“Best Dinner in Barcelona” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Con Gracia

Con Gracia
Reserve with
Con Gracia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 9,140 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$ 69 - US$ 69
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Spanish, International, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Gracia
Description: At Con Gracia, chef Jordi Delfa offers his diners three carefully selected tasting menus using Mediterranean ingredients with subtle Asian influences. The Traditional menu offers a selection of five well executed dishes, while the Surprise menu, also consisting of five dishes, is designed to reveal the typical flavours of Con Gracia. The third menu (Expresion) aims to totally seduce diners with the sumptuous pleasures of Con Gracia's cuisine. The restaurant changes its menus every 2-3 months.
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Dinner in Barcelona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Can not be denied, this is one of the if not the best restaurant in Barcelona. Lets begin with the setting, a small, romantic, friendly atmosphere that captures the quiet narrow street that the restaurants located at. Greeted by wonderful staff, as if welcoming you into their home. You are allowed to select your own dishes but I recommend following the surprise menu, a 7 dish adventure that will not go wrong. The food..I can't even begin to describe..and as it is a surprise, I will not spoil it here..trust me..go for the surprise. Did I mention that each dish is accompanied by a glass of wine that perfectly compliments both taste and texture. And lastly..the Desert..like nothing I have ever experienced..just be sure to follow the directions precisely..yes, there are directions. Enjoy

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Sham S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“An amazing meal from start to finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

We were said and led by TripAdvisor on this one and were so glad we did. It was one of the best meals we have ever had. The restaurant offered two tasting menus the night we were there and we went for the traditional one. It was so good and the service exceptional. They really made us feel special giving a personal story on each dish they served. The wine was also fantastic. Still dreaming about it!

Visited June 2012
Mountsorrel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The most amazing food experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

We visited Barcelona in May for our anniversary and decided to book Con Gracia following the fantastic reviews on TripAdvisor, we were not disappointed. We decided to choose the surprise menu paired with the wine recommended by the sommelier. My husband and I have experienced mitchelin standard eating at various restaurants and the service, food and wine competes exceptionally well. On arrival we received a warm welcome and on selecting the surprise menu were asked by the waiter to advise of any ingredients we did not like so the chef could adapt the menu accordingly. With each course that arrived we were introduced to some of the best wines we have ever tasted, each carefully selected to compliment the course. This restaurant does not disappoint and the staff cannot do enough to ensure you have the most pleasurable experience.

Our meal including drinks and tip came to around 230 euros which was worth every penny given no expense was spared on our special night out.

I would highly recommend Con Gracia and we will definitely return next time we visit Barcelona and have also recommended to all our friends. Thank you Con Gracia for a truly memorable experience.

Michelle

• Visited May 2012
“Well Deserved Reputation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

When I asked the concierge at the Hotel Arts Barcelona about the restaurant Con Garcia and she gave me a "deer in the headlights" look, I was worried about the restaurant choice of my colleague for the business dinner. Upon arrival, I was sure I was in the wrong place as the restaurant was so small on an out of the way side street, I again bristled at accepting a late evening dinner at such a non-descript place. But 2 minutes after walking inside, having noted the Trip Advisor logo on the door, the host (who I later found to be one of the owners) put me at ease and the gastronomic adventure began. All of the other reviews you have read about this restaurant on Trip Advisor are true. This small "out of the way" place was amazing. I can say this was one of the top 3 dining experiences I have ever had that was all about the food, tastes and the senses. I have eaten at more stunning venues such as Restaurant Ducasse in Paris and Gordan Ramsey's Restaurant at Claridges in London but the food, presentations and service here at Con Garcia in Barcelona were no less amazing. This number one Trip Advisor rating is indeed well deserved. I hope the concierge staff at the Hotel Arts adds Con Gracia to their recommendations list. Thanks to my colleague for convincing me to join the group for such a memorable dining experience.

3 Thank Kim S
Geneva, Switzerland
“Interesting flavors coupled with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

Was very skeptical coming in for dinner....has seen the restaurant rated no 1 on Tripadvisors for almost 2 years now. So naturally I thought we would be disappointed.....however the only negative things I can come up with is that the taxi driver took his time getting us there.

Food is very good. Ingredients are of a very high quality and dishes come with an asian flavor i.e. Japanese touch. This went down really well with us as we had been eating out every day in good restaurants for the past week so it was refreshing to get fusion cuisine.

Food is both classical and imaginative at the same time. by this I mean you will get a 'good quality fish dish' but the twist will come from the sauce accompanying it which will completely change the whole dish and make it that much better.

I am surprised the restaurant does not have one michelin star as it certainly deserves one.

We ordered the surprise menu ....and what is extraordinary is that it will differ from the table next to you even though the guests may have ordered the same surprise menu.

I won't describe the dishes as other people have already done this and also it takes away the surprise. Suffice it to say that the cuisine is very imaginative and well executed. Taste buds are challenged in a good way.

Ambiance is probably one of the best we have encountered in Barcelona. The restaurant is full...which is always a good sign.

Not sure I could rank this as the best restaurant in Barcelona as the city hosts such great places but it certainly ranks high and we already plan to visit it on our next trip to barcelona.

I will just say that the service we had probably ranks the best in Barcelona....the two 'entertainers/ waiters were both knowledgeable , passionate and friendly. They both go the extra mile to make the experience enjoyable . Overall a great evening and highly recommend it to other people.

And the 2nd best thing is that is very reasonably priced even for Barcelona which we find almost cheap compared to other European / US cities for high end food.

Look forward to coming again......

• Visited June 2012