“Letango Tours is outstanding!”

Letango Spain Tours - Private Day Tours
Ranked #67 of 264 Tours in Madrid
More attraction details
Owner description: We plan customized trips to Spain. Tours that show you the most authentic places and people our country has to offer. We work hard to make you experience Spain first hand with the help of great guides and family run hotels and businesses. We cover food, art, nature, architecture always trying to include all our traditions.
Charlotte
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Letango Tours is outstanding!”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I have been in the travel business for over 30 years and am the President of Old World Travel. During the past year I have had several occasions to work with Carlos Galvin at Letango Tours. I have used him for groups and for individuals. i would definitely recommend Letango Tours. He is very prompt and I have found his suggestions in different itineraries to be excellent. Letango is a small operation but they know their product and give good personal attention to the client before, during and even after the sale.

Visited April 2011
2 Thank Kathy P
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Irvine, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highlights of Madrid”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I accompanied my husband on a business trip to Madrid in November and found myself with a lot of time and little knowledge of the city. After a couple days of wandering through the musems, plazas and shopping I found myself wanting to know more about Madrid. Jennifer at Letango Tours was wonderful. I took a personalized walking tour with her through the city, learning about the history of the city, Spain and enjoying trivia I would otherwise not have heard about. Jennifer gave me plenty of restaurant recommendations, and suggestions for day trips from Madrid on future visits to the city. I highly recommend Letango Tours and throughly enjoyed my 4 hours discovering Madrid with Jennifer - who piqued my interest for future visits to Madrid.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Denise O
Portland
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“The Best Tour of Our Trip”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

If you have not been to Madrid and would like a custom tour to see the sights and get a true feel for the city call Letango tours. Our only regret was we didn't have him show us the city the first day we were there. Carlos Galvin took the 4 of us on a wonderfull walking tour of the old city. Tell of the culture, the people, the food( oh the food!!!) and the traditions, Making reccomendations of other places to see during our stay in Madrid as well as on the other Spanish Cities we were going to. He was easily understood and tailord the tour our interests and walking capabilities. His reccomendations on the best places for eating the food of Spain was right on the mark. From Chocolate & Churros and Tapas to Roast Suckling Pig at Botin, the worlds oldest reseraunt, we were able to enjoy after a day of sightseeing . For those who follow the Rick Steves tour philosophy, this is "Madrid thru the Back Door".

Visited May 2011
2 Thank Vance B
Polokwane
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Worth every cent”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Letango Tours are very professional and well organized.

Jennifer replied to every e-mail dilligently, and went out of her way to accomodate us and put together a lovely 5-hour driven tour (with limited walking) with tradittional tapas for lunch at the end, as we only had a few hours in Madrid in-between connecting flights.

Carlos is an excellent guide and very quickly changed or adapted the tour where and when necessary, as firstly our flight was delayed with two hours, and secondly us being a very diverse group of 8 people ranging from a 4-year to 70 year old.

On our own, with only a few hours to spare, we would have struggled to see and experience a little bit of Madrid. A professional guide such as Carlos made all the difference. I can highly recommend using them!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Busy_Bee_0804
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worth every penny and then some!”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We are a couple traveling to Spain for the first time. Everything was done through email and one or two calls with Carlos, who is very responsive over email. We had a highly customized schedule with a tight deadline and Letango delivered far beyond expectations. They tailored our itinerary to our liking and made sure we knew exactly what we were paying for. We ended up doing some work (like hotel and travel bookings) on our own to lower the overall cost. Letango was very professional and understanding about it and offered help like recommending locations and routes. In the end we decided on a 2-week Barcelona -> Seville -> Granada -> Madrid schedule with personal tours at each location.
All of Letango's guides are knowledgeable, genuine, and entertaining. Their stories presented a good balance of history, anecdote, and jokes. We never heard boilerplate regurgitation, were shown places inaccessible to regular tourists, and toured in a way that rarely bumped into crowds.
Carlos himself is an exceptional guide. Conversations with him give you a real and in-depth understanding of past and present Spain. Walking around Madrid with him ended up becoming one of the highlights of our trip.
Memories are all we have to hold on to after any trip, and I am willing to pay a bit more to for great memories with friends and family.
I wholeheartedly recommend Letango.

Visited June 2011