1,678 results
All reviewsdiagonal marsea viewbig mallnice hotelbusiness trippool deckjunior suitehigh floormetro stationmini barpublic transportsagrada familialas ramblasconferencecitytaxiccib
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

This a beautiful hotel located in a financial/business district of Barcelona and literally a 5 min walk from the beach!
Modern amenities, hardwood floors, comfortable bed, decent room size, and amazing breakfast buffet!
Your room doesn’t come with an iron and ironing board, however if you ask for one, they will make sure you get one for the duration of your trip.
If you forget an adapter for your charger, they will give you one at the front desk.
The hotel is also across from a mall (literally you walk out the door and it is right in front of you) which has many amazing restaurants, shops, and a theater.
The Metro is a five minute walk away, Line 4, which takes you to a lot of Barcelona’s attractions.
The staff at this hotel is absolutely amazing and will make your trip so fabulous!
I would definitely stay here again!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Julie G, Guest Relations Manager at AC Hotel Barcelona Forum by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback in Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us.
It makes us very happy and proud to read that you enjoyed that much the time you spent in our hotel.
We are working hard to deliver unforgettable and unique experiences to our guests.
Your kind words have been forwarded to all our teams.
We hope that we will welcome you again for another fabulous trip.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Good business hotel close to the BCCI (conference centre) and the diagonal mar shopping mall. Although it’s some 30 minutes taxi ride from the airport, it’s worth it if you have to attend events at the co Terence centre. Sea side is a few minutes walk from the hotel.
Pleasant reception by the staff and good service.
I cannot comprehend why the management wouldn’t invest in a decent iron and an ironing board. Extremely small board and affects the overall quality of the stay very badly. Business travelers require very good irons and board to press their shorts and blouses. Hope the management listens

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Julie G, Guest Relations Manager at AC Hotel Barcelona Forum by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

We greatly appreciate the time you spent to review your recent experience in our hotel.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentionned, we are very close to the Barcelona International Convention Centre and the Diagonal Mar shopping mall is just in front of us. The beautiful seaside promenade is also at less than 10 minutes walking.
We are sorry that the iron and ironing board we provided you with did not meet your satisfaction. Please be assured that your comment has been forwarded to the relevant team in order to improve our service.
We hope that we will welcome you again for your next visit in Barcelona.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I'm very critical when it comes to hotels (mainly because I don't particularly enjoy staying away from home!) but was very happy with my stay here albeit with some suggestions for small improvements. I was allocated this hotel as my accommodation for a conference I was attending at the convention centre, which is two minutes walk away.

Firstly and most importantly, the hotel was clean, airy and spacious. I was in a twin room, sharing with a family member. It was a decent size although we'd have struggled if we'd had two suitcases rather than just the one plus our two pieces of wheeled hand luggage. If it had been one person using the room there would've been more than enough space.

There were plenty of table top surfaces in the room and sink space in the bathroom (two things I'm very picky about because I like to spread my things out!) and there was some great wardrobe and drawer space behind sliding mirrored doors. It drives me mad when I go to a hotel and there is no full length mirror in the room!

The room was warm, which suited me fine because I'm always cold in hotels and trying to battle with the a/c. However, my roommate found it too hot. Not sure if you could adjust the temperature internally but the window did open and as we were sea-facing it was really pleasant.

There was also two dustbins, one in the room and one in the bathroom, which pleased me because I hate it when there's only one, and there were tea and coffee making facilities, as well as complimentary water. We couldn't work out the TV settings because it wasn't showing the channel it was displaying, but then we weren't in the room that much so it didn't bother us. Could also do with a few more plug sockets but I'm being picky now!

The bathroom was spacious and nicely laid out with a decent sized sink, good pressure shower, toilet and bidet, as well as a rack that housed all the toiletries and some towels. Only complaint - the plug needed adjusting because it was far too slow to drain. Ended up taking the entire thing out for the duration of my stay. Further suggestion - get some decent toilet paper. This is a decent bathroom but seriously, the toilet paper disintegrates it's so thin!?

I have complicated dietary requirements so although breakfast was included I didn't use it. My roommate, however, said that the choice for this standard of hotel wasn't great, plus you'd expect to not be charged extra if you wanted fresh eggs (they were available at an extra cost). I also found the dining menu in the bar somewhat limited. There is, however, a good range of reasonably-priced restaurants in the Diagonal Mar shopping centre just over the road.

All the staff I came across were all very helpful, friendly and smiley throughout, particularly Lisa and Cristina on reception. Nothing was too much trouble.

Was able to store luggage after checking out and was given a complimentary late check out that was 1.5 hours later than their usual late-check out, which they didn't have to do but they did, and it was done with a smile too!

I was on the 11th floor and it was pretty quiet for a hotel.

Didn't use the gym or any of the facilities because I didn't have time. So I can't comment on them. However, I do think this is more of a business hotel and even when I was there it did appear that most of the people staying were business people rather than tourists. I quite liked that because it was one of the quietest hotels I've stayed in - now rowdy late night arrivals!?

I'm a Marriott Rewards member so was given complimentary high-speed WiFi, which was reliable throughout my stay and could be used on up to five devices.

Overall this is a friendly, clean and well turned out hotel. I'd definitely stay again. Thanks for a pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Get an ocean view as it won't face the street. Plus the higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank T B

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this complete feedback in Tripadvisor following your recent visit with us.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and will choose our hotel again for your next stay in Barcelona.

Please be assured that we take note of each of your comments: they have been forwarded to the relevant departments in order to improve our service and enhance the experience of our guests.

Thank you again for all the suggestions and your detailed opinion, they are of great importance to us.

We would be delighted to welcome you again whenever your travels bring you back to Barcelona.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

spacious rooms, great 13 floor bar and pool, very nice guys at reception and bar. clean rooms. short way to metro or beach. good place to stay. close to a lot of outddor sport places. taxis always in front available.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Mustangdrivergermany
Julie G, Guest Relations Manager at AC Hotel Barcelona Forum by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

We greatly appreciate the time you spent to review your recent experience in AC Hotel Barcelona Fórum.
We feel very proud to read that you enjoyed our hotel, its team and facilities.
Your comment make us want to keep working hard to deliver excellent customer service to our guests.
We hope that you will visit us again for your next stay in Barcelona.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Hotel is clean,modern,well appointed and very functional
Staff very helpful and efficient
Room - was with an ocean view - still good in the morning even if you are on a businness trip
Clean ,everything was working without fault.
Only one detail - not a fault but an observation : as a part of modern design sinks are from glass and even if you put a soap on it it shows spots
Saying that it is cleaned spotlessly on daily basis ( how it should be really)
The only small downside is a distance from the city centre -but again,hotel is not far from the tube
For the conference at the Forum - ideal

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Julie G, Guest Relations Manager at AC Hotel Barcelona Forum by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor following your recent visit with us.
It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our hotel, his staff and facilities.
Please be assured that we take note of your feedback about the sinks.
Concerning the distance from the city centre, it takes around 20 minutes to get to the historical area of Barcelona by metro (which is at 5 minutes walking).
As you have mentionned, the International Convention Center of Barcelona is just behind the Hotel, so it is very convenient.
We would be delighted to welcome you again for your next stay in Barcelona.