“It was...”
Review of Maydrit Hotel

Maydrit Hotel
Ranked #107 of 437 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Hotel Maydrit was quiet, peaceful and nice. It wasn't a far commute to anywhere honestly and the rooms were spectacular, for the most part. Hotel Maydrit is off the beaten path, so, it is a little confusing to get to the first time or so, but you work it out and it becomes easier to find each time.
They have a great breakfast array that is included but the dining room isn't a large one, so, if can be fairly crowded in the later morning part for dining. THe selections were pretty standard, yet good.
There is a Chinese restaurant across the street we checked out and we *heart* it. The owners and staff were so nice and warm, that was our experience with them, they treated us great!
There is like four playgrounds near each end of the hotel, all dedicated by age and was something for your kids to do besides the walk and view. There is also a commercial center across the way that is huge and has just about the basics plus more, and Mercadona.
Our room was clean, bright, white, very corporate-like and a decent size. The television had no English channels even though it stated it did, couldn't figure that part out and normally we always do...Everything was glass, so, with my 3 year old it was party-time for her (mouth on the glass, hand prints, kisses, etc. The usual), so on that note, not kid-proof, not sure if kid-friendly but we made it work. We were there for a week on business and pleasure!
***Madrid has fake police that try to scam tourists by asking to see your passport or something like that, we got approach by the worse looking-fake-police I've seen. He actually was scared of me when I started asking him to show HIS identity and the sped off. This took place Directly in front of our hotel, I told the man at the desk and he said that is normal and took note.*** Be wise people.
Besides that the stay was great! No fancy views, but quiet and peaceful. Can get extremely crowded, OH, forgot to mention the pool, which wasn't open yet :-( But I would, maybe go back if it was just me and my husband...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank LaTashaMarie
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Fantastic rooms stunning bathrooms and showers, not far from city centre , friendly staff
fantastic hotel. Very great value for the price i paid as well sound system in the bathroom and fully stocked minibar. Very stilish hotel the swimming pool was not open but it was ok.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Harm L
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I was staying in Madrid for a 2 day layover before meeting my group in Seville. I was referrred to this Hotel from Air Canada.
To ANY one coming to Madrid, ensure you have the ADDRESS in hand! Cab drivers have no idea what / where Hotel Maydrit /Hotele Santos is. Even the airport shuttle bus guy had a challenge. They need the address... " Calle de Piragua 1"
Write it down keep it with you for the duration of your stay.
As for the hotel. Amazing helpful staff! Full points...
Personally, I am VERY limited in my Spanish but if you approach them with humbleness, state "lo siento, habla espanol poquito poquito." they spoke to you in English...some more fluent than others, but I always got my needs met. The greatest thing I learned from them was using the subways. OMG what a huge savings from cabs and so much quicker.
The room was amazing for the price I paid ... kicked butt on several big names hotels I stayed @ in other places. It was clean, ultra modern & chic.
My advice though, ensure the shower door is right tight and the bath mat up close as the design doesn't hold the water in well. Also I was not aware that the power comes on ONLY when your room key is placed in the slot of a box, to the left, on the wall as you enter the room (or it was left in my suite).
AVOID the bar fridge... Pringles, wee can 5 euros & water 9.
There was no free internet*** If you used their computer / 6 euros for one hour.
If you used your laptop 10 euro for 24 hours.
Yes I would use this Hotel again if I needed to be close to the airport, the area was quiet and with the Subway sytem could be down town in 10 minutes. Awesome stay. Pool and court yard ...LOVELY
Sorry, can't comment on the bar or food I was exploring those venues downtown, and enjoying the city.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Angel S
Reviewed 18 June 2012

FANTASTIC hotel. Stayed from 14th - 17th June 2012. 10 minutes from the airport. Hotel offers free shuttle service but only between certain hours. We got a taxi. Very easy and only 15 euros. Hotel staff extremely friendly especially Alexandria at check in. Spotlessly clean and very modern fixtures and fittings. Only 300 mtrs from metro station and super easy to get into the city centre, journey was about 25 minutes. Metro very clean and felt extremely safe even returning to hotel late at night. A two day unlimited metro card costs about 13 euros. Food in the hotel was lovely and bar staff friendly. Prepare yourself for very strong drinks. I had 4 drinks over the three nights and had nearly 3/4 of a bottle of vodka. Definately would return to this hotel, in a very quiet district. Can't fault it. 10/10

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank allip1971
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stayed for one night before our morning flight from Barajas. The hotel is modern, has a convenient restaurant, and comfortable and reliable shuttle service to the airport. It is also located two blocks away from a metro station and about 20 minutes by metro from Downtown/sightseeing areas. The room and bathroom were spacious and comfortable. The restaurant was good. We made a mistake in our reservation (three people in a triple room, reservation was for one guest) and the receptionist was very helpful meeting us halfway on the rate difference. We recommend it as a comfortable full-service hotel near the airport.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family