“Lovely atmosphere and amazing flavours”
Review of Flash Flash Madrid - CLOSED

Flash Flash Madrid
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 34
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barrio Salamanca
Reviewed 8 October 2014

Went here for lunch with a couple of friends. The menu isn't in English so I was expecting a Tortilla De Patatas but in fact they specialise in omelettes. The truffle omelette was like a cloud it was so light. I then had a monty burger which comes without bread. I had been warmed that it is all but raw and whilst I like rare I like a little brown on top. I asked for it to be cooked a little more and it was wonderful. They clearly buy excellent meat. The staff are 'older', very curteous and attentive. The food was different to typical Madrid Spanish lunches which was a very pleasant surprise. Bright and light. Highly recommend it.

1  Thank natashaspain

Reviewed 23 September 2014 via mobile

We went there last Friday and had dinner with friends. We started with jamón to share which was just sooo good! And we also shared a seeds salad that was very good.

Two of us had the cheese and truffles tortilla, one had the cod tortilla and another one had the burger. The cod tortilla was fine but we have had some better ones, and the burger seemed tasty, but the cheese and truffle tortilla was simply to die for!! Sooo good!

We also share a tarta tatin and a sweet tortilla and that was very good too.

Service was quick and efficient, and the waiter was very nice.

We had been here before and will definitively be back!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

It's quite posh, very nice atmosphere though. They have lots of omelettes (tortillas) to choose from; had the courgette/aubergine one and it was the best omelette I have ever had. And I have had quite a few. Also very nice big salads - you can create your own.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I visited this restaurant with my mother for lunch. We ordered a frunkfruter Sosis with a potato salad for my mother and a burger and chips for myself. First of all, the frunkfruter looked like a cheap and oversized saussage that you would buy in a cheap supermarket.Tasteless and extremely salty. My burger was like piece of soggy meat with no flavour, and the chips looked and tasted like they were cooked a hundred times. I would avoid this restaurant at all cost. Not so FLASH FLASH after all.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Having walked past this restaurant a couple of times I decided to try it. First of all the service was very very bad. The waiter did not speak any english and seemed quite reluctant to serve us. We waited some time for a waiter to take our order, when on top of that the restaurant was quite empty. Our food came and it was not tasty at all and these were suggested to us by the waiter. Our plate were half full when we left and we definitely felt it was overpriced for what we got. Very bad experience and I do not recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Ani S
ignaciofood, Owner at Flash Flash Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Hi shafani!

I write to you in response to your opinion posted about Flash Flash Madrid.

First of all thanks for choosing Flash Flash, and I am really sorry your experience was as bad as you explain. We work very hard and constantly to mantain a certain level, and i can assure that it is very VERY strange to have a problem as the one you had with 1. very bad service (of course can happen), and very bad food! (that is VERY strange), if you add them up that is surprisingly strange.

For that reason I want to invite you to lunch or dinner, alone or accompained, you choose. Im positive your review and opinion will change dramatically.

Please, i'd love to have more information on your visit. What day and hour was it, what dishes did you try, how was the waiter that attended, and how was he specially so bad to you. All this information is necessary for us, and we will use it to continue working hard trying to survive to the very delicate spanish situation we live in. It would be great if you could send it to ignacio@flashflashmadrid.com

So, REALLY SORRY again, and i hope to hear from you soon, with the additional information and your totally free visit whenever you choose to.

Thanks again. Regards,