“We left...”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I walked into this restaurant attracted by the menu and the setting. I was with 4 children (aged between 8 and 11yrs) and although it was peak lunchtime there were no other customers (yes I know! Warning bells should have rung!) We were only offered the set menu; there was no a la carte. As we've done in several other restaurants around Girona in the past week I was going to order 2 meals and share between (2 of my children have very small appetites). I probably would have ordered additional coffee and possibly more desserts. However we were informed that every person had to order the set menu. Even the children! Even though it included wine! Even though there was NO ONE ELSE IN THE RESTAURANT!! Completely bizarre.... needless to say we left! (By this time there was one table of 4 people so I'm guessing they were too busy now!) Not impressed.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

When you next time in Girona drop by here for lunch. Menu is tasty and various, wine is just perfect and service very good. Even though they don't speak English they do their best and you come out happy

Reviewed 26 October 2016

By the wide swing of opinion expressed about this establishment, one might wonder what the real situation is. Might it depend on the chef's mood on the day?!

A friend and I had just visited the cathedral and came across Calderers by accident. The menu of the day at 11 Euros seemed very reasonable and thus it proved to be. We decided on different dishes so we could share the variety. The cheery waitress arrived with a full bottle of tempranillo and another with mineral water, plus crusty rolls. I ordered a green salad, my friend chose stewed beans and Catalan black sausage with bacon. Both were very flavoursome.

For mains, my friend selected baked cod with black olives and I had my favourite, hake, with white wine sauce. Again, both dishes were well prepared and a delight to share.

Desserts were a Baileys creamy mousse and a biscuit with a liqueur. Not good for the waistline but a sweet end to a delightful lunch. We paid extra for coffee. I decided to keep a copy of the menu as a souvenir, so forgive any translation mistakes.

I can only say that my lunch experience in this restaurant was one of the best I had in my three weeks' visit to Spain.

Thank Dr Rodger Winfi... H
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

.......we ate off the set menu which was 18€ each for a three course, delicious, meal including a bottle of wine and water.
Can't rate it highly enough. I had the veal cheek and it was amazing!

Reviewed 29 September 2016

The food is tasteless, the dessert can not eat, relative price regarding food is expensive,not recommended.