Stayed in Barcelona for 4 nights, and booked Torre Catalunya based on TripAdvisor reviews and a decent price. Here are pros and cons of the hotel:
- We were able to get an upgrade to a bigger room on a 20th floor (out of 22) for only 12 Euros/day which is absolutely worth it.
- Rooms are big and very comfortable
- AC worked great, and never had an issue with it.
- Very clean and modern hotel
- There is a great (a bit overpriced) restaurant on the last floor with an awesome view of the city
- Not a very central location (which is not really a problem, as there is a subway station within 2 minutes walk)
- You had to pay for the internet if didn't book the room through their website. In other words if you book through Expedia you pay 5 cents/minute (3 Euros per hour). Not a big deal, but it would have been nice to know about it ahead of time.
Overall, its a good hotel, and good value for the money.More
- Free Wifi