“A very good choice”

Ranked #31 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A very good choice”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on the back of a 7 hight cruise and to say the hotel quality, service and housekeeping matches that of a royal caribbean cruise standard shows how highly rated this hotel has been given.
well done to all staff for their professionalism and courteous service.
only small issue would be for the hotel to have coffee making facilities in rooms.

Room Tip: Front facing room 505 was of a very high standard, spacious and high enough up to eliminate most of...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I decided to stay at this hotel after reading the good reviews on here & I was not disappointed. The hotel is in a great location - it's about a 5 minute walk from Gaudi's Casa Batllo, 10 minutes from Sagrada Familia and about 15 minutes from Pl. Catalunya, La Rambla or La Pedrera. There's a metro stop about 5 minutes away as well (although you can easily walk to many of the sights). I felt safe in the neighborhood and there were plenty of cafes, pharmacies and grocery/convenience stores within a 2 block radius. I loved the hotel's decor - very sleek & modern! My room was spacious, stylish and clean. The room had hardwood floors (which I prefer over carpet) and a small balcony with a table & chairs. My room faced the back of the hotel & overlooked a courtyard area & the back yards of surrounding apartment buildings. It was very quiet. The hotel sits on a very busy street, so I would imagine the rooms facing the front would be much louder. As for other pros/cons....Pros: free wi-fi, air conditioner worked very well, full size hairdryer in the room, nice outdoor pool/deck on the 8th floor and the front desk staff was very helpful and friendly (particularly Ivan). The only 2 cons: the pool/deck area is smaller than it looks in the hotel photos (there's about 8 lounge chairs on the deck side, and probably about the same number on the pool side), and the potential for noise between rooms. I was in a room that had a connecting door to the room next door. Through this, I could hear the other guests walking around (a downside to the hardwood floors, I guess) and I could hear their conversations. They weren't loud, so it didn't bother me....but I could see how this could be a problem depending on your neighbors. I couldn't hear the room on the other side of me, so I think it's just an issue between the connecting rooms. Both of these were only minor issues and they didn't have a negative impact on my stay. Overall I was very pleased with the hotel, particularly the location, and I will definitely stay here during my next visit to Barcelona and I would highly recommend it to others...

Room Tip: Request a non-connecting room as you can easily hear the guests in the next room if you share a conn...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank AMRSA
vancouver
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We have just returned from 4 nights.
The area is safe, situated 3 blocks from metro and passeig de gracia. Lots of tapas bars in the area. The rooms are clean, modern and spacious. Breakfast buffet was a bit expensive for what it was however café Imes accross the street was very good and convenient.
It was lovely to have a rooftop pool to relax after a busy day. Overall an excellent choice that I recommend !

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank grousse
San Diego, California
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We spent the first 4 days of our trip here. We were meeting our 25 yr old daughter & her friend & they got there before us & texted us "great job on the hotel!" It is trendy w/o being too modern.
It was close to 2 metros & in a safe area for walking. We didn't have breakfast included (I wish we had) but there were places right around the corner for coffee & pasties.
The mini bar was stocked w/ splits of cava for only 3.5 euros! The staff was very helpful & free wifi.
And did I mention the roof top pool? Very nice place to sit out with a drink & snack before a 9pm dinner!
This was our 3rd trip to Barcelona & we loved it!

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms on the front of the building on the 4th or 5th floor & it was plenty quiet. Both...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Terri L
Barcelona
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This was the second time that we had stayed at EuroPark and once again it proved to be an excellent choice. As well as the very central location, the staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and comfortable and furnished to a high standard, and the breakfasts offered reasonable value for money. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone making or short leisure break or a business trip to Barcelona

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com