“Outrageous. Do not waste your money”

NH Madrid Paseo de la Habana
Ranked #264 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We booked this hotel solely for its location (2 steps from where my friend's wedding was being held) and the good reputation of the NH chain. We were really disappointed that the service provided was definitely not that of a 4 star hotel. Probably not even 3 star.

We paid for two "double superior" rooms, which were actually tiny. We asked for double beds and were given twin beds, which kept sliding away from each other. There is no car park as such in the hotel, but they told us they would book a space in a nearby car park. We turned up only to find out they hadn't and there were no spaces left.

The floors were very dirty. Our room did not get cleaned, even though we were out for 5 hours in the morning and 6 hours in the evening and specifically asked for it to be cleaned. When we asked for more shampoo and shower gel, as it had not been replaced, we were told, in a rather rude way, to go down to the lobby to get it if we wanted it before 9 am. The plug hole in the bath did not work and we had to shower with water up to our knees.

We will be writing a formal complaint letter to the NH chain managers to inform them of the poor performance of this hotel. Madrid is a very competitive market, and there are dozens of hotels that offer a much better service for a similar price, if not cheaper.

Room Tip: Do not book ANY room here if you can avoid it
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank M R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for NH Madrid Paseo de la Habana

Reviewed 29 May 2011

I was invited to give conferences in a Madrid university and they booked in this hotel because it was in the neighborhood . Unfortunately i confirmed the bad opinion I already had of Nh chain. The single room was tiny, the bed next to the wall and little space to work. If I wanted wireless in the room I would have to pay so I preferred to work on the lobby where I could get 30 minutes of wireless. Yesterday I had to check out two hours before my conference (or else I would have to pay by the hour to keep my room...).I decided to eat an hamburger in the cafeteria which reviewing my notes and during the night I felt nauseous and today I was diagnosed with mild food poisoning. And the worst thing was the service:rude staff, not a smile or an excuse when people complained because there was no more hot milk or coffee in the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank IsabelTM
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I stayed in this hotel for the football spurs v real game. I found the staff very frendly & helpful
I had a single room the room was very small but adequart ,no tea making facelity in room,good selection of toiletries in the bathroom.The breakfast was e18-00 for a buffet style,The bed in the bedroom kept moving away from the wall as it had wheels on it the floor was a lamanate.
The hotel was very clean and pleasent,but I have stayed in better 3 star hotels. I would stay hear again but only for a short stay.
The hotel is great access to real madrid 's ground and the metro is a short walk away which can give you great access to other parts of madrid. taxi fare to the airport was e24,but the metro is e3.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank gary136
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I booked this via a lastminute.com special offer and was rather worried to read the reviews on here. In practice it was fine. I paid for a single room but they gave me a double; nice big comfortable bed; nothing wrong with the decor that I could see - spacious bathroom, lovely tangerine-scented toiletries. The room was hot but hey you can always open the window. The safe was big enough to put my laptop in. I had my dongle so didn't use the free internet but NB if you want to use it you do need an ethernet cable. There was no sign of tea+coffee making facilities in my room but to be fair I wasn't bothered and didn't ask about it.
Despite being on a main road it was not especially noisy - no noisy nightly bin collecting here!
The chambermaid was a sweetie, always with a happy smile; the reception staff were very helpful, making phone calls for me when I had problems with my inadequate grasp of Spanish, and printing boarding passes etc. Moreover this hotel has ramps everywhere so is presumably wheelchair friendly, but certainly very useful if like me you have heavy luggage. No complaints at all and I will stay here again if I need to be in the Castellana area of Madrid another time.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2011

This is the only supposedly three star hotel that I have ever stayed in that does cannot supply an iron or ironing board to guests. They suggested that if I wish to dre-wrinkle my shirts and trousers after unpacking them, that I pay to send them out!

Not only did in-room internet not work when I checked in, but also I was unable to receive incoming calls (from a Sunday at about 15:00 to Monday at about 10:30).

In short, NOT up to NH's usual standard, and not a "three star" facility.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business