“A gem of a restaurant down the back streets of Madrid”
Review of Astor

Astor
Ranked #3 of 12,782 Restaurants in Madrid
Price range: US$ 17 - US$ 57
Neighbourhood: La Latina
Neighbourhood: La Latina
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Rachel was very welcoming and nothing was to much trouble.
The menu is quite small which we really like as everything is cooked to order.
We had beet hummus and salad to start which was amazing, followed by ox burger and finally the best cheesecake we have tasted.
All washed down with a lovely bottle of Rioja. and a house cocktail which was very good.
The restaurant is quite small and gets very full very quickly you must book in advance, as many many people just came on the night and were turned away.
Thank you to all the staff especially in the kitchen for a fabulous night, see you all again on our next trip to Madrid.

1  Thank Casalucas

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This is a superb restaurant. The service is fantastic and the aperitifs they give you are wonderful. We particularly enjoyed the chocolate dessert! It is also very reasonably priced - we expected to pay a lot more! You can’t book on tripadvisor, we emailed them and they got back to us within a few hours. A definite yes when in Madrid.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went to Madrid to the Athletics European Master Championship in March 2018 and in our last night, a Sunday, we and another couple were looking for a place with genuine food to eat, we wanted an unforgettable experience to take back home with us and that is exactly what we found at the Astor. We were walking down a little street near our AirBnB and we realised it was still opened. At first there were no tables available, but we decided to wait for 40 min. We went for some drinks and back and every second waiting for the table was worth it. The staff, from front door to kitchen, is super friendly and focused on
offering each client an unique experience. The owner came to our table to check if all was good a couple of times. We were offered complimentary aperitif and digestives shots after our meal. We had the Octopus and the Salmon Tartar for first course, and they were simply beautiful, the type of food that you want to enjoy really slowly as every mouthful is an explosion of flavour! I had the mushroom risotto for main course, and it was the best risotto I have ever had in my life. My husband really enjoyed his steak and the cheesecake was to die for. We had nice wines throughout our dinner, the wine menu is very diverse and the cocktails were another treat! The atmosphere is excellent, decoration is so cool! Well worth and personally I thought the price was very good for the entire experience. Unforgettable!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Small intimate restaurant. Just a few block away from the main train station. Excellent food and service. Not overpriced like American restaurants.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent six days in Madrid, and we ate at a lot of places. Astor was our favorite. You can’t go wrong with anything you order. The Argentinian baked pie appetizer was so flavorful. I had the risotto (pear and walnut!!!) and my husband had the stuffed pasta with truffle sauce. Both were amazing. The best part was the dessert. If you like cheesecake, you must try it at Astor. It’s delightful, as was the chocolate dessert. I can’t say enough about the friendly service and beautiful atmosphere. Make a reservation a couple days in advance. You will not regret it!