“Excellent”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Gracia
Description: CLOSED FOR HOLIDAYS FROM THE 5th Agust TO THE 04 septiembrer We are a small family restaurant. We try every day to bring to you our best meals, fresh made and always served with our best smile! You won't regret it! Open from 08h to 16:00. Closed on Sundays.
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience with Javi, who is the owner and is waiter too. We ate seafood salad and gazpacho like starter. And then cod and hake. Everything for two people, beer and dessert included for only €22. I totally recommend the place.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Found a diamond in a small alley near Parc Guell. I almost disappointed with Barcelona's cuisine. I thought it was too commercial so all food here were so expensive. Minimum spent €25 per person only for tapas. And not full tummy after. But with this Bar CASI, wow found a home cooking and traditional place small and not fancy but so full crowded with people. Outside the street seems so quiet but when you enter their place.... just wow. With €11 you will get 2 courses. Which is enuff for lunch. Even more.... heard drinks is included. Mine is coffee for free. Others heard coca cola included w that price. Me with additional sangria total bill become €25. Just super duper amazing. Lucky we found this place.

We ordered 4 d8fferent menus so can try all. And none were disappointing us. Really made my day in Barcelona. You can see all my food reviews.... i criticized fair and square. This one is a jewel. Trust me and you want regret.

1  Thank Evan S
Reviewed 29 May 2017

I knew of Bar CASI's fame from TA and the forums, and I was lucky enough to experience it. We were two couples from Romania, walking down from Parc Guell at about 10 A.M. and we just HAD to stop and get some coffee and breakfast there.

The very nice man behind the bar asked us if any of us spoke Spanish (Castellano), so we could better communicate. Since I was the designated person, I asked for a menu, but there was none. Instead, he gently explained to me what the breakfast options were (potato/eggplant/zucchini omelette) and suggested we could take one slice of each. Along with slices of bread with olive oil and tomatoes, cheese and jamón to share between us.

As we enjoyed our cafés con leche, we noticed we were among locals discussing the most recent football matches or just sharing life stories.

We felt like locals ourselves and we were received with great warmth. Next time, we will not miss the chance to drop by for a menú del día. Gracias por tener paciencia con un grupo de rumanos hambrientos!

1  Thank Madeline_K
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Although we seemed to be the only non-Catalonians in the restaurant at the time, Bar Casi's wait staff welcomed us eagerly with smiles and a relatively short menu. €11 could buy an appetizer and an entree, and potentially a dessert (though we were too full at the end to partake). The green beans and macaroni cheese were both fantastic starters, with a hearty portion of white fish constituting the main course. Would absolutely recommend to anyone looking for authentic food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

We stepped in right before lunchtime. Luckily, as it got full pretty fast. Same setting, just a few tables. Great food (i had some veal tripe, excellent for my taste). The grilled tuna looked absolutely perfect. Good, local food cooked on the spot. 5/5. Again. Ah, they have someone speaking English now :p

2  Thank AlinRa