Private Madrid Museum Tours

Book in advance
from
$281.40
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Private Madrid Museum Tours
from $281.40
from $318.24
from $305.87
from $347.47
More Info
All reviews hernan satt art history royal palace come alive private guide walking tour company knowledge kings metro
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2019 via mobile

My wife and I took our 13yr. old grandson to Spain as our family roots are from different areas in that country.
Our guide for one full, packed day to the Prado museum and the Royal Palace in Madrid was Hernan Satt. He was extremely knowledgeable and patient with the 3 of us.
He took the appropriate time to make the tours extremely interesting for our grandson who bombarded him with questions he most graciously answered in detailed.
Hernan was very interactive with us as well as our grandson making the day outing a learning experience for him as well as us, the grandparents.
I highly recommend Private Madrid Museum Tours.
Well worth the money if you are looking for a unique visit in Spain.
They are most accomplished and accommodating in every way!
Gracias a Hernan!!!

1  Thank ChinchinMiami
Reviewed 22 July 2019

This 2.5 hour tour at the Prado with Irina may have been my favorite part of our trip to Spain. Irina told us about art, history and culture. She is an excellent storyteller. We could have spent a year studying art history and we would not have made the connections and gained the insights that she shared with us. She is funny and personable and so very smart -- thank you Irina!!

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank 423amym
Reviewed 30 June 2019 via mobile

Two beautiful towns with so much history, definitely a must!
Organizers went out of their way to accommodate a larger than their usual group. Guide was very knowledgeable of all the important details of each site, it’s history and importance. He kept the pace and made sure we didn’t waste time and made sure we noticed every little detail since we left Madrid in the morning. Great experience!

Reviewed 25 June 2019 via mobile

We couldn’t have been more happy with our selection of Madrid Museum Tours for our two days in Madrid. On day one, Hernan wowed us with a tour of the true Madrid. We took in the backroads, beautiful parks, and tried some of the local cuisine. He amazed of with his knowledge of the history of beautiful Madrid.
Day two Hernan guided us with his expertise around the beautiful UNESCO sites of Segovia and Avila. The tours were truly one of the highlights of our trip to Spain. Hernan even knows a little about the history of Rock & Roll... Great Tour! Great Guide! Great Experience! Would highly recommend to all.

Reviewed 9 June 2019

My family and I did the Prado Museum and Toledo 1-day tour. The Prado Museum portion of the tour was guided by Irina Karasenko. Irina has a wealth of knowledge, and she put this on display by adeptly discussing various areas such as the mindset of the artists, the messages they were trying to convey, and the political and socioeconomic conditions of the time in which the art pieces were created. In addition, I noticed Irina did something no other tour guide in the museum did: she had us view some of the paintings from different locations/perspectives, and in so doing, we were able to see some visual effects unique to the paintings themselves. For instance, Irina had us view one of the paintings of Jesus Christ from across the room because the painting had the appearance of being 3-dimensional from this location. She then had us come closer to the same painting, and upon doing so, we noticed other elements such as the artist’s use of realism and impressionism that would not be gleaned standing from afar. All of the aforementioned things contextualized the art we viewed and exceeded the expectations we had for the museum portion of the tour. Beyond that, Irina proved to be incredibly kind, warm, and accommodating.

The Toledo portion of the tour was guided by Hernan A. Satt. Like Irina, Hernan has a wealth of historical knowledge as well, and this helped set the stage for us to gain greater insights about Toledo, one of UNESCO’s World Heritage sites. There are a couple of things that really set Hernan apart. Firstly, Hernan has an amazing ability to connect with his clients. He took an interest in who we are, where we come from, and what we wanted out of the tour. After taking these things into consideration, Hernan was able to adjust his tour on the fly to meet what we wanted to do. For example, we were given two options to view Toledo: (1) go to the places where 95% of the tourists go or (2) view Toledo from “off the beaten path.” My group chose option #2, and the ensuing result was being able to view some unique areas unbeknownst to most of the touring public in attendance such as an underground cave over 1,000 years old. This “off the beaten path” option made our private tour feel that much more exclusive because no other tourists were going to the areas we were visiting. Secondly, Hernan has a propensity to go above and beyond for his clients. Leveraging his knowledge and experience of Madrid, Hernan suggested areas and activities my family and I could do in Madrid outside of the scope of the Toledo tour itself. Through his dealings with my family and I, I got the sense that Hernan really cares about his clients and wants them to have a fun and enjoyable experience. In addition to everything mentioned, Hernan is a worldly and energetic guide with an incredible sense of humor.

The service my family and I received from Irina and Hernan during the Prado Museum and Toledo 1-day tour made for an unforgettable experience, and I can’t wait to hopefully visit Madrid under their guidance again.

2  Thank Brian N