“Unique & fantastic”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Italian, Japanese
Neighbourhood: Montjuic
Neighbourhood: Montjuic
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The food is very good and original. The owners are very friendly and the treatment very personal. Ambience is very good for family and hang around! Very recommended and the midday menu is fantastic.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

We've lived in Poble Sec for many years and this place has by far the best lunch menu I have ever found in the city in all my years here - and I've done a lot of searching! The restaurant looks quite plain and unassuming and although we often walked by we never went in because of this - until we researched it a bit and after reading some good reviews we decided to give it a go - we instantly regretted not having tried it sooner and having wasted years going to other places with this on our doorstep! We have been going here about 2 or 3 times a week for the past 8 months and have never been disappointed - the food is consistently delicious - and for under €10 it is the best value for money lunch menu in town. I've always had a bit of a problem with the set lunch menus in Barcelona - especially in the under €20 price range - they tend to either be inedible, or very inconsistent in quality - one day ok but the next horrible, I've actually stopped ordering the set lunch menu in restaurants in Barcelona because of this. That's why I value so much the high consistency of the quality of the food at Ikki - The chef is just talented and you can tell the food is made with a lot of love and care, and without pretention. What I also loove is their home-made lemonade (made from real lemons and honey) or Japanese tea which is included in the price of the lunch menu (as well as the standard drinks of beer, wine,water etc) - it's so nice to have an option other than the alcohol or water choice that you get with lunch menus in any other place in Barcelona. Highly recommend for anyone wanting consistently delicious food at an amazing price - there's not many (if any) other places like this in this town.

1  Thank kiwiiarna
Reviewed 9 November 2016

I had a great Japanese beer here and the salad was also good. The staff was friendly. I would advice to have an English menu available as well, this was the only thing I found missing from this place. It's a small but cozy place. You have to look for it a bit maybe.

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

Food here is Japanese home style cooking, it's nice and tasty! Very good value for the money, specially the lunch menu. Staff is very nice and friendly. Recommended!

Reviewed 21 January 2016

For 9 euros, you can eat a proper menu that's not the typical greasy Spanish menu. Japanese influenced dishes, decent servings, and incredible deserts! Definitely try the flan de calabaza!

1  Thank Dave B