All reviewsswimming pool and jacuzziworking monasteryfranciscan monksold townbeautiful hotelconverted monasteryup to datestone wallsbreakfast buffetthe main squarethe location is perfectrooms are largewould highly recommend this hotellong walkcamino walkcathedralcentre
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Great 18 century building with a convent,close to historic square where pilgrims(walkers) descend, but yet far enough to be away from large crowds.
Each evening there is a blessing in the convent for pilgrims/walkers who have endured St. James' Way (The Camino).
Rooms big and comfortable.
Staff pleasant and always willing to assist.
An enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank IvanaCMel
Reviewed 5 September 2017

From the moment we arrived to the time we left we were happy with our stay. We were upgraded to a suite that helped Kickstarter the experience but even beyond that the area is magical. The city itself has so much to see and museums to enjoy. Visit the Cathedral during a Mass and feel the energy and listen to the beautiful singing. Go to the Galician museum, visit the Cathedral museum, and just walk about town.

Room Tip: We were in a suite 501 and loved it.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2017

This is the third time I visit the hotel and never disappoints me and my wife. Great building, great environment, nice service, great breakfast. Location is perfect. It is a combination of classic and modern hotel that allow the customers to really disconnnect. I honestly like this hotel and for sure I will return in my next visit to Santiago. Highly recommendable.

Room Tip: Incredible building, nice employees
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Fabulously preserved and maintained hotel....in the heart of Santiago de Compestela....a stroll from the main tourist areas but far enough away to be tranquil....lovely property...would recommend...history of the property has been superbly maintained....rooms are gorgeously laid out...every effort made to provide you with a comfortable and unforgettable stay

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We were after finishing the Camino and as we arrived we were first met by a man named Lois. He was welcoming and so helpful. I imagine him to be one of these people who should help train others in the hospitality industry such are his skills. Our room was so comfortable. Lots of space. The hotel is built in what was a convent. They have managed to keep the old essence of the convent whilst providing all mod cons. There are a number of places to eat with great food and staff all so kind. There is also a lovely pool and Jacuzzi with beautiful views. It's an oasis from the hustle and bustle of life. On our final day we had to book taxis and organise ourselves. Both Lois and his colleague Jonay were so helpful. I wish to compliment them both. This was such an enjoyable stay and all within a 3 minute walk to the centre of Santiago de Compostaela. I highly recommend it and commend the staff on a job well done!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends