All reviewsramon freixamichelin restaurantsalamanca areagreat hotelgreat boutiquequiet streetnespresso machinespecial thankshotel is locatedexcellent stayspent nightsretiro parklocation is excellentcity breakthe air conditioningtapasbarrio
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I went there with two friends late eve for a drink. You could think that you sit in your own living room - very comfortable and modern style. It took a while until the waiter arrived but with had our own room so it was nice to talk. The place is to recommend albeit I was not staying in the hotel itself it is very central and high-class

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Jacobo R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Unico Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear Bup69,

Thank you so much for takinf the time to share your excellent experience with us and the rest of the Tripadvisor users

I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed our common areas. Thank you for remarking the relaxing atmosphere of our hotel

Should you require any further asssitance, please do not hesitate to contact us

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 May 2017

My father and I stayed at the Unico Hotel during the Easter weekend and it was truly wonderful. The hotel is a beautiful boutique hotel, the rooms are nicely designed with big bathrooms, and the design is modern with a hint of classical architecture. The staff were very professional, always on hand to book restaurants and recommend places and attended to our every need. Before arriving, I spoke with the concierge who kindly booked a few restaurants for us and we were not disappointed! Needless to say, we felt very much at home here.

The location of the hotel is also fantastic. The street it is on is lovely and green, very quiet and the area is the beautiful, upmarket (slightly quiet) "Salamanca". We were able to walk almost everywhere, and if not we never spent more than 10 minutes in a taxi.

If you are looking to stay in a more quiet side of town then this is a gem. The only reason I have not awarded the hotel 5 stars is because the garden and restaurant area were very very quiet and there was very little atmosphere in the hotel overall (potentially because of Easter).

I highly recommend this hotel and I will certainly be staying here during my next visit to Madrid.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Located in an unbeatable location, Hotel Unico has one of the best customer services that I have experienced in a hotel. I travel frequently to Madrid and decided to give this hotel a try. I visited with my partner and they made us feel welcome, accomodating all our needs and helping reserve a couple of restaurants. However note that everything is very small at the hotel. The reception area only has one desk, the gym only has one treadmill and the stunning patio has been reduced due to a "smoking" room they have recently added. It is on this smoking room that the breakfast is partly served (coffee and pastries). It is less than desirable to have to inhale a puff of smoke every time you want a croissant and I felt sorry for the employees that have to breathe in the smoke constanly.
The room is cozy and the bed is comfortable. Very clean with a modern and functional bathroom. Slippers, bathrobe and super fast wi-fi included.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlliSonDak
Jacobo R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Unico Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear AlliSonDak,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and the rest of the travellers.

I was so happy to learn how much you enjoyed th service provided by all the team here. Thank you for remarking our central location in the heart of the Salamanca District.

I am truly sorry for the inconveniences causes with the smoke. Together with the management will study your kind words and try to find the best solution.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights in room 205 in early May. First up, this is a small hotel so don't expect large public meeting areas or an indoor pool or a full bank of large elevators or lots of staff on hand. Secondly, its expensive. Thirdly, it is a beautiful hotel in lovely small tree lined street with clean modern fittings done in a tasteful way suited to the age of the building and the surrounding streets. The bathroom is huge and very well designed, and I LOVE that you can open the door to the tiny balcony and let fresh breeze into the room on a nice evening while you sleep. For me, that was something I found very cool. The buffet breakfast choice is small but top quality, and is supplemented by complimentary limited a la carte for cooked eggs. Coffee is good. The gym is small and very limited - more of a place to stretch and do some sit ups and push ups rather than any serious weights workout. Staff are excellent and polite and helpful, even if (like me) you don't speak a word of Spanish. So in summary, if you want stylish and don't mind small, stay here. I will come here again, I thought it was terrific.

Room Tip: Room 205 was good.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear Zxcbv,

Thank you so much for takig the time to share your recent experience at Unico Hotel Madrid.

I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed our central location and the layour of the room and window opening system. Thank you for remarking the high quality of our breakfast buffet.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

I am an international lawyer who travels globally and extensively for business. I never write reviews. However, Unico is the greatest hotel I've stayed in. I was there 3 1/2 weeks on wine business, and it was like a better Upper East Side experience in one of the greatest European cities. Food (2 Michelin star restaurant), service, staff, rooms, location, interesting and worldly guests....first class in Salamanca. No need to wander out of the neighborhood and maybe even hotel...Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear Robert r,

Thank you so much for posting a top review following your recent experience at Unico Hotel Madrid.

I was so happy to learn how much you enjoyed th service provided by all the team here. It will be a real pleasure for me to share your kind words witht the rest of the team.