“BEAUTIFUL and QUIET”

Hotel Primero Primera
Ranked #17 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We spent 3 nights at this beautiful hotel, tucked away in the suburbs of Barcelona. The rooms were magnificent, spacious, comfortable, and oh so immaculate. Ours had a balcony which was used quite a bit. The staff was kind and very helpful...able to answer any and all of our questions. Enjoy your stay !

1  Thank beckis1230

Reviewed 26 June 2012

We planned to stay at this hotel for four nights and because it was such a great hotel, we extended our stay to six nights. We decided to do our side trips to Montserrat and Figueres from Barcelona. What a fantastic hotel! We had a suite in the attic with a sofa and very comfortable bed plus a side room with a mini-refrigerator that was restocked daily and large bathroom. The bidet and toilet were separate, and the shower was big with lots of hot water. The bed was one of the most comfortable we've ever had in Europe.

Breakfast was very good with a selection of breads, cereals, fruit, and meat and cheese--excellent service. Everyone at the hotel went out of their way to help us. We ate a a local restaurant, Acontraluz, which was one of the best restaurants we ate at in Barcelona. Staff had excellent selections, and the free computer in the lobby made reservations for events in Barcelona very easy.

The hotel is on the outskirts of Barcelona but only a couple blocks from L6 on the metro--easy walking distance. Cabs are also available although we prefer walking and the metro. Great to stay at a hotel away from the city noise and bustle as much as we loved Barcelona.

I can't say enough about this hotel. I would stay here again without hesitation if I came back to Barcelona. Superb service and wonderful rooms. Loved the location and restaurants in the area, some of which were better than those in the city center.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travelover5240
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We had a junior suite, it was fantastic. The cost for 4 nights was equal to 1 night at the Mandarin Oriental for a comparable room. The pillows are fantastic and plentiful.

Bathroom was great, a separate room for shower and toilet for privacy. One of the best shower heads I have experienced. Big bathtub, I wish I could have tried it. No trouble with spotty hot water like we had in Madrid.

OK, so it is not within walking distance to all the "hot spots". If you can't afford an 8 Euro cab ride then don't come. We don't do the subway and only cabs, but I guess if you are adventurous then the train station is close.

Elayna and Hector were just 2 of the great people who made our stay wonderful. It sounds strange but you really do feel like you are with family.

My only suggestion would be about the honor bar. They should have a shot glass so the drink can be measured. I think I took out the entire Absolute bottle within a few days. One person's idea of a drink may not be the next person's.

Great computer in the honor bar lounge. What a big monitor. Free. Not to mention that the internet in the room was free.

We never made it to breakfast until yesterday morning. Looked good with fruit, meats, cereal,etc.

What a wonderful looking and tasting restaurant in the neighborhood. Acontraluz. We ate there 2 nights in a row.

Based on a recommendation from the hotel we also ate lunch/tapas 3 days in a row at Paco Meralgo. Actually the first day we walked there, only 30 minutes and we got to see a neighborhood. Holy cow, so good. Not a tourist trap. Get the Gazapacho and grilled cockles!

This is by far, one of my favorite hotels in Europe.

Listen, just print out the directions and give to your taxi cab driver. It is off the beaten path.

This is truly the best place to stay in Barcelona.

Did I mention the chocolate chip cookies, 24/7?

Oh we also ordered a city tour with an English speaking guide from the hotel. Jordi was great, such detail. We had a great car and it worked out. 4 hours for 360, and it was worth every penny. The level of detail was amazing.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

My wife and i spent 5 lovely nights at this tucked away boutique property in an upmarket residential neighborhood of Barcelona. The rooms were beautifully furnished. Large. and the bathrooms matched. I especially liked the feel of it being a home more than a hotel. The folks there.... Alicia, Marta, Dafne et all....... made our holiday complete. They were incredibly helpful and recommended some terrific restaurants and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. Im glad we stayed a little away from the Rambla area. That area is a tourist trap and ok to visit for a few hours but i would not recommend living or eating in that area. The Primero is about 10 minutes away by cab. At the Primero i especially liked the on going complimentary snack and coffee bar and complimentary mini bar and wifi in the room as well. All in all a first class experience!!

Room Tip: Get a superior deluxe room with a balcony.
1  Thank pmpm
Reviewed 13 June 2012

A very nice hotel, away from the busy areas. Went there with my wife & young 19 month old son. Was looking for a nice room, seeing as we would be spending a lot of time in the room. Went for a junior suite which had a balcony. Very well designed rooms, spacious, clean & functional though was a little dark.

Staff were excellent, cannot do enough for you. Always attentive & always brought milk for my son. Only gripe I have is that the room service cost is 6 Euros! I had ordered a bowl of soup for 8 Euros. Wish I had just collected it instead. It does state this in the literature though, so be warned.

Snacks, hot & soft drinks are available for free. Though I had a bottle of coke from the bar, & was charged for that. Unsure as to why, as if I had crossed reception into the lobby, & had it from there, it would have been free!

Breakfast Buffet - not a great variety for those who like cereals. Bread was a little too hard for our liking, but guess it is individual taste. Very nice muffins though.

Sites - Accessible via the metro. Though with our young son, we opted to take taxi's due to safety & the hassle factor of his pushchair.

Pushchair - Another minor point, would have been good to have some ramps near reception, rather than having to carry the pram up.

Overall I would recommend this hotel, without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family