“Excellent value”

Ranked #52 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
Brentwood, Essex
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Given the relatively low price for our top floor room this was excellent value for money. The room was very spacious with a large and comfortable bed, an enormous bath and a lovely terrace although being next to a busy road suffered from traffic noise. The air con was quiet and effective.
The lower price reflects the less touristy location but there is no problem getting the metro or bus 59 (which goes direct from the port to the hotel) and the area contains plenty of good restaurants such as the historic Velodromo Bar or Mariscco seafood both of which I would recommend.
The Eixample area also contains many of the modernista (art nouveau) buildings including Gaudi's wonderful La Pedrera (get there early to avoid the queues)
The breakfast cost €10 if you book it when registering and is reasonable if a bit crowded at times.
Overall I would recommend the hotel as long as your priority is comfort and value rather than character.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

lovely helpful staff and a great breakfast at a reasonable price -
a boutique - ish feel , well appointed rooms with huge beds and lovely bathroom.

The bar is small and friendly and not intimidating to sit and wait alone in - and the reception staff are very obliging,
Clean, freshly done up and classy - recommended

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank justine11670
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

My sister and I stayed at Hotel U232 after reading the good reviews on TA and we were not disappointed. The front desk staff were helpful in providing us directions, making our dinner reservation at La Pepita restaurant and booking our taxi to go to the airport (they speak good English). We booked the U232 room but when we smelled the room that had a hint of cigarette smoke (we requested a non-smoking room) we explained the situation to the front desk staff and they surprisingly upgraded us to the Top Room on the 10th floor...we were in for a treat! The room was clean, spacious and it had a balcony over looking the beautiful city of Barcelona. The furnishings seemed new, comfy bed and pillows. Bathroom was clean and I liked the rain shower. Daily breakfast was good although I did not notice a change in food selection (we stayed for 3 nights). I say that the kitchen staff were helpful because one morning when I was having breakfast, I accidentally cut my finger while slicing bread and it was fairly deep. The male staff quickly walked me inside their kitchen and called his lady colleague who helped me apply pressure on the cut as a lot of blood were coming out (apologies for being graphic). They immediately got the first aid kit and was applying pressure on my cut to stop the bleeding. They applied bandage and made sure I was ok. We did not understand each other as she was speaking in Spanish and I was speaking in English but that did not stop her from treating my wound. I was constantly thanking her (and the staff) because they were good samaritans in my eyes. I wish I got her name :(. Location wise, the hotel is walking distance to a train station but not a lot of restaurants nearby. My sister and I felt safe walking at night from the train station to the hotel. the lift comfortably fits two people inside with their own suitcase. I would definitely go back to this hotel if I were to visit Barcelona again.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Nice hotel with Comfy beds. The staff at reception was very pleasant and helpful. There was a gym on 10th floor with the added bonus of an open air leisure area beside it.

Negatives
A little out from La Rambla and beach but Metro station 5 minutes walk.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NDPri
lincoln
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Really pleased with our choice of hotel in Barcelona. Although not central, the metro is very close and we could get to all major attractions in the city centre within 20 minutes at the most and many things were within walking distance. We had an inner room which took a bit of getting used too with limited natural light but the bonus was that it was very quiet and had two bathrooms!! Staff were lovely, drinks and snacks very reasonably priced and breakfast was excellent.Free WiFi worked well .

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple