See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I spent here three nights and I paid about 90 €. Residencia san Marius is not very well connected to the city center but it's more or less clean and quite cheap. It' recommended for young people.
Close to the Residencia there is a bakery/pastry where I bought the best donuts i've ever eaten in Europe.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This hostel was booked because we were last minute and we were looking for something under 50$ per night but there wasn't a lot of choices. We arrived by night after looking for the place a long time because the indication on the site were really basic ( Take the metro until "Hospital Clinic Stop" and go toward Diagonal, after you will see the street". Then we checked-in on a piece of paper with a lady who was not in charge of the hostel. She did not give us any information ( Showers, wi-fi, attractions, etc)
We were a couple but were given 2 simple bed because there is no double bed as mentionned on the site, we did not receive towels to shower either. We wasnted to wash but almost no water coming out. Then, we went to sleep and realise the hostel is just beside a bar so a LOT of noises until 3 am, just like if we were in the bar!
Really not a good place for people who are travelling in couple and wasnt to relax. We never saw any employee for the rest of our stay and had to look for toilet paper ourselves since it was missing for an nentire day.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank smile4you30
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We booked a stay for 3 nights at this hostel on April 2013. After arriving we were told it's fully booked and they have to send us to another location a few kilometers away - although we had a confirmed booking done a few days before! Person manning the desk couldn't speak a word in English, and this was translated to us with a help of another guest - who also mentioned stuff like this happens all the time. They blamed it on "technical problems with email"! At another location (much farther from the city center) nobody could speak an English word either. Double room was spacious, but not clean, shared showers were really small. AVOID this cheating place and go someplace else.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tadasm
Reviewed 19 February 2011

The year I realized I have to go to MWC very late. So all hotels in the price range recommended by my employer were full. I could only find something above 500 euro per night or below 50 euro per night.

I've chosen this hotel from the later, paying attention to location and quality. I've paid 210 euros for the stay, while most of my colleagues were paying more for a single night. I had to pay in advance in cache though.

Location is good - it took me 20 minutes to walk to MWC venue when I wanted to have a walk, and taxi there was around 5 euros. Despite of it's place is called "student residence", it was not noisy, I slept well all 6 nights. May be I was just too tired to notice the noise after meetings and booth duty on MWC.

I would not say it was a bad experience. Staff did not speak English but using international words, gestures and smiles it was possible to communicate. It was tricky to get in to check in but I managed. Everything was clean enough. There was free wifi in my room, and there was a fridge. Having a fridge was handy because on Sunday and Monday I was too tired to go out for dinner and just bought some food in a nearby supermarket.

If you are limited in money or if there is no where else to go like in my case with this MWC, I would certainly recommend this place to stay. It is very basic, but price is cheap too.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank izardak
Reviewed 24 July 2010

i am writing this at the residencia as i speak. my arrival experience was so poor that i thought i would write this as soon as possible so that they either sort out the reservations system and advertise truthfully or someone considering booking has second thoughts and doesnt.

i booked for a sister tostel and ended up here. i only found out that i had been moved as i emailed and asked for details of where the nearest metro station was and if there was a night bus that passed nearby as i was arriving quite late.

i could have very easily arrived and gone to the residence where i was booked up and had to take a taxi to here.

i am travelling with a one year old - as the hostel was advised on booking. i regularly travel with her so it is not normally a problem. it could however have been even worse last night if i had had to bundle her into a taxi or try to walk to the residence with all my luggage and her stroller.

there is only a microwave to heat up food and no sink in the canteen area and NO COOKING FACILITIES.

there is a fridge in the room.

the bedroom had NO TV as they had advertised.

i booked a double room for single person use (kids go free anyway)
and ended up with a single bed for myself and my little girl to share.

you have to pay on arrival and i had expected to pay by card - but the machine wasnt working so i couldnt.

not very happpy - if i had booked this residencia it might have been okay as i am quiteused to "roughing it" - but i didnt - the hostel i booked looked lovely online and offered lots of facilities.

this one doesnt and there is also only one computer (which i am on at 7am to ensure i get a spot) so i can email booking . com and complain!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family