“Home away from home”

Ranked #23 of 277 Madrid B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Besides all of the good things others have written about Hospedaje A. Romero, I wanted to add my own personal story of the great treatment I received there. My husband and I were in Madrid for two nights, and we unluckily caught a stomach virus. Charo and Miguel were so sweet -- they offered to get us juice, extra water, and whatever we needed. They even gave us a couple extra hours in our room on our checkout day because we were too weak to make it out of bed in time. Since we were sick, we didn't get to see much of the city at all, which means we'll have to come back. And, when we do, we'll definitely book a room at Romero again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Seraway
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Spruce Grove, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2012

This was our first trip to Madrid and it was a fabulous experience - thanks in large part to our accommodations. This 6th floor location on the Gran Via was perfect for my husband and I - close to parks, metro station, shopping, restaurants and everything we wanted to see and do in Madrid. The owners were very friendly and our room was very comfortable - airconditioning with a private bathroom and shower. There is an elevator to bring you up to the apartments and while there is no breakfast served here, there is a Starbucks and several other restaurants very close by. The hop on/hop off bus stop to tour Madrid is located just up the street and there are outdoor cafes all along the Gran Via - right outside the door - to enjoy an evening drink before heading home for the night. The price was very reasonable and I would highly recommend this place to anyone wanting to be in the heart of Madrid.

Room Tip: In the summer, I would recommend you request the room with air conditioning.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carolyn048
whilttier,ca
Reviewed 16 July 2012

this is an older 6th floor apt, attended by a charming spanish-speaking lady and her son. They are very sincere and earnest in helping you , but keep a respectful distance and are unobtrusive.
The funishings are modest and clean. The location in on the main street in the theater district, and very walkable to most evening activities. You are steps away from most of your needs.
The room is very quiet and a nice respite from the hustle and bustle of the city.
enjoy!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank topgum1
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 6 July 2012

在Hospedaje Romero住的这几天里,我和我的爱人都特别高兴,对小旅馆的居住环境和条件设施也特别满意。
首先值得一提的是,我们住在的地点是马德里市中心最繁华的大街上gran via,以为会很吵,意想不到的是我们感觉特别的安静。我们居住的当晚正好赶上欧洲杯西班牙半决赛,大街的球迷庆祝的很多,担心会被吵到,出乎意料,在我们的房间里特别的安静。我们都睡得很好,很踏实。
小旅馆的房间很干净,也很惹人喜欢。床很舒服。卫生间很小,但不错。我们住得房间里有一个大的吊顶电扇,没有空调。但是,如果客人有特别的需要,可以提前和旅馆的工作人员提出要求进行安排。我们的房间很凉快。一般情况下,我是怕热的人,但是这个电扇对于我们来说足够了。(尽管好多西班牙人抱怨马德里六月的天气太热了)还有,屋子里有一个液晶电视。
旅馆的主人是母子俩,特别得热情 。他们会主动向客人介绍城市情况和帮助客人解答问题,不仅是旅行上的问题,甚至是西班牙当下的情况。他们的服务让我们感到像在家一样。下次再来马德里,这个地方肯定是我们的首选。

It was a real pleasure to stay at Hospedaje Romero! Having spent several days there with my wife, I can say that I have absolutely no complaints.

First of all, I was surprised by how quiet it was despite its incredibly centric location (right on Madrid's main avenue, Gran Via). We slept there on the night that Spain won the semifinals during the football Eurocup, so I thought perhaps it would be noisy that night. But no, it was quiet and calm despite all the partying outside, and we slept perfectly.

The building and rooms are charming and clean. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom is typically small, but nice. Our room had a big fan hanging from the ceiling and no A/C, but I understand other rooms do have air conditioning, so you may want to contact them about it if this is important to you. Our room was very cool, though. Normally, I can't stand much heat, but it was more than cool enough for me. (Not bad, considering that every Spanish was complaining about the heat wave that had hit Spain at the time, in late June). There's a TV with a flat screen.

The hosts who run the place (mother and son) are both especially friendly people. They will happily offer to help you with any questions you might have about Madrid, or even about Spain's current situation. We felt very welcome and will return next time we're back in town.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a fan or A/C, according to your preference.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

My stay here has been most pleasant, thanks to Char and Raul (mother and son). The place is very well kept since Char and Raul live there too. They make me feel so welcome and the room is really good value for money. When they saw that I had a bad cold (running nose) one night, the next day, Char arranged to transfer me to a bigger room en-suite when the guests checked out so that I can breathe better, without extra charge. Even though both of them speak very limited English, I understood that they wanted to ensure guest comfort is priority. The location is spot on too. It's along shopping street, gay pride parade was along the road too. You can catch the outet shopping express bus too the plaza beside the BnB. Can't fault on the location at all. I will certainly stay there again if I'm back in Madrid.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo