“it really is a 1 star hotel!”
Review of Roma Reial Hotel

Roma Reial Hotel
Ranked #338 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Overall, I did not enjoy staying at this hotel. It does what it says on the tin- 1 star! The hotel is in a nice part of the Rambla, in a beautiful square surrounded by bars and restaurants. The location is very good and popular with student groups. The room was ok, very basic but clean. The towels would get changed everyday. Our room was towards the back of the hotel and we had a dreadful view. Whereas, if you are facing the square you get sunshine in your room and a nice view. Breakfast was a bread roll and jam!! The staff were very quiet but friendly. The lift is very wierd & quite scary! Would not recommend unless you just need somewhere to literally sleep.

Room Tip: request a room facing the square so you get a nice view and some sunshine
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rishi C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Roma Reial Hotel

Reviewed 2 January 2012

It's a hotel with a great location, at the Ramblas, near all restaurants and nightlife, BUT that's it!

I went to a bachelorette party, with a group of friends, and it was good, cause we were near the centre and in 3 days we could visit a lot of the city.

The hotel it's ok, the room it's not very well equipped and the cleaning is bad!
The breakfast is bad, either.

it's very cheap and it works for sleep and go, but not more than that!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Now, I am not too picky about hotels in Spain and Barcelona hotels tend to be below average, but this was a "basic" Barcelona hotel. It wasn't awful, but it was pretty bad. The rooms were uncomfortable and smelled odd, kind of a mix of detergent and paint, so if you spent more than an hour breathing it in you got a cracking headache. Now I am glad they do touch up the paint now and again, but I wasn't happy to be stuffed in a tiny stinky paintcan for 3 days. Yes tiny. Very small room, there were two small beds a desk and a window, and very little floor. I had to hang my suit from the TV and put my bag in the bath.

Location, I thought it would be good but was wrong. Placa Reial can be a bit of a mess and it is a bit of a tramp up the rambla to get to things, and I can't be bothered with the Rambla most days. There are a few good spanish places around, but you have to know how to find them, the good ones dont have people outside trying to lure you in. Thats all i'm going to say about that......

So with all this, you might think it was cheap? It wasn't. It wasn't silly expensive, but to put it in perspective, I payed less for 4 nights in a 4 star hotel in Alicante on the same week, than I did for 3 night in this 1 star.

I suppose I might stay here again if I had to. But it would have to be some kind of accomodation emergency.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Central location excellent. Although everyone was very friendly and helpful, the accommodation was not good. We were at the very top (dreadful lift) at the back with a window that would not open and no aircon. The view I guess was too bad to let anyone see. The bathroom smelt and the whole feeling of the hotel was very very basic. We arrived from Greece late (chaos on the railways) and so were too exhausted to change our room. Beware of being there on a Sunday evening when there are long queues at every restaurant in the square everyone waiting to eat

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2011

The hotel is in a very central place. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room we stayed in had a balcony so I guess we were more lucky than others. The balcony overlooked Placa Real which was very nice. The room was a bit small but we expected it to be that way. What we didn't expect was that in the room there was only 1 plug and another in the bathroom. We stayed at the hotel in August and it was hot so the fan was always on, so that only left 1 plug for us to use! But on the whole it was value for money!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends