“good Atmosphere, good food”
Review of La Gabinoteca

La Gabinoteca
Ranked #794 of 12,369 Restaurants in Madrid
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 December 2017

the atmosphere is good, i like the place in general
i like the seafood tapas
mussels and scallop tapas are my favorite
tuna is average

Reviewed 22 December 2017

its rare, for me and my love, to visit a restaurant twice during a one week trip. But we broke the rule for this amazing and fun restaurant. During our first night we were preoccupied with a steamy personal discussion, so we didn't fully appreciate the great Blue tuna and other menu items. So we decided to go again, but this time after resolving our issue. The second time was even better. The service is really relaxed and cater to our needs. we even ordered the Blue fin and it was just as good.

1  Thank Nabilnh
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

We went to this place, after visiting Fismuller. As it is from the same group and we loved it, we decided to give a try to another one.
definitely a right choice. Tasty Food, very good presentation and very original.
The meat on fire is a must. Other top dishes are the Red Tunna and the gyozas of "ropa vieja"

Talking about desserts is a different thing. We tryed the carrot cake which was nice, but we were really disappointed about "Tarta de los cumples" which is some sort of tradicional Spanish Bday cake.

From My perspective, being a midle-high level restaurant, My expectations about service were higher. We ordened a bottle of wine, and the Waiter Just opened, he did not gave us for tasting. Second they offered to us glasses of water for Red wine. Later, upon request they brought proper Red wine glasses. Lastly, it took too long to get served and they were not paying too much attention to our área. Good point is that they adviced us really well on the selection.

Despide this small details, I definitely recommend it and I Will come back again.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Creative interior, quick and friendly service and very nice and innovative tapas. I highly recommend and is worth a detour.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Went there couple of times and I just love the way they do the artichokes! The place is nice and modern, and I recommend you to make a reservation. Some tables are not well located and the upper level is always very, very noisy. If you can get a table outside, even better!
Regarding the prices, they are a bit spicy and a dinner can easily get around 50€/person.