All reviews tse yang four seasons magnum bar cantonese restaurant prestige room corte ingles high end shopping la castellana serrano street excellent property hotel of choice pillow menu marble bathroom salamanca district room service business or pleasure department store
Reviewed 18 September 2017

This was our first visit 9 night visit and we were very happy. We stayed in a Prestige room with a beautiful view of Paseo La Castellana.

Since our arrival the staff was very welcoming. We are members of LHW but we didn't receive the upgrade subject to availability but as a welcoming treat we got 3 brownies and 3 fruits, nothing impressive but that was not the reason why we chose the hotel.

Comfortable big bed, pillow menu which is very convenient, amazing shower (though it was with a bad smell but after indicating they put some deodorizer but still should check, room 606), big bathroom and 2 closets.

What really impressed us was the service. From room service, housekeeping, bell boys, concierge, front desk, Breakfast staff...everything was perfect and always with a smile. Concierge helped us book restaurants in advance, very good restaurants.

There were only 2 things that didn't go well :

- somebody left for us a gift (bottle of wine and some board with Manchego cheese) and an envelope with some important information. We didnt received it. Complaint and asked for it and apparently that was delivered to another guest. After even calling the manager on duty it took some time to find it. We just got the bottle of wine and a paper that was left to us. No cheese or real apologies which was a bit annoying because we were really pushing to get out things. This shouldn't happen in a 5 star hotel. Just as a detail, when they found the bottle of wine and the paper there were left in the hotel without a note or anything even knowing the cheese was missing and obviously our discomfort regarding this issue.

- We also left a gift for somebody to pick up. After 5 days we asked for it to take it personally and they told us it was already picked up. That was not the case since we asked the person who was addressed to and he told us it was not picked up. The following day we complaint and they still had it. Apparently not a good control of packages.

Besides that we would go back. It is not a cheap hotel but worth it 100%. Great breakfast, excellent location.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Visited the Villa Magna for the first time on a 3 night stay. Had many friends recommended this hotel and had to find out for ourselves. Located very conveniently on Serrano & La Castellana streets, were many high end shops, restaurants and boutiques are located. Super convenient the fact is next door to the Corte Ingles, where there is also a supermarket and Gourmet Store for spanish and european delicacies. Rooms are extremely clean and the air conditioned is very good (not usual at spanish hotels). The only issue in the room is the bed, a bit hard, they should buy some beds from Four Season or Marriott which are far superior. The hotel has a couple of outdoor terraces for breakfast or afternoon drinks, both with varied menus for eating and drinking. The hotel also has two main restaurants, the Villa Magna has a local menu and its very good, excellent ingredients and superb attention. The other is the Chinese Tse Yang which had just opened but we did not visited. If it was as good as the old one in New York, it must be great. Overall, I would conclude that we had an excellent stay, bait pricey compared to other similar choices ( such as the Intercontinental, Palace or the Principal) and will most probably be staying here for further trips to Madrid in the future.

Stayed: September 2017
hotelvillamagna, Director General at Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you for your generous comments about the Villa Magna, our staff and our service and wish to tell you how grateful I am for your kind words. Your compliments give our employees an enormous stimulus.
I hope to welcome you back soon and send you my kindest regards along with my appreciation, once again, for taking the time to register your comments.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

5 Stars hotel in Madrid, they deserve the 5 stars. The place is near all the big Shops, and very near Serrano streat the fanciest street in Madrid. They have a Chinese Restaurant in the Hotel , that is one of the best in town. The rooms are cozy and the linens and towels are Great. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying at the Villa Magna.
It makes me very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and I thank you for sharing your experience with us. Direct feedback from our clients, both good and bad, is the most valuable advice we can receive!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

advise not to provide credit card as a security deposit during your stay. card was being charged by the hotel without any informed after two months check out!! so so so terrible, no one acknowledges OR take immediate action after we wrote in an complained email.
WHAT A BAD EXPERIENCE.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank OnT59
hotelvillamagna, Director General at Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at the Villa Magna. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our guests.
I truly regret that we didn’t handle things better and have followed up with my team to ensure such a situation does not recur.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

What a fabulous hotel. Stayed four nights here with a friend to celebrate our 60th birthdays. We so enjoyed our stay at Villa Magna, from the moment we arrived the service was second to none. We had a lovely room, very peaceful on the corner of the hotel with a nice view.

Breakfasts were taken on the terrace every morning which was very prettily set out with crisp white linen and flowers on the table. Very wide choice from a full cooked breakfast menu or meats, cheeses and pastries with an excellent choice of different breads.

The lounge and reception areas as well as the bar and two more outside terrace areas made all lovely places to relax with drinks or coffee and tea served beautifully.

Hotel is in a lovely area with designer shops and great restaurants surrounding it. Walking distance from Prado was an easy 25 minute stroll and very pleasant walking.

If I visit Madrid again I will definitely be staying here, I couldn't complain about anything and the staff could not have been more friendly or helpful

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
hotelvillamagna, Director General at Villa Magna, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Greetings from the Villa Magna! What a “Superb” review. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We really care how our guests feel about the Villa Magna and it is reviews like yours that charge up our batteries and give us so much enthusiasm and drive to keep on providing the best service we know to our guests.
I will share your comments with my staff and I hope you will regard the Villa Magna as your hotel in Madrid and hope you will visit us as often as you like. We will make every effort to make your stay memorable.
My appreciation, once again, for taking the time to register and share your comments.