See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is old and old fashioned. I rate it 1 only for the location. The rest is forgettable. The rooms look old, with low lights, felt sticky with no ventilation. Didn't look very clean. From the staff, only a young man was nice and helpfull, the rest was not. No elevators in the place and nobody will help you with your luggage. Breakfast wasn't great either although coffee was good. The breakfast room was loud and a bit uncomfortable because it was the walking hall to the rooms.
I would definitely not recommend this place.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2018

A quaint and comfortable hotel, with very friendly staff. The unexpected arrival of coffee and cake delivered to our rooms on arrival was more than welcome following a long journey. Our rooms overlooked the Cathedral and the view was amazing at night. Centrally located within 5/10 minutes walking distance to the Cathedral, bars and restaurants. I would stay here again when I return to Santiago and the Camino

Room Tip: Rooms with views of the Cathedral are limited book early
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
PazosAlba, Recepción at Hotel Pazos Alba, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words :-)

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Hotel Pazos Alba is beautifully located, with back-facing rooms enjoying a Cathedral view. I could hear the singing from midnight mass across the garden! It was a little tricky to reach when we arrived because there is no parking in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. (We drove. This would not be an issue for those who walk!) However, Hector, at the front desk, quickly and effectively provided instructions to two parking garages. We chose the more expensive one (15 euros for 24 hours), a short walk (don't pack heavy bags for this) from the hotel. There is no hotel elevator so we were grateful to be on the first floor. The room was lovely, simply yet thoroughly appointed. A panoramic window overlooked the garden and faced the back of the cathedral. We also had a sky window that opened to take advantage of cool night air (no hotel AC so be mindful in hot weather). The bathtub was full size with plenty of hot water to luxuriate after a tiring day. The hotel decor is very much in keeping with the time period of the old city with real wood and stone and some stained glass features. Everything was spotless. Breakfast was simple but good quality. We interacted with three staff members, each of whom was friendly and helpful. We took advantage of a "loaner" umbrella during a rain shower. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Resaurante San Clemente, on the advice of one of the staff members. At the end of our stay, Hector gave excellent and much-needed directions to get to the airport through the early morning darkness and fog. We recommend this hotel and plan to stay again should our travels bring us back to Santiago de Compostela.

Room Tip: Room away from the street, facing Cathedral, both for quiet and view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lily D
Reviewed 26 October 2016

We stayed at this hotel for three nights as a group of family and friends after having completed the Camino de Santiago. My room was large, clean and very comfortable with an en suite bathroom with a bath. There was a safe in the wardrobe, which was convenient for storing my passport and British money when we went out. The staff were very pleasant, helpful and friendly and did everything they could to make us feel welcome. There is no restaurant in the hotel but there are very many in the centre of Santiago which is not far away. I recommend asking for a room at the back of the hotel where it is quiet and there are magnificent views of the Cathedral.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2016

I booked this little lovely hotel for my 6 friends that did the French Way in bike. I thought they would deserve something special after 12 days and more of 800km of biking. And I'm very happy to say that my choice was perfect! This hotel lays in the center of Santiago with a nice view over the park and the Cathedral (all 32 rooms!). Very polite and kind staff, very clean room & bathroom (lot's of space!). I do recommend!

Room Tip: All of them have a nice view, are big and very clean!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends