“Argentine ”

Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: El Camp de l'Arpa del Clot
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Argentine deserts and bakery. It’s a reasonable price-quality. There’s no chocolate option but a lot of “Dulce de leche”. I recommend the small one peaces of coco, and the small cakes with fruit. Not all the personal working there is kind.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 15 November 2017

My wife and I came here on our first morning in Barcelona. Stopped by to pick up some pastries on our way walking to La Sagrada Familia. They had a huge selection of sweet pastries to get to eat there or take away, and we got enough for the both of us, plus a huge bottle of water for 5 Euros. It was delicious and more than affordable. There were two very nice ladies working behind the counter that were very helpful.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Kcncc2
Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

I hope they were just having a bad day, but non of the waitresses were nice to customers. Pastries were good, though.

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank Judith G
Reviewed 8 October 2016

We were walking back from Sagrada Familia and we were hungry and thought we would stop in this place for a quick bite. We ordered empanadas and other things. The empanadas were just ok but the service was terrible. The two women working there were unhelpful and unfriendly. I know we didn't speak the language but they didn't try to work with us. It took them a long time to wait on us. There were other pastries etc. that looked good but because of their attitudes we decided to do business elsewhere. I went to pay and one woman just pointed for me to go back to my table. It was like being back in grade school. Go down the street to Granier Bakery instead, better sandwiches, pastries and the people working there act like they want your business and good service.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 9 September 2016

I love this place for breakfast, there is so much to chose from. It is an Argentine bakery/coffee shop and one big difference between Spanish and Argentine bakeries is that the Spanish use pig fat instead of butter. Here all the pastries are homemade and you can taste the butter. They have amazing empanadas, sandwiches or "facturas" which are like small croissants or cakes. If I had to say one area for improvemente it would probably be the size of the mugs, I think they should be bigger to allow you to enjoy more tea. It is only hot water after all.

Date of visit: September 2016