All reviews small room side street stayed nights tv ac metro
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

The apartment is in a good location just off la rambles Clean but very basic. Only issue we had were neighbours were very noisy and kept us up all night on one of the nights. Plus a homeless man was banging a stick on the gates across the road at the church

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2016

The location is amazing, the rooms clean, no noice via the windows and very nice service!
Thank you hotel ramos!
I will come back and recommend it to anyone.
They even got me my shirts back which I forgot in the cupboard.
Thanks!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2016

The location is the best in Barcelona; on Rambla, next to Boqueria Market. Is easy to go anywhere by foot and is the main area of the city. I stayed here 4 times in the past years. Rooms are ok, mid-range-place, perfect for people who stay more out and they just need a bed to rest. Room 210 has a beautiful view on the main street. The key stays always at the reception. Reception is open 24/24. People at the reception are nice, but the oldest one made me and my friends feel like we are imprisoned there, not clients that paid in advance. Maybe we were just unlucky to be treated like this for 6 nights by this guy.
Wifi works very good, hot water at any hour, our bathroom door didn t have any modality to be closed, we didn t have toilet brush.
The cleaning is made everyday with replacing the towels and this is a very good thing.
The interior of the hall of the hotel looks very good.
Rooms have air conditioned.

Room Tip: Double room 210 has beautiful view on the street
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

It's location is excellent as it's right next to Las Ramblas and less than 2 mins to the food market for breakfast. However, this is the only good thing about it really.

You have to leave your key on reception which isn't safe at all. They didn't even ask for my name/check my passport. Every time I went to reception, a new member of staff was on and they would just hand over the key despite never seeing me before. What if I'd just made that number up and broke in?!

The room was very shabby: cigarette burns in the sheets and duvets, holes in the walls, loud fan in the bathroom. You have to pay a separate deposit for safety deposit, air con and TV remote so expect to pay €30 deposit up front to get your room up to standard.

The balcony was good (but nothing to look out on) and there are automated blinds which act as blackout.

Other than that, I'd say avoid unless you need to do Barca very cheaply! I've been to much nicer places in Barca for a similar price!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2016

Location, location, location. At all costs? We were traveling to Barcelona with our 8 year old son as a family and this hotel was recommended by a Barcelonite friend we trust. So we chose H Ramos over a 4 star further out in Gracia. To be fair to the Hostel, here are both sides The bright side: the hard-to-beat central location next to the overpriced Rambla and La Boqueria. It is clean and housekeeping is tops, bathroom was cleaner than clean, the wifi is free and works (try entering that password twice!), the elderly reception staff try their best (at turtle pace & despite linguistic barriers) but do not expect the extra mile and that it reasonably priced at first glance. And there it ends and starts the nightmare: making a reservation was a challenge, after 3 emails and 2 calls we found out we had one from our ... bank (!!) where our credit card was charged the booking deposit w/o any communication from the hostel or our approval! We arrived to find out the hostel expands in a building with a definite air of decadence (reminds me of early 20th century brothels, maybe it was?) with no elevator, from the 1st to 2nd floor and on a narrow road where the taxis can hardly stop for more than 2 minutes w/o blocking all the traffic, so we had to carry all of our luggage across and up several stairs. Thank God there is a luggage elevator from the 1st to 2nd floor. Our room was scantily equipped, the basics, bed, chair closet, TV safe. Pillows are long and hard as stone. It was literally a blind cage from a mental clinic, only the padding on the walls was missing. On the one side of the room, we were separated from the room next door by a glass tiles wall and large transparent window with curtains on both of its sides ...(!!!), a first. Our partying neighbors came in at 3 am and turned the lights on in ...both theirs and our room, waking us and scaring our son several times. As far as soundproofing goes, it is an unknown word to H Ramos, as the wall separation was made of thin dry walling and would let all your neighbors moves be shared from the boisterous drunken singing to the last intimate detail. Our room had practically NO windows. It had one that gave to an internal air shaft full of pipes, a/c units and exhausts that smelled at all hours like fried food from the restaurant below, the minute you opened the window. So no chance to air out there. Oh, and yes, the temperature in Barcelona was one day an unseasonable 28 degrees, but the receptionist informed us with attitude that "it is still May", the a/c pumped only hot air, not cold. No a/c, no window, in a hot, stuffy, blind, noisy room, a joy . And the little things: you have to pay for the TV remote, for the safe key, for all sorts of little stuff. To a large degree our H Ramos stay tarnished our Barcelona stay as we avoided it but to sleep exhausted from walking outside all day. CONCLUSION: H Ramos is not a a value for money place, it is cheap in the a literal sense. It is expensive for what it offers. If you are as student 18-22 with one backpack, a shoestring budget and you do not care, maybe this is the ideal place for you. If you are traveling as a family, it is worth spending 50-60 EUR per night more to get proper accommodation and not live in a mental ward. I regret not having done myself , spend 104 EUR on H Ramos/night as opposed to 170 at a 4 star hotel in Gracia, clean, quiet and a view of half the city. Location is not always everything and mass transit is great in Barcelona. Do not ruin your vacation for pennies like I did. (Parenthesis: I am a professional in the hospitality field for more than 25 years and I have seen many an accommodation in my life, like H Ramos few fortunately)

Room Tip: Few of the rooms have a good view on the square, ask for them but may be noisy
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family