“One word....fantastic!”
other travellers have booked this property
Kitchen Diner Kitchen
Kitchen
Dining Area
Living Area
Living Area
Bedroom with built in storage
Entrance Hall
Bath Shower
Bathroom
View from Livingroom
The Straits of Gibraltar
Mediterranean Steps
Barbary macaques in Gibraltar
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Joseph J
“One word....fantastic!”
Reviewed 4 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

My wife and I decided to take a chance with the unpredictable spring-time weather in Gibraltar and book a visit for a little over a week on The Rock. From the moment we paid the final amount for the apartment, we had complete support from Tony. What impressed me even the more, was Tony's attention to detail in making sure he was well-acquainted with us and our travel arrangements.

We met Tony outside of the apartment and we were introduced to our fantastic home for the next week. Tony is a fantastic host and was very forth-coming in explaining to us the sights to see and the tax-free delights of Gibraltar. He ensured that we were well acquainted with the apartment complex and locations for basic services; certainly what I expect from a fantastic host.

The apartment is situated very close to the city, a perfect location for two sociable people like my wife and I. Its location ensured easy access to and from Casemates and Main Street, and is only a seven minute walk from the nearby Morrisons and the delightful Ocean Village. The apartment itself is located is simply perfect and it contained everything we needed. Very clean, presentable and stylish; the apartment was a pure delight to stay in for our time in Gibraltar. What made our stay in Tony's apartment more enjoyable was the fact that we were able to roll out of bed and enjoy a coffee or a beer (or three) in one of the nearby restaurants and pubs.

Without a doubt, Tony's reception and the fact that he was on-hand at any hour of the day, made our trip to Gibraltar much more relaxing.

If I could, I would rate this apartment 'Exceptionally Excellent'...so I guess 'Excellent' will have to do.

This was my first time renting an apartment for a holiday getaway, and I can safely say that this experience has made sure that I won't pay for expensive hotels again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
30 May 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write this detailed and very informative review! I am sure it will help greatly in giving any guests thinking of booking, an insight into the apartment and the amenities it has to offer. I would love to welcome you back if (or hopefully when) you return to Gibraltar! My very best of wishes to you both - Tony
Ade F
Leicester, United Kingdom
“excellent stay”
Reviewed 1 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

i booked this apartment for my elderly parents while ,we stayed close by.tony the landlord meet us outside casement sq as we got lost,which to his credit was superb.the apartment has everything you need for a stay in gib.after our stay we have now booked to use the flat ourselves in september as it meets all our requirements for us as my wife is in a wheelchair. if you need accomadation in gib this is it.......

Travelling group: Extended Family
30 May 2015
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review!I would love to welcome you back when you return to Gibraltar! My very best of wishes to you all - Tony
Mrs-H2007
UK
“Brilliant Base”
Reviewed 23 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

This is a gem of an apartment, close to everywhere and a good size with everything you would need for a short stay. Unfortunately the weather was dreadful (unlucky for some) so we never tried the pool but it looked great...even in the rain. The owner Tony, is a fab guy and very welcoming. Would recommend.

30 May 2015
Thank you so much for your kind review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay in the apartment and it was a great pleasure to meet you both. You are more than welcome to stay anytime you are in Gibraltar. My very best of wishes to you both - Tony
susie53
brighton
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 9 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Outside of building and corridors need some updating but don't be put off! The apartment is wonderful. Clean, perfect location, fresh towels provided, necessities provided eg tea coffee milk water. All kitchen equipment including washing machine in apartment. Couldn't ask for more if you tried.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
30 May 2015
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review, and thank you for choosing to stay at my apartment. I would love to welcome you back if and when you return to Gibraltar! My very best of wishes to you both - Tony
Jacqui K
Ely, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment in a great location”
Reviewed 22 February 2015 for a stay in November 2014

Communication with Tony, the owner, was excellent before we arrived. The apartment was clean and had everything a couple needed for a week's break in Gibraltar. Tony had thought to leave us milk etc for when we arrived and we really appreciated this. He also told us about places to visit and we felt he would always be on hand in case of any problems. There were none and we only saw Tony once more, on the day we were leaving. The location of the apartment was ideal for main part of town, which was just around the corner, and it was only a short walk to Morrison's for provisions. Our only criticism about the apartment was the blind in the bedroom, which let in the early morning light, but I believe Tony said this was being replaced. The building the apartment is in, Ocean Heights, needs refurbishment but this would not stop us from booking the apartment again if we visited Gibraltar.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location of the property.
Liked least: The exterior/interior of the apartment block.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
9 Mar 2015
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing