“Very well placed hotel with helpful staff.”

Hotel Murmuri Barcelona
Ranked #52 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We only had three days at the hotel and wished we could stay longer. Lovely balcony, enormous bed and huge bathroom. Room service was good and fast. Chocolates left on bed for the night. Cannot wait until our next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony gives a feeling of spaciousness.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alexandra E
mariacontreras, Gerente at Hotel Murmuri Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear guest,

First of all, we really appreciate the fact that you want to share your opinion with the rest of TA users. On behalf of the entire staff at the Murmuri, we thank you for your feedback , our main goal is to provide our guests an unforgettable stay in Barcelona. We will be very pleased to welcome you back soon!

Warmly,

Maria Contreras
Hotel Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hotel Murmuri Barcelona

Reviewed 14 February 2012

I love this hotel and the staff! I came to Barcelona for three weeks for a cutting-edge spine surgery at the nearby Chiari Institut de Barcelona and had planned to only stay at the Murmuri for three days until I could find an apartment. However, after seeing how comfortable the hotel is and centrally located, as well as how safe it felt, I knew I wanted to stay longer. Plus, the staff was amazing! As I healed from my surgery, I was able to travel a little and went to Montserrat for a couple of days to stay at the monastery hotel. The Murmuri hotel staff didn't even blink. They took my heavy luggage and stored it for me until I returned. As I continued to add days here to my stay, going back and forth, they constantly gave me great rates, instead of jacking them up to the current daily rates. I am still here right now as I write this. I am looking to take another trip away this weekend for a few days and still can't lug large suitcases around. I know without a doubt they will hold my big bags until I return for my last few days here. What a relief to know that I am taken care of and can trust that all is well!

Room Tip: I paid a little more and asked for a room on the front so that I would have a nice window looking ou...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank TerriAmosBritt
mariacontreras, Gerente at Hotel Murmuri Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Dear Ms and Mr. Britt,

First of all, we want to thank you for having selected our Boutique Hotel Murmuri for your stays in Barcelona. On behalf of all the Murmuri staff really appreciate your feedback, it’s very important for us to hear our guests and make them feel like home, for them we have the best trained staff in all our departments but all with a common goal: to achieve the entire satisfaction of all our guests. Thank you again for your comments!

We will be pleased to welcome you again in Barcelona.

Kindest regards,

The manager

Reviewed 7 February 2012

The service was excellent, especially Francesco who was a great help to us and was most gracious.
The hotel is beautiful, clean, safe feeling and in a fantastic location. We will stay there again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank SLMKC

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback with the rest of Tripadvisor users. It is very important for us that our guests leave their comments so we can continue improving and moving forward every day.
At Murmuri we look forward to welcome you back while your next visit to Barcelona.

Warmly,

Maria Contreras

Reviewed 20 January 2012

We stayed at the Murmuri hotel during January for an extended weekend visit to Barcelona.

The hotel is located along Rambla Catalunya, ideally positioned to be central to shopping, cultural sites and right alongside a metro stop.

The interior of the hotel and rooms is urban, modern and chic. Each room was spacious, airconditioned fitted with a gorgeous bathroom, which included a huge shower. Attention to detail in every bit of the decor made the room feel luxurious as well as comfortable. 4 different light settings, and daily chocolates on the pillow were a lovely extra touch.

The front desk staff were very friendly and knowledgable, special mention of Francesco, who helped guide us around this beautiful city, always happily providing recommendations, maps and restaurant recommendations.
Its worth noting that on some of the tourist sites requiring tickets, Murmuri were offering them at less than you would pay at the 'door' of the attraction.

The only negative, if I try hard to think of one, is the paid-for wifi - but the reception practically gave us unlimited 1 hour access vouchers whenever we asked.

All in all a superb hotel, and we will be back - hopefully next time in summer.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ocirion
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I stayed here with colleagues for about four days, and shared a room with one of them. The room was a regular double room, I think, and absolutely gorgeous! And it had the most closet space I have ever encountered in a regular double room. I was very impressed, haha.
The room was quiet during the night since it was facing the inner yard, and the beds felt very nice. The different lighting options of the room also was a nice touch.

A cute corner balcony came with the room, and bathroom very cool. BUT the shower, being a bit hard to clean properly, had some mold between the tiles. Too bad, bc it brought down the look and feeling of an otherwise great bathroom.

Also, the lobby bar is really nice. Needless to say, the location is great and close to "everything".
All in all, I would love to stay there again, as long as I get a fresh bathroom. :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business