Returning to one of our favourite Hiltons The Diagonal Mar. On check in all the club executive suites were occupied so we were allocated a lovely room on the 23 floor...non less than the guest bedroom of the Presidential suite ! An amazing view from this corner room across the city and the beach and even better from the huge jacuzzi bath.
Our usual suite became available and the hotel wanted us to move, I was reluctant to leave the amazing bathroom behind but our usual suite is also just as amazing and actually suited the occasion much better as we were to be entertaining guests in our lounge/dining room for my big 50. I have to say the hotel gets full markes again, our move was effortless on our behalf, all done by the staff and nothing done by ourselves.
The attention to detail at this hotel remains as high as ever, nothing is left to chance and the whole team are amazing ( especially Cristobel and Cecelia in the exec lounge ). Since I was celebrating my big 50 the management permitted me to entertain my guests on the exec terrace which has the most amazing views however on the night of my party I chose to order Cava and canapés to be delivered to our suite. This was duly done, and what a banquet was laid before us in our dining room...simply amazing. I signed the bill, our guests duly arrived and then the phone call from the Executive Lounge ..oh Mr Mitchell, big mistake, you should not have signed anything...happy 50th from the Hilton Diagonal Mar...such generosity, and also this amazing suite....think Ignacio (GM) has been up to his old tricks !! I had the best ever birthday big big thank you to all.
We were very lucky with the weather, and while we were there the hotel was about to open the outside area for the summer. Again top marks to this hotel, although not actually open the staff were great and organised a bottle of our favourite..just shows you how they look after their regulars...our seventh visit in just two years and already planning our eighth !
Unfortunately Ignacio is moving on and is leaving the Digonal Mar, off to Hilton Lyon, so we shall miss him so much as I am sure will his present team, however this hotel runs like clock work and will no doubt continue to do so. ( I will let you know after our eighth visit!) we wish you Ignacio all the best in your new post.
Word of warning when travelling...always check your luggage for your name. When collecting our luggage from the airport I took our two cases to find out later that my case was my case but wrong contents...yes a replica case, size weight etc, but a ladies...and unfortunately I was not up for wearing ladies clothes in an establishment where everyone knew me Ha Ha ! Let that be a lesson to me ...80euro later and a very late night in bed!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only at a 5 minutes' walk from the beach, the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona offers stunning views of the sea and the spectacular morning rising sun. Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona is "the place to be" should you wish to enjoy a fun family beach holiday, have a cultural Barcelona City break or spend an unforgettable romantic weekend in Catalonia's capital. At less than 25 minutes from the airport, conveniently served by the Tram and metro to reach the city center in just a few stops, the hotel is also facing the largest shopping centre in Catalonia, Diagonal Mar. The Purobeach Barcelona offers stunning views of the sea and the rising sun, Purobeach Barcelona will provide the perfect place to immerse yourself in an Oasis of relaxation in the middle of such a busy city. Evade yourself starting the Puro Experience with a swim in our unique pool and laying on our teak sunbeds. Relax, hangout, and try our signature massage, listening to our soft tempos from Puro Live Web Radio. The hotel offers services such as fitness centre, sauna and comfortable air conditioned rooms. Our multilingual concierge team can assist you with car and bike renting, museum visits, beauty treatments reservations or simply recommend the best cultural places to discover. Overlooking the sea or Barcelona's sky line, the stylish spacious rooms at the Hilton Diagonal Mar come with WI-FI or wired internet access, flat screen LED TV, safe and mini bar, and some can be connected to other rooms for your convenience. Pamper yourself and book a Hilton Executive room: enjoy the hotel's spacious Executive Lounge offering space to relax and enjoy a unique Mediterranean light with spectacular city and sea views from its 15th floor terrace. As an Executive guest, you will benefit from exclusive services in our lounge: complimentary internet access, all day refreshments, breakfast and afternoon snacks. The Hilton Indigo's restaurant serves delicious International and Catalan food. The seasonal poolside Purobeach Barcelona bar and Restaurant offers our international M3 menu with Miami - Marrakesh - Melbourne cosmopolitan influence, tailor made to satisfy all our guests' profiles. The Pistaccio Lounge bar is the perfect venue for cocktail lovers wishing to start or end their evening in a relaxed atmosphere or simply enjoy the complimentary WI-FI to plan their next visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Hilton International Barcelona
- Hilton Barcelona
- Barcelona Hilton