“An evening to remember”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 December 2017

We had seen this restaurant praised on Tripadvisor as we prepared our holida to Barcelona. Discovering it was right by our hotel, we made reservations well in advance (and it was a good thing--the popularity was evident in the way the place filled up!) We had ham croquettes, patatas bravas, a superb zucchini salad with carrots, kalamata olives, and feta cheese. My wife had what she said was an excellent entry of scallops, pork, and asparagus (I have a seafood allergy, but more of that later), while I enjoyed an entry of braised beef. The desserts were unusual but wonderful (a seared pineapple with ice cream and also a kind of caramel/chocolate mousse that was much lighter and expressive than I just described it here). It was all top of the line--various, subtle, and delicious. In addition, the staff was attentive, friendly, even charming (our principal server, a young man named Jonatan, guided me deftly around the allergy to some really, really exquisite food I could enjoy). Best meal and service I've had in a long time, and reasonably priced. It'd be worth another trip to Barcelona just for Bambarol!

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We had an absolutely delicious dinner at Bamberol. We booked a table the same day and were lucky enough to get the last slot available at 8.30pm. The waiters were really friendly, very helpful and knowledgeable about the food. Each of the tapas we ordered was incredible, so delicious and the flavours were wonderful. I will be racing back here if I return to Barcelona and would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Having read the reviews on here we took a chance and managed to get a table without booking (recommended though), it seems to very popular with the locals and tourists alike, during our meal at least 4 or 5 groups of people came in only to be told they full and this was at 8.30pm. The waiter explained all the dishes to us and my wife decided to share a few tapas between us. The Russian Salad with Tuna was excellent and beautifully presented, the outstanding dish was the Scallops on Pork Cheek, Scallops were cooked spot on and combined with the pork amazing. All round a great meal with good friendly staff and a very local vibe. Will recommend

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Our server explained all the menu items with such passion that we were convinced he himself must have cooked everything. The wine selection was very interesting. Everything we tried was mouth watering. Tapas! Very friendly staff. Make a reservation!

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

This is a gem with really high quality staff and food with a really easy and casual style. The style does not compromise the food or wine pairing and they deliver serious gourmet cooking. Great wine and dangerously good peach or classic mojitos.