshness of the food and the right made recipees. Extremely friendly service also.
I say this honestly (and I love to cook), I just came back from a 2 week visit to Spain/Switzerland and this was by far the best restaurant me and my family visited..... enjoy! rodrigo.

1 Thank Rod K
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Singapore, Singapore
“A gastronomic journey”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I tried out Lieu because it is listed as the number 2 restaurant in Madrid and I just happen to be near it. I was not disappointed, the food is certainly good. Modern cuisine like tomato foam. The best thing in the whole meal was actually the olive oil for the very well baked bread. It may not sound like much, but the olive oil had a distinct taste, like the smell of bananas.

I had a starter of tomatoes on cheese. There was three type of tomatoes with different flavours. My main course was salmon which tasted nice but was just a little overcooked.

The value of the meal was definitely worth it for the type of cooking. But the portions like many modern cooking restaurants, was small and not filling.

I loved the decor, the ambiance and the service. They were all impeccable.

Ultimately worth the visit, but I did not go back again.

Belfast
“Not to be missed!”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I had booked our table online before travelling to Madrid to be sure of securing a table for the Saturday night we were there. We had the menu Gastronomico and the matching wines which were priced at 50Euro and 18Euro each. We felt that this was extremely good value given the quality of the food and what you would pay for it in other European cities.

At the outset we were brought the testtubes cocktails in the referred to by other diners along with bitesize Chorizo Madeleines and some beautiful plump green olives.

We then had the aerated gazpacho as our amuse bouche which simply disappeared in your mouth.

To start we had the translucent ravioli with tomatoes and clear tomato broth, for the fish course it was salmon followed by the braised beef cheek for the main.

It was all fabulous but the translucent ravioli and the beef were undoubtedly my favourites.

2 Thank Traveller1982
Reston, Virginia
“American in Madrid, wonderful”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

A spanish-american marries a spaniard and returns to Madrid to put his own spin on Spanish cuisine. Nouvelle american techniques and presentations with native ingredients, delicious. Foam aerated gazpacho with toasted iberico ham bits and watercress is a perfect example.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank dr_odd
“Superbe”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Hidden in a little street near the Palace, this exquisite restaurant worth the trip. Food is excellent, imaginative and very fresh. Wine are very good and well priced. The decor is fancy but simple, eveything is done with good taste. The only bad note is the service we had that night, but in fact, we had that kind of just a little rudness everywhere we went except at Gastronomia. Despote that little bad note, it is excellent and worth the trip. Our best food of the week.