All reviews avenida sofia sky bar rooftop pool bathroom area modern hotel rain shower small pool little things junior suite top floor the wi fi sun loungers amazing hotel couple of nights loved this hotel booked this hotel sea view
Reviewed 9 January 2017

Great location (30 second walk down the road and you're on the beachfront). Really nice and clean, very modern, with big spacious rooms, huge bathrooms with a fab walk-in wet room shower and massive bathtub. Beds are also very comfy and loads of room in the wardrobes. We stayed in a junior suite with a sea view - loved it! The hotel also has a lovely bar downstairs which services amazing sangria - make sure you have one here before heading out for the day! Free wifi also, which was very fast. It has a rooftop pool and bar with stunning views across the town, but this is only open during the summer months.

Room Tip: Choose a junior suite - worth it!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Dir_AvSofia, Director General at Hotel MIM Sitges, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

Dear Jessica W,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback and for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor.

It is such a pleasure for us to know you have enjoyed your stay with us to the fullest and I am always pleased to hear that our guests were impressed with the service as well as the quality of the hotel facilities. I am delighted to pass this on to all colleagues, as we all strive to make our guests’ stay as special as yours.

We are looking forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Just one night here and got a 50% off deal through verychichotels.com. Just half a lick from the beach. Modern hotel with very friendly staff. Only weird thing about it - but it wasn't the only place like this we found in Spain! - was that you could see from the bathroom into the bedroom and visa versa!! Strange! Also, there was a blue 'night-light' shining under my bedside table that I couldn't switch off! Had to throw pillows on it to darken the room. We had dinner in the hotel as we were tired and didn't want to go back out into the cold, and it was excellent! Some sort of fusion noodle/vegetable dish! Extremely tasty! There's a spa and pool, but the latter closed at 8 and opened the next mornings at 11, so we couldn't use it, unfortunate!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear ateach52,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your visit at Avenida Sofia Hotel & SPA. While I appreciate your very positive comments on the hotel, I’m sorry to read that you have found little privacy on the desing of our bathroom. I have well noted your remarks and I will share and discuss them with the team.

My apologies again and I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back with us soon.

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

Positives:

I arrived unwell, the reception sent me to the local clinic and even offered to take me. Returned to the hotel and I had to lie flat in bed for 5 days, they extended our stay for even a cheaper rate than booking.com and offered me the thermal baths for free, the heated beds are a god send. All the staff brought up food for me from dinner and helped my wife. The spa was amazing, quiet, and Siri was a fantastic masseuse. Arnau at reception was so helpful. We were upgraded due to poor wifi in our room as I had nothing to do but watch movies. The rooms are amazing.

Negatives:

1. The winter menu was limited and so is room service.

Overall, perfect, I left a present for all the staff and I hope they enjoy it. They made us feel at home and when your unwell you need that. Thanks so much.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Dir_AvSofia, Director General at Hotel MIM Sitges, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2016

Dear Superally2007,

What a review reflecting the summary of our NDA. Therefore on behalf of the entire team we are proud to read such amazing feedback! I am very glad to read your experience -despite you feel unwell- was good and the team were able to give you a very personalize service.

Thanks for sharing and wishing to welcome you back soon at Avenida Sofia Hotel & SPA!

Wishing you all the best in these Christmas season!

Reviewed 22 December 2016

I stayed there for a couple of nights for a friend's wedding. the hotel is centrally located, near the beach of Sitges. the rooms are spacious and bedding is comfortable. Molton Brown amenities are a nice touch. small disappointment: the roof top bar does not serve food but the ground floor restaurant has good food.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Dear MaudTA,

Thanks for this kind review! Your description of our location is perfect as we are at the heart of the city. About food on the rooftop, it is served only during the summer time for lunch and dinner.
We look forward to your next stay with us!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Positives:
The hotel is quite modern, boutique style. Located close to the city center and it also offers good parking. The bar is ok.
Deltas:
They have some kind of blue led lights in the room which you cannot turn off by any of the light switches. Even at night the aluminate your room in an annoying blue light. After calling reception you find out that you need to crawl underneath the desk to find some kind of hidden switch.
The TV remote didn't work either. The only way to turn off the tv was to pull the plug.
The breakfast room is way to small and hence crowded. Selection isn't great and there is no staff around for service - so no coffee. Some days you don't even find a table which isn't full of used plates or other left overs.

Stayed: November 2016
Dir_AvSofia, Director General at Hotel MIM Sitges, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2016

Dear Martin B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your visit at Avenida Sofia Hotel & SPA.

It saddens me to hear that some elements of your experience were not to the standard we pride ourselves on. Rest assured that each point mentioned on your comment will be duly reviewed with the different heads of department.

On a different note, we are delighted to read that you have appreciated the Hotel's style and the location.