“Best part of our vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Constanza Barcelona

Hotel Constanza Barcelona
Ranked #75 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
“Best part of our vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

The room was great. Very spacious and the patio was excellent and added more area to enjoy coffee or a sandwich

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

Hotel Constanza is a great little hotel, at walking distance from Plaza Catalunya, the Cathedral, Las Ramblas, Barri Gotic, La Sagrada Familia, and other landmarks. We stayed for five nights and it was just perfect. Although close to all these areas, the hotel is in a quiet, mostly residential street. I agree with other reviewers, that after all day in Barcelona it was great to come back to a quiet hotel.

Rooms are comfortable and spacious (considering previous experiences), free WiFi in the room, and very clean. The lobby is inviting, with different areas for seating.

Breakfast is convinient, although we thought it was a littlemtoo expensive for the food served and the service. There are lots of places for breakfast at a short walking distance from the hotel.

Hotel staff (besides the restaurant staff) is very friendly and welcoming. I think that is one of the major positives of the hotel.

I would recommend Hotel Constanza without hesitation.

Room Tip: We had a room in the front with a small balcony. The hotel is located on a quiet street, so the room...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

No doubt about Constanza, it is a value boutique hotel in the heart of Barcelona. We got a room with twin beds for 135 euros a night for 3 nights in May 2012. I hope my observations below can help future customers in making their personal choices. These are not necessarily critiques, but rather FYI's.

Pros: 1. Convenient location, 4 blocks from Plaza Catalunya, 1 block off Grand Via, the closest metro station Urquinaona is 3 blocks (L1 & L4 lines) away.
2. Interior decor of the lobby (spacious) & rooms are modern, simple and pleasant.
3. Free computer use in the lobby.
4. Mini fridge in the room (prestocked with drinks, but one can find space to store small items such as sandwich or fruits)
5. Adequate drawers and cabinets.
6. The tall windows can be opened for fresh air.

Cons: 1. The round stainless steel sink is about 10 inches across and 5 inches deep, not enough to wash clothing bigger than undies.
2. In lieu of a shower curtain, the tub has a plastic panel that can cover only half of the length. The rear end of the tub can splash water over the floor -- what a hassle.
3. The bed cannot sit tight on the floor. It moves even when getting up after sitting on the mattress.
4. This has not happened yet, but could be a future concern. There is a big contruction site right next to the hotel. The previous building is already demolished. I suspect construction work may start soon. How would the noise be?

Overall, our stay is pleasant. If there is a return visit to Barcelona, I may try other hotels too.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank baydreams
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

I've read many reviews before booking this hotel, and I stayed first 4 nights in the Grand Hotel Central for business, before moving to this one for my weekend. So, I knew upfront that it's less lux than the hotel I stayed for work, and that there'd be a bit of noise, and also that it's not right at the La Rambla.

But the hotel just really surprised me!

First of all, I've got a nice room with a huge balcony facing the back quarter, which is not too bad of a view, since it's an open and clean space. The room is not very well sound-proof, but I didn't have that issue of hearing my neighbor using the bathrooms, as most people mentioned in their review, I may have had a lucky room.

Second surprise is the distance, I mean, I don't understand why everyone was fuzzing about the walk. It's a nice walk to get to the busy center, and honestly, it took me less than 10 minutes to get to the Palau de Musica Catalana (a concert hall, a must-see sight by the way), I was wearing my semi-formal for the concert, so I wasn't running. 15-minute walk I was at the Gothic Quarter. OK, if you per sé need to be at La Rambla, where you can walk out of the hotel and immediately eat on the terraces of the 200 restaurants in front of you, then, yes, it's a hotel way too remote for you.

Third, the Wifi, I may have been lucky, but it worked great in the room, for all my gadgets. And it's very simple to get connected.

About the breakfast, I haven't tried, 'cause everyone was complaining about it. So I walked across the street, and found a small cafe, it's so nearby that my Wifi connection with the hotel still worked!! I had two coffees and a big roll with chorizo and a croissant, it cost only 6.5, so I guess it's a better deal that the hotel breakfast then.

The roof bar is also quite nice, it did look a little bit simpler than the advertised photo. But the friendly young bartender fixed me a great cocktail, offered to take a picture for me and all. Wifi was a bit weaker on the roof and it's a shame that they only opened in the evening, so, no sunbathing on the roof terrace.

The neighborhood is nice, it's just off the epic touristic center but I could still find my way to get back to the sites and restaurants nearby. And I felt quite safe walking around the hotel in the night. There's a post office just one block away, if you are the old-fashion type, like I am, who still sends postcards.

Service was great. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Overall, it's a hotel I'll definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street and further away from the lift, it may help with the noise, and...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Jeffrey_on_Trip
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Nice hotel within easy walking distance (10) mins from placa catalunya and a couple of minutes from metro stop. Clean, nice room, staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. A fair walk from the gothic area though so be prepared! Only reason I haven't given excellent is the fridge in the room didn't keep anything cold, and tea and coffee facilities would have made the room perfect. Lovely and quiet though and we had a nice terrace to. Would def recommend it as long as you are happy to stay away from the action. Some nice little bars and restaurants in walking distance. Just watch those pickpockets around la ramblas!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back it's so quiet
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple