New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Turin Hotel

Turin Hotel
Ranked #140 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
Jerusalem, Israel
“Great hotel, a wonderful room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Terrasse room at the seventh floor so I can't say much about other rooms. Our room was absolutely fabulous with a giant terrasse with a magnificent roof top view of Barcelona. The location was beyond amazing, the hotel is clean as a whistle, and the staff is so nice and helpful... I wish I could go there again! My wife is sensitive to Gluten and I sent an email about it to the hotel. Boy, were they ready and helpful!!! I regret I didn't write down the names of the breakfast staff so I could personally express our thanks for all their care and help. Great job guys, you certainly made us feel at home in Barcelona!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank anton_barr
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I chose this hotel based on proximity to the Aerobus (Plaza Catalunya) and other reviews on this site. I think I made a good choice.

Stayed here for 2 nights in April 2012. I booked a single room, but they made a mistake and gave me a double (but didn't charge me extra). Room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Bathroom was big and good shower strength. Walls are definitely thin, can hear your neighbors and outside street noise. But I wore earplugs, so no problem. Staff was friendly. Very convenient to Las Ramblas and other main attractions. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Queenstown, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012 via mobile

I think if you were looking at a hotel close to la ramble this is around the corner. I thought there was not much on offer at this hotel for the price. No coffee/tea provided. Our bed were two singles moved together. Road outside was very noisy and the room was well sound proof but aircon was not cooling at all. I was disappointed. The staff were helpful and that was nice.
Don't buy food on the la ramble, they see a tourist from a mile away. Go to the little streets away from the main traffic for a good deal. The market not far from hotel sells wonderful things to eat and the fresh juices are to die for, just one euro a cup.

Stayed April 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in mid March. We had the room with balcony on 5th floor. Quite spacious for the two of us. The room came with free wifi and the standard amenities. We found it convenient as it is along Las Ramblas street and nearby Metro station. Hard Rock was also walking distance. And there is also a tourist information counter along the Las Ramblas street. Just nxt to the hotel is a nice bar with good tapas called Bar Lobo and we ate there twice! The hotel receptionists are helpful in providing assistance on tourist information. The first night we arrived, they helped to make reservation for Flamingo dance show which is just 10 mins walk from the hotel. They also sell the hop on & off bus passes which we bought fr 2 days pass.
We had the room facing the street so it can be noisy until 1-3am so we couldn't open the balcony glass door for the cool air as it was pretty noisy. We used the aircon instead. We are happy with the room condition and the services as we were only in the room during the night after a day out sight seeing. We managed to find a self service laundry just nearby street fr the hotel so we managed to get our clothes washed as we came from a week in Italy. The laundry is a bit hidden, got to walk almost end of the street to be noticed.
Some tips on Barcelona : becareful with your belongings especially when taking out luggages from taxi/car...never leave it out of your sight as its common for snatch thieves to just walk along and carry your bags off!! While we were there, we experienced young tourists reporting stolen bags.
Do visit Montserrat for a day tour. Lovely scenery and if one is adventures, can walk to a spot with a cross for good view. Walk take about an hour to go up & back.
And make sure to buy online tickets to Sagrada Familia church as the queue is pretty long!! More than an hour to get in. If taking the metro, buy the 10 trip pass for €9.30 and can be used for few people. We bought a ticket and shared for 2 days.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank JoNunis
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Barcelona this March. The location is perfect, easy to go anywhere since the Metro stop only 200 metres away. It only took couple minutes to walk to Las Ramblas, which is one of the main shopping districts in Barcelona.

The room is clean and decorated in minimalistic design. They gave us the room with balcony, which makes our stay more memorable. Definitely will stay here next time when we visit Barcelona.

• Stayed March 2012