“Wonderful Dinner in Barcelona”
Review of Restaurant Sedna

Restaurant Sedna
Reserve with
Restaurant Sedna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,451 of 11,121 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barrio Gòtico (Barri Gòtic)
Description: The Restaurante Sedna is located since 2005 in the ground floor of a building with a century XIII structure catalogued by UNESCO as Gotic Catalan art heritage, in front of Port Vell (Old Port) in the oldest part of the Barcelona sea façade and sorrounded of monuments and historical buildings as the Colon's Monument (1888), th Church of La Merced (XII centure), the Duke of Medinaceli Place (1851), the Militar Government (1847), the Post Office Building (1927), the Via Layetana Street, the Palau Place among others. A tradition point out that where is the Restaurante Sedna today, is where Don Miguel de Cervantes author of the novel Don Quijote de la Mancha went to write when he lived in Paseo Colon, 2 during his stage in Barcelona. All the dishes on the menu are prepared with fresh products typical of the season. Both fish, meat, vegetables and vegetables are acquired every day and are treated with respect, transparency and simplicity. The secret of the success of the kitchen of the restaurant Sedna is a careful treatment of products and ingredients as well as their combinations and firing processes. Of market modern cuisine with traditional, tasty and recognizable elements that feel like eating again. As culmination of the meal you can choose from a varied range of desserts of classic but creative development and presentation. The place has a capacity of 45 persons inside and 36 persons in the terrace.
Reviewed 17 September 2018

I have terrible food allergies and struggle when traveling to be sure that I am eating "safely." I am also a gluten-free vegetarian (pescatarian) which creates an even bigger challenge! We found the staff at the Sedna to be incredibly responsive. I gave them a written list of my allergies and the staff was very helpful in figuring out what I could eat. The food was delicious! I chose the salmon with grilled vegetables, which was perfectly cooked, and my husband chose the Paella. The ambiance of the restaurant is charming, with beautiful stone walls reminiscent of the Gothic Quarter. We also found the prices less than they are in America is similar types of restaurants. We returned a second evening, when I chose the vegetable Paella (suitable for Vegans) which was delicious. Americans, please note that Spain is not a tipping culture. We of course tipped but its not to the same level that is expected back home.

1  Thank Kathleen B

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Myself and 2 friends were on a 5 day trip to Barcelona and happened to find Sedna when we were really hungry around 9pm as we were walking around the marina. The menu was simple but clear and everything sounded delicious.

We were spoilt for choice but eventually my friends both chose paella and I had the gazpacho to start, followed by the tuna tataki. My soup arrived swiftly and what’s more, it was absolutely delicious. So fresh-tasting and well seasoned ! A perfect starter. I only wish I had taken a picture of it before I devoured it as it looked as amazing as it tasted.

The tuna was beautiful, seared so it still raw (as it should be) and melted in the mouth.

I genuinely think this is some of the highest quality food I’ve eaten at a restaurant in a long time. If that wasn’t a good enough reason to return, the waiters were so incredibly friendly and accommodating. Not overbearing at all and were happy to answer any questions we had. Would highly recommend!!

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

After spending 10 nights on a Disney Cruise, looking forward to a land based meal but nervous if it could compete. Sedna did not disappoint. Scallop and Parmesan appetizers was amazing, Mixed Paella was a culinary adventure that we are glad we took part in. Highly recommend Sedna.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

This is a tourist trap. Sidewalk waiter essentially insisted we come in to sit. Special of the day board listed items, but were discouraged from ordering them. Ambiance was poor- street noise overbearing. Children ordered pasta with butter- we were charged equal to pasta dish that had salmon on it! Children’s sodas were 4.5euros each! When I inquired on excessive bill, I was returned 20euros as compensation. Thoroughly disappointed.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

We dined in this fairly small restaurant on Boxing Day in the early evening. We sat inside where the decor and ambience is classy and refined. What about the food/wine? Well the food and wine we had all tasted utterly divine and was all beautifully cooked and presented. The service was excellent too. So what did we eat/drink? First we ordered a bottle of chilled Catalonian dry white from their wine list, and nibbled through a basket of their fresh bread (which consists of a fresh crispy baguette carefully cut into small refined pieces) drizzled with the virgin olive oil provided. For the main course we had Catalonian casseroled chicken pieces (the waiter’s recommendation) accompanied separately by a plate of freshly grilled vegetables and a plate of French fries. For desert we chose their caramalised apple flan and a baked apple slice dish - both dishes were topped with just the right amount of ice cream. Espresso coffees completed the feast! When we are next in Barcelona, we’ll certainly be back to eat here. What did it cost? About €50 per head including the wine and coffee and was worth every euro!