“The big 50 continues in the true Hilton style” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona
Ranked #184 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Elgin, United Kingdom
“The big 50 continues in the true Hilton style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

Returning to one of our favourite Hiltons The Diagonal Mar. On check in all the club executive suites were occupied so we were allocated a lovely room on the 23 floor...non less than the guest bedroom of the Presidential suite ! An amazing view from this corner room across the city and the beach and even better from the huge jacuzzi bath.
Our usual suite became available and the hotel wanted us to move, I was reluctant to leave the amazing bathroom behind but our usual suite is also just as amazing and actually suited the occasion much better as we were to be entertaining guests in our lounge/dining room for my big 50. I have to say the hotel gets full markes again, our move was effortless on our behalf, all done by the staff and nothing done by ourselves.
The attention to detail at this hotel remains as high as ever, nothing is left to chance and the whole team are amazing ( especially Cristobel and Cecelia in the exec lounge ). Since I was celebrating my big 50 the management permitted me to entertain my guests on the exec terrace which has the most amazing views however on the night of my party I chose to order Cava and canapés to be delivered to our suite. This was duly done, and what a banquet was laid before us in our dining room...simply amazing. I signed the bill, our guests duly arrived and then the phone call from the Executive Lounge ..oh Mr Mitchell, big mistake, you should not have signed anything...happy 50th from the Hilton Diagonal Mar...such generosity, and also this amazing suite....think Ignacio (GM) has been up to his old tricks !! I had the best ever birthday big big thank you to all.
We were very lucky with the weather, and while we were there the hotel was about to open the outside area for the summer. Again top marks to this hotel, although not actually open the staff were great and organised a bottle of our favourite..just shows you how they look after their regulars...our seventh visit in just two years and already planning our eighth !
Unfortunately Ignacio is moving on and is leaving the Digonal Mar, off to Hilton Lyon, so we shall miss him so much as I am sure will his present team, however this hotel runs like clock work and will no doubt continue to do so. ( I will let you know after our eighth visit!) we wish you Ignacio all the best in your new post.
Word of warning when travelling...always check your luggage for your name. When collecting our luggage from the airport I took our two cases to find out later that my case was my case but wrong contents...yes a replica case, size weight etc, but a ladies...and unfortunately I was not up for wearing ladies clothes in an establishment where everyone knew me Ha Ha ! Let that be a lesson to me ...80euro later and a very late night in bed!!

Stayed March 2012
MariaOliete, Dpto Marketing at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion.

I am happy to learn that you had a really nice stay in the hotel. It was particularly pleasant to see that you enjoyed with your 50th aniversary party and that the impression of our staff in the Executive floor was very helpful and friendly.

It will be an honor to have you again in the hotel. We look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Guest Services Dept.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

After a very bad experience in Barcelona because of "Apartments Visit Barcelona", we had to spend our last 2 nights in good conditions so we decided to moved to Hilton Diagonal Mar.
The hotel was wonderful, the breakfast was good. Too close to "El Maresme Forum" metro station. A very big shopping mal across the hotel.
The only problem was the wi-fi, because it was 9€/day. But after the bug-filled house, we paid 9€ with no complaints.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. We are very happy to hear you had a wonderful stay at the hotel. I am sure that all your suggestions will help other guests to enjoy even more their stay in Barcelona.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we offer free internet service to all our Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors members as one of their benefits. If you are already member you will upgrade your status adding nights to your account, if not I really invite you to become a member and to start getting points. You will find more information in our web.

Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Quiet hotel located near the Hop on Hop off bus tours. They upgraded us to an executive suite and we got free internet and free breakfast with an evening reception (which included free beer and wine). The front desk couldnt have been nicer. We loved the hotels dining room also the staff was great and the food and wine was also.

Room Tip: If you a Gold member they upgrade your room :)
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MariaOliete, Marketing Department at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Guest,

I am happy to learn that you had a nice stay in the hotel. It was particularly pleasant to see that your impression of our staff was nice and great.

Lucerne, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I had great expectations since its a Hilton but was surprised at the unfriendly attitude of the reception staff especially during check out

The hotel is very well situated, has great sea and city views, close to a small shopping mall, stone throw away from the convention center. So on the whole has great location

The rooms are simple but well appointed. The bathroom is nice and modern.

I had a corner room with a small view of the sea and mostly the road in front. The check in was fine. Room service not bad. Food average.

The check out though was rough. Since I am silver card holder I requested for a late check out but was told I had to check out at 12 noon sharp and I had just 5 mts to 12. I requested them stating that I had a meeting going on n the same hotel and it would be kind if I could check out by 3PM. This is the first time I had staff asking me to leave ASAP o they would have to charge me for the second day. After a lot of discussion and convincing I needed some time to pack I was told I could get another half an hour. What was of interest was that one receptionist said it was possible till 6PM and then turned to his senior colleague who turned this down. I cannot understand how one person says yes and the other says no.

I put my bag at the concierge and finally left the hotel at 5 on the evening after sitting in the lobby from 2 to 5 PM

What really bothered me was the complete apathy of the hotel reception staff. I am a silver card member, closing towards a gold status and the hotel could care less. I also wondered how other guests would get treated if this is how regulars got treated.

This hotel has potential if the staff are sufficiently groomed especially to handle requests politely and diplomatically

Room Tip: Select the rooms with a sea view
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Vivian M
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us even when it is not the kind of review we would like to have as it helps us to improve our service and enables us to offer our guests a memorable experience.

I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel and offer you the high quality service that you expected and deserve.

You are a very valuable guest for us not only because we have had the honor to have you but because you are a silver card holder.

The last thing we want is to lose your trust in us.

I completely understand your disappointment concerning the staff attitude and I deeply apologize for it.

Be sure your comments will be investigated up in order to avoid them in the future.

Yours sincerely.

Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

This nice and modern hotel is situated in a new area in Barcelona very modern right by the beach.. It is a very nice and new hotel.. big and typical Hilton style.. It could be excellent but it isnt because of its location.. way too far from the city center.. and the surronding area which is not very nice (if not for the shopping center right in front).. The rooms are nice.. The beds are confortable.. Breakfast is typical Hilton.. Just no free wifi.. Its payable everywhere in the hotel and quite expensive.. Ideal only for business men who just need a confty hotel to sleep and dont care about visiting Barcelona really!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for filling out a review on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear you had a wonderful stay at the hotel. I am sure that all your suggestions will help other guests to enjoy even more their stay in Barcelona.