“Nice stay!”
Review of bcn Fashion House

bcn Fashion House
Ranked #53 of 307 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Our family of three stayed here for 4 nights. Room was comfortable and quiet. Bathroom was small. Good water pressure and plenty of hot water in shower but temperature was difficult to control. Good AC. Nice to have a refrigerator and a few utensils so we could eat a few simple meals without going out. WIFI was weak on the second floor where we were, but usable; able to go downstairs to "living room" for a better connection. Very convenient location, and friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Friendly staff welcome you to this homely B and B .
Clean, close to metro (downstairs 50 meters),nice little cafe on corner, walking distance to tourist information and old area of the city, try the Casa Calvet restaurant 5 mins walk . Taxi rank just outside the cafe.
Breakfast is extra but worth the 6 Euro. The shared bathroom and toilet not an issue.
Downside no tea or coffee making facilities even though there was a dispensing machine for coffee, Nestea not really tea.
Yes we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Book early, and request a room away from the bathroom.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I saw fashion house on the internet looked very impressive.
I booked for my husband and 12 year old son for april 2012.They asked for all 3 nights to be paid in advance which i thought was strange, i can understand one but not all!
We paid 2 nights upfront to the accomodation to secure the room.
I booked a triple room at 140 euro per night .Plus 6 euro per person per day for breakfast ie 158.00 euro per day.
When we arrrived the young receptionist showed us the room. 2 small areas joined toger, one with a small FRENCH BED -one and a half spaces.
The bed filled the room, it was not possible to put a normal double bed in the room, in the other part of the room was another french bed next to a fridge.
The room was very cold as it was located on the floors above reception in another apartment.
The receptionist informed me linen and towels we changed every 3 days, so preserve towels!!!
The television was hanging a few feet from the floor ie 3 feet.

We explained to the receptionist that it was not a room for 140 euro, nor the level shown in photos.and we wanted a refund and to leave.
We also explained we wanted full sized double beds.We were told that is how beds are in Spain- a complete lie!!!
We were told that they were not going to give a refund.
Finally the owner came down stairs as the receptionist called him andtold us we could leave with no refund of our 3 nights paid, as we have paid the 3rd night before going up to the room on arrival.
i told him i own a guesthouse and know that by law hwe should refund the last 2 nights as i had the right to cancel ahead.He told me it does not work like this in Spain.
I told him he was in europe and it does!!! I also asked him to call the police as they know the laws for tourism.They both refused. I also told him the licence of Fashion house only allows him to rent singes and double rooms as on the licence on the wall!!!
The owner started screaming at myself and husbandmy son was terrified. He told us to get of his house and onto the street.He then grabbed my husband who has heart problems and tried physically pulling him from his chair to the door.

I am shocked that an owner thinks he can get away with such behaviour- he told us he left Italy to get away from people like us!!!
well he is giving the Spanish a bad name. This is without doubt the most frightening experience i have had in 49 years!!!!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
13  Thank Caesars
Fashionhouse, Propietario at bcn Fashion House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

All the things written in this review are completely false and invented. They are written by a person that has been sent away from Fashion House because was (hysterically) screaming while the other people were resting at 11,00 p.m. We are sorry again with the other guests for this episode occurred and we will try to do our best so that something like this will not happen ever again.
It is not our policy to ask for the full payment before arrival. The reason why we had the full amount of their stay, was that the husband of the violent woman, whose credit card had been denied several times, insisted before his arrival to make a bank transfer of the full amount of their staying. However, when this (crazy) unpolite person was sent away a full refund was done in cash on the spot.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

My two teenage children and I stayed here for a week at the end of March. It was wonderful. I came from Abu Dhabi and they came from the U.S. We met for the week at this incredible guest house in the heart of the city. The staff were helpful and nice, breakfast was great. Very close to metro, bus and placa catalunya. We were even there for the riots on the 29th, and though the streets were in chaos the hotel was still peaceful and calm.

Room Tip: The three of us stayed in room 6. It had a large bed, big enough for 2 people and a single bed as w...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This a belated review since I actually stayed there in October of 2010, not 2011. I wanted someplace centrally located with good value and this was the place. I had a two bed room with a sink, which I appreciated. I paid a little extra for an enclosed balcony with a little wicker table and chair which was a lovely place in the morning to sit and have my tea and read my email. The bathroom was down the hall but I never had a problem waiting to take a shower. The street noise was manageable because I brought earplugs, but I actually found it interesting too. It's a city that never sleeps.
The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, giving me lots of information about how to best travel around the city. I am a very late riser and I know the cleaning staff was a bit inconvenienced by that but they never acted put out. I didn't avail myself of the breakfast service, but there was a mini-mart and ATM nearby with plenty of cafes in the vicinity.
I saw in another review that there was a gym in the building and I heard them now and then, but it didn't really disturb me that much. My one little quibble was that at the time, the linen room was close to the kitchen so the towels smelled a bit like breakfast! But that's really a small complaint.
This was a great location for me. It provided easy access to buses and was walking distance from Plaza Catalunya, where I could catch an express bus to the airport. Many other attractions I wanted to see were also within walking distance. If I'm able to get back to Barcelona, this is where I'll be staying.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo