See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

I'm not negative for the sake of it and I am writing this for travellers to make up their own mind and also hoping management will read this and would consider some recommendations.

Firstly with the pros:

1: Newly decorated interior designed nicely to a good spec.

2: Good location. Far enough not to hear Sitges centre at night yet only a 15 minute walk to the town and closer still to the beach.

3. Good wifi signal. Although it only states it operates in public areas I was able to get a fair reception in the apartment itself.

4. Clean and well maintained pool and surrounding area outside.

5. Despite other reviewers negative comments about having to pick up the keys from the main hotel, this was easy enough to do and was only a 15 minute walk (or 5 minutes in the taxi which is what we did) This isn't so much a 'pro' but balancing out that we did not see this as being an issue.

Cons:

1. Main hotel staff member we were met with was rude upon arrival and we were made to feel like we were a nuisance just for paying and collecting our key. It was borderline Fawlty Towers and although I found the arrogance quite amusing because it was THAT bad, I'm not sure everyone would find the Basil Fawlty approach to customer service quite as amusing.

2. What the website and bookings.com fail to mention is that you are sharing the swimming pool with two other apartments next door owned by the same company. This obviously meant the swimming pool area was packed. I counted 6 Sun loungers when I was there so the majority of the guests using the pool area used towels on the grass area.

3: Cleaning. We stayed for 9 nights and the only time the cleaner came was once in which she or he only changed the bed lining. They didn't actually clean the apartment for the whole time we were there. They did not empty the bins once; although I think this may have been an error as when I packed up 7 days of rubbish and gave this to the cleaner she appeared surprised it hadn't been done that day. Having said that she didn't offer to take the rubbish and told me I should throw it in a large dumpster outside.

4: As a previous reviewer correctly stated they don't put new toilet roll in so if you do stay here go to a supermarket and stock up; because 4 rolls of toilet roll is all they provide.

5: No AC (Air Conditioning) I understand that AC is expensive and the reason for not including it may be to keep the price down. However; many budget apartments and hotels offer this at an additional charge which we would definitely have paid for. It was so hot when we went in June and the weather outside was over 26d. I'm surprised that they did not install AC when they carried out the redesign in the rooms.

6: Cleaning staff: They were very unhelpful; although to be fair to them I can imagine them getting a lot of complaints about the way the service is run by management which are based at the main hotel; so I can only presume they are on the receiving end of grievances that are out of their control. They all appear demotivated which again is a management issue.

The main reasons we wouldn't return here is firstly that the apartments has no AC. It may be ok when it's not too hot; but I wouldn't take that risk again. Even if they had fans; desk or ceiling this would make a huge difference. Secondly the lack of/no cleaning for a 9 night stay is unacceptable.

If they installed AC and had the apartments fully cleaned every 4/5 days as a minimum then I would consider returning.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank David T
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

This holiday was booked by my friend & looking at the reviews about the collecting the keys & towel situation i can confirm are true. Had i seen the reviews i wouldn't have booked this apartment. Its a far walking distances from bars, restaurants & shops. Its over priced cconsidering wat they provide & location. You could find cheeper & better b&b in the centre.
The only positives i can say its near the beach, the apartment was reasonable clean but basic, good security & the resort is keep tidy.

I wouldn't stay here again its not for me.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Where do I begin? If you can't manage stairs, don't travel very light, the stairs will present problems after you've walked 1 mile to collect your keys from another hotel! Inside basic is truly appropriate for this apartment. On arrival the sink was dirty, the bathroom does not have a shower, you'd be better with the rubber push on tap job, 1 toilet roll for the week, towels for 2 people stained so you'll share with others in your party. I wouldn't recommend staying here, if you want a blast of how it was to live in the 1970's with the kitchen bathroom furnishings then go for it. Blankets on beds look like they need binning, the walls are incredibly thin as if you're in the same room, ok to suffer for one night although I was contemplating on sleeping in car! I wouldn't recommend children to stay unless on ground floor, the balcony is not secure enough. If you're booking during summer these apartments would be a nightmare with flies noise and lack of air conditioning. Not a good place, so bad vacated so early couldn't wait for sun to rise!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Let us start with the positives. I had a great room with a sea view which was large and had a super balcony ( room 210 ) but there is little else to commend these apartments. Worst of all is having to go right to the end of Sitges to a hotel to pick up the keys which for me was an hours walk in blistering heat, and then the 40 minute walk back to the apartments. They are in the middle of nowhere, the walls badly needed re-painting, the kitchen was inadequate and the beds slender. Loved the ( very restricted ) sea view, but not much else, I thought the service both at the booking stage and both picking up and dropping off the keys was disgusting. There was this offer of a free bicycle, but it was only available between 11.00 and 15.00 every day, and you could not keep the bike overnight. Totally useless. Lastly, this apartment was grossly overpriced. I was only there 4 nights, but paid over 100 euros a night for it. Never again.

Room Tip: Do not book this place
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Noel H
Reviewed 16 October 2016

My parents went to Sitges in the 1970s and I could imagine them staying here, not much has changed. The apartments are in a good location, five minutes from the beach. While they may be dated, the beds were comfortable, we could make breakfast and the terrace was sunny and spacious.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends