HCC St. Moritz
US$ 409
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 562/night.

US$ 307
Priceline
El Palace Hotel(Barcelona)
US$ 682
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewspasseig de graciagreat locationtapasbreakfast was includedwithin walking distanceblackout curtainson arrivaleuropean hotelsquiet streetcasa batllogood sizeroom was clean and comfortablequiet hotelthe hotel staffminute walkcentral locationrooms are large
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stay in this Hotel in the week-end 25-27 november c.y.
The location iv very good.
Near Placa Catalunya,Gaudi buildings,Ramblas and halfway from Sagrada Familia
and Cathedral.The aerobus (5,30 € to BCN airport) terminal is very nearby.
The room is very quiet and clean.
Only slightly small.
The personal is very,very kind.
Thank you Hotel Saint Moritz!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank garzantina
Reviewed 26 November 2011

The hotel is very clean, room size is OK, breakfast selcection good (did not llke their coffee), free WIFI.
The location of this hotel is the best thing about it, just a few meters from the wonderful Paseo de Gracia, and walking distance to Plaza Catalunia. What I did not like is the hotel ambience and decoration, somewhat outdated and gloomy.

Room Tip: Do not miss Casa Batllo - 200 meters walk from the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2011

The service in the hotel was very good. A cab ride is about 35euro from the airport. I had a small room with a double bed. It was only big enough for one person, but well laid out with a nice bathroom. It is walking distant to many tourist areas and close to the metro lines. The beach takes a little more effort to get to. There is no pool or fitness center. The restaurant and bar are simple and nice, but not a party spot. I like the breakfast buffet, one of the better ones I have had. The dinners were good and pricing is what one would expect in a hotel.

Room Tip: The interior rooms get day light from a central atrium skylight without any outside noise. But the interior rooms seem to be a little smaller.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MtnMatt1749
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I booked 3 nights at this hotel based solely on previous comments made by other tripadvisor members. I was a little worried because I had used Airmiles and thought I'd be given a dump of a room. How wrong was I? The Hotel room itself (room 508) was small but perfect. It had a wonderfully spotless bathroom, mini bar, flat screen tv and the bed had lovely crisp white linen. The hotel is well located and within walking distance of the main sights (Casa Mila, La Pedrera, Sagrada Familia, Museu Picasso) and is ideally placed for Placa de Catalunya which is where the airport bus starts and terminates. You can also easily walk to Las Ramblas and to Barceloneta which is where the beach is. Being a Londoner, I was on my guard for any potential muggings but I can honestly say that I felt completely safe especially where the hotel is located. I got caught in some football traffic on my second day and got back to the hotel really late. Even though the hotel is on a side street - I didn't fear for my safety at all. The only negative comment that I would make (but didn't affect me personally) is that I would not have paid 20Euros for the breakfast. Luckily my stay included the buffet breakfast and it was more than adequate for me. It kept me so full I couldnt eat again until the evening!! But 20 Euros is a bit steep in my opinion. There are numerous places in the area where you can buy breakfast a lot cheaper. If you are on a really tight budget, empty your mini bar fridge - and stock up with goodies from the Carrefour supermarket on Las Ramblas. You will save a fortune.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank AnnieC_11
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We made an order by email for 2 double rooms for 5 nights 9-14 September. Terms sent to us were 24 hours cancellation or first night payment. Credit card was sent as garantee,
At check in we were aksed to pay for the full 5 days in advance. This is exceptional, insulting, and we did not met such a demand anywhere else. Moreover, it was not in the terms sent to us. We came to an agreement with the receptionist that we shall pay each morning for the next day.
Then a man came and started shouting in Spanish at the receptionist and later at us in English.
He shouted: " either you pay for the five days now or you go out of the hotel now!" then he added: "you have no chance of getting another room here in Barcelona, since I am the general manager of all hotels in the city center!"
This man was the general manager of HCC hotels: Mr. Joan Asensio Ros.
Of course we left. This incident ruined our planed vacation in Barcelona.
Be aware!!!