I have travelled a fair bit not just in Europe but Australia, New Zealand, America and I can say with some certainty that Barcelona is my favourite city. We've been there a few times now and have already booked a trip for 2011. Each time we've flown into Girona Airport, hopped on the Bareclona Bus, arrived to the bus station and then caught the metro across the city. The hotel is a stones throw from the metro station so the journey couldn't be easier. Best of all you can pick up a Starbucks on the way! Last year we were lucky enough to get tickets to the Nou Camp and we asked at reception for advice on how to get there, the staff couldn't have been more helpful and told us exactly how to get there and back using public transport - it was easy.
The hotel is perfectly placed for touring Barcelona with a variety of places nearby for breakfast is if you don't want to eat in the hotel; the Bra Cafe on the way down to Playa de Catalunya was the place we ate most regularly because the coffee was good, the food was just simple and the cost was fair. There are 2 reasons for not giving this hotel 5 stars and in the grand scheme of things aren't that disastrous - the first is no tea and coffee making (I need tea the INSTANT I wake up in the morning as my day doesn't start well) and the beds are rock hard. Fair enough Starbucks is on the corner outside the hotel so I can get over the first problem but when staying for 6 nights, the bed is a bit of a problem. All in all, its the first hotel I'd look at booking when I'm in Barcelona.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunotel Central is a new hotel located in the city centre of Barcelona, just a short walk from Las Ramblas, making it a wonderful base in the heart of Barcelona. After a long day guests could enjoy a relax evening indoors at the Aquarella Music restaurant and take advantage of the seasonal swimming pool and jacuzzi. The Sunotel Central is also surrounded by restaurants, cinemas, theatres, museums and shops.The comtemporary hotel enjoys a superb location close to the Barcelona's well-known attractions such as Las Ramblas, Gothic quarter, Casa Batlló, La Pedrera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunotel Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunotel Central Barcelona
- Sunotel Central Hotel Barcelona