“Nice place, helpful staff”
Review of Pensio 2000

Pensio 2000
Ranked #130 of 307 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We chose Pensio 2000 for its location and value. The staff were helpful and importantly accommodating when our flight arrived quite late unexpectedly. The room (#1) was comfortable and clean, and we were grateful for the double doors between the bedroom and the bathroom due to the sound of the self-composting toilet. Also, there is good sound insulation from the street provided by an additional glass layer at the window. Overall provided what we needed: a comfortable place to sleep for the night.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Traveler941
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

My friend and I arrived in Barcelona without a hostel booking. Keen for somewhere cheap but with a decent double room, our expectations were surpassed once we found Pensio 2000. It's tucked off the main street so not noisy, but right across the alley from the GORGEOUS Palau de la Música Catalana. We stayed in two different rooms over the two nights (as we hadn't pre-booked), which were both great. Large and bright- they were welcoming and distinctive (not the usual hostel/hotel fare). The greatest part of Pensio 2000 is the owners who really offer a B&B type experience at a hostel price. They have tea, coffee, and biscuits in the sitting room all day and offer a nice breakfast delivered to your room or on the outdoor patio for 5 Euros/person. Though small, the bathrooms attached to each room were adequate and included nice shampoo, towels, hairdryer, etc. There is a laptop in the sitting room for guest use as well as a water cooler. They have plenty of information about the surrounding area. Barcelona isn't cheap, but this place is a gem, especially compared with the overpriced and noisy places in the vicinity. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank Ashley M
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Last week, after having researded Pensio 2000, and being very impressed with the Trip Advisor reviews I checked availability and sent a reservation on the pension's internet form. I did receive the automated message that I would receive a confirmation via e-mail. When I did not hear back the next day I went to the pension's website and sent an URGENT message directly requesting a response as I had re-checked the availability and now saw that it was booked -but that could be my booking. After 48 hours I still did not receive any notice so I finally resorted to calling the pension directly! When I reached the management and gave my name the gentleman I spoke to acknowledged that he recognized my name and confirmed that he did indeed receive my reservation and my subsequent email and "that he had just that morning sent me a message that there were no rooms available". I told him that I did not receive any message and that I was disappointed that it was now more than 48 hours and it seemed an unreasonable amount of time for them to wait to let me know that there was no rooms. He made some vague comment that seemed to indicate that IF that had one I would have heard. Since I had given all of my credit card information I would not have made a second booking until I heard back from Pensio 2000. Given that I was only booking 10 days ahead this lack of response and customer service could have resulted in a disaster for me being able to find suitable accommodations. Just for the record - he had lied about responding to my URGENT email - as I never received the courtesy of a reply. Apparently the superior customer service is given only once you get into Pensio 2000.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Dolores P
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed 4 nights at this small but very cosy and familiar hotel. It has a really good location not far from the Rambla and just 3 minutes walk away from the nearest Metro-station.
There is free coffee, tee, cakes and cold water at all times of the day and a PC that everybody can use.
You also get a little exercise when taking all 50 staircase steps from the street to the hotel - everyone must decide for themselves if this is positive or not - but please remember there is a lift for the suitcases.
The room no. 4 was great with 4 beds and with plants on the little balcony and a great wiew to the narrow and quiet streets.
The hosts are very friendly and we would certainly like to come back - rather sooner than later.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
11  Thank Soleyman
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at Pensio 2000 for six days and it was excellent. The location is prime for easy walks to all the great sites and areas of interest, and if you need to go out a little further, there's a subway stop a stones throw from the hotel that can get you where you want to go. The proprietor, Orlando, is super nice and helpful, and provides for all your needs.

We stayed in Room #1, which actually is two bedrooms and a full bath. One bedroom has a double bed and the other has two twins, so traveling with 3-4 people is easy. When we return to Barcelona with our child or children, we'll definitely stay there again!

By far, the best thing about the hotel is it's prime location. You can walk to Exemple, La Rambla, Bario Gothic, Barceloneta, anywhere, within 15-20 minutes. But you better take your camera, because you are sure to see many wonderful sites along the way!

Room Tip: Room #1 has a small balcony and sleeps four in two rooms.