“Great place for a Barcelona experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona
Ranked #2 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
South Australia
“Great place for a Barcelona experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed at Casa Camper twice during July before and after a cruise. It lived up to all my expectations and more. The staff are really helpful and welcoming. The snack service a great idea. Breakfasts are great and cooked by a lady who cooks eggs etc to perfection. The rooms are funky and beds comfy and great shower/bathrooms. The terrace up top is a haven. Loved our 2 stays here. The hotel, while just off La Ramblas is very quiet and very secure. Highly rate this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Pushka
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed here before we left for our cruise and absolutely loved it. The staff was wonderful, the rooms were clean and comfortable . The Location was great!! Your right in the middle of all the Las Ramblas. Which is a very fun and busy area of Spain. We were able to get to public transportation easily from the hotel and the staff was very helpful with directions. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank travelbud525
Columbia SC USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

We spent three days at the Casa Camper conveniently located two blocks off the Ramblas and four blocks from the Placa de Catalunya. It is a perfect location to explore on foot the many wonderful treasures in Barcelona. We felt safe returning to the hotel at all hours, and they have a security card entrance to prevent those not authorized from entering the hotel. I reserved a suite which gave us plenty of room to spread out and could easily sleep five comfortably. The rooms are not posh but practical. The exterior of the hotel is historical, but the interior is very modern. The multilingual staff were very polite and accommodating to our every request. The unlimited snacks and drinks were a welcome luxury after a long day walking in the hot summer sun. I particularly liked the rooftop terrace with its quiet ambiance and comfortable recliners. The hotel's laid back atmosphere makes it perfect for families. If you have a car, the closest garage is two blocks away and charges 35 euros to park per day.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank blueColumbiaSCUSA
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

I stayed at Casa Camper for one night before moving to my favority hotel in Barcelona (Grand Hotel Central) since I got there a day before I had originally planned. I am so glad that I was able to experience this really unique property for a night.

Casa Camper met everything that had been written about it and more. The location is fantastic, the rooms beautifully designed and extremely large, the bed really comfortable, the vertical garden is so cool, the living area is just a wonderful touch, and the products in the bathroom smelled so fresh -- I can go on and on. The 24 hour food area is really well stocked and has lots of choices. It was lovely to go down there and get whatever one wanted. I sat on the roof in the evening -- overlooking the many rooftops of the Raval and enjoyed my glass of wine (which one has to pay for) and the treats from the snack area.

The staff of this hotel is simply great -- very friendly and so helpful. I cannot praise them enough. I highly recommend this hotel. The only thing I wish this property had was a pool.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank barca212
Helsinki
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

I don't think I can praise Casa Camper enough. It was everyhting we could hope and more.

We stayed here in May 2012 with my friend and a 4-year-old kid. After booking the room I got a nice personalized email where the staff welcomed us, explained how their two-room system works and how we could get the most from our stay.

The location is simply perfect: right in the centre, on one of Rambla's quieter side streets. When we arrived we were given a super warm welcome and a little tour around the lobby and snack bar. Our bedroom was very comfy and it had enough space even with an extra bed. The living room on the other side of the hall with a view to the pedestrian street was also lovely. The hammock was a fun surprise especially for our kid.

Speaking of kids: I have never in my life stayed in a hotel where children would have been treated better. The staff took extra good care of us, played with our kid, showed him around and talked with him but also respected him as a person. This might sound weird, but in many hotels the staff is really nice to the kids but somehow treats them like they were pets or dolls or something. But not here, no. Our kid said he wants to stay here forever (and we adults felt the same). Oh, and another thing about treating people well. We felt that in Casa Camper you can be yourself no matter what you look like and to which minority (or majority) you belong to.

Everything in the hotel from the front door to the walk in showers is designed with good taste. The decor is not only stylish but also fun. Our room like the whole place was spotless. The bed was really comfy and the rain shower... whoa, I want that to my own house! On the first evening there was a bottle of sparkling wine waiting for us when we arrived.

Often hotels' 24-hour snack bars aren't that great, but the one in Casa Camper had really tasty salads, sandwiches, drinks, pastries, organic yoghourt and other goodies all of us three enjoyed very much. The breakfast was even better with freshly prepared eggs, bacon and pancakes cooked for order. One time we ate it on the cute roof terrace.

So the location is perfect and the hotel was great, but the best part was the incredible staff, one of the best I've ever met in my travels. From the first email to the check out we felt ourselves loved. Will go back as soon as possible and recommend to everybody I know.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family