“Always a communist-like hotel in the 21th century”

Catalonia Barcelona Plaza
Ranked #203 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Nothing changed after my previous evaluation three years ago. My impression last March was still the same: I had the feeling to be in Moscow rather than in a Mediteranean city. I still did not like the wooden-floor throughout the corridors and the rooms. It makes this hotel noisy and old-fashioned. The breakfast area is like a large railway station hall... In a few words, it is not a romantic hotel at all. OK for business because of the very closed metropolitan station and the bus stop for the airport.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank French-Doctor
Sitja, Director General at Catalonia Barcelona Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your comments on trip advisor.
It is a great courtesy on your part. This gesture is a great value for us because it serves to highlight the future path of our service.
The breakfast area is full renovated just one month ago also we continue improve our services and equipments in the Hotel .We are sorry to know that you didn't enjoy your last stay with us. Kind regards

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Catalonia Barcelona Plaza

Reviewed 4 April 2012

No heater, No refrig, No wine opener......
I can believe that they can get a 360 euro a day....
It was a completely waste of money.
I chose it becasue of MWC2012 in spite of really expensive fare.
There won't be no more MWC anymore.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Sitja, Director General at Catalonia Barcelona Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Guest,
We really appreciate the time taken to write your comments about our hotel. The costumer’s opinion is a top priority for us and it help us to constantly improve. We take into consideration your review to work in those aspects that need to be changed.
We apologize the inconveniences caused and we really hope that you decide to visit us again in the future, for giving us another chance to exceed your highest expectations.
Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed there as a group for the Barcelona Marathon at 25.3.2012
the best location - very close to the starting line. there`s a shopping mall just when you cross the street and on the other street the Metro which was also great to tour the city. the hotel is very clean and it`s staff is very very good and helpful. I would like espacialy to recommand Anna and Amy that gave a great personal service and they are human asset to the hotel !!!
The breakfast was very poor but that`s probably cause of the known Israeli breakfast we`re used to here... there wasn`t any salad or vegetables served but I must add that Amy and Anna took care of it personaly to our satisfaction.
The Jym is also very shabby and I think it`s better if they don`t advertise they have one.
The pool was closed and seemed like it has been during renovation and we were disappointed cause it was the begining of the season....
great value of money ! Merav

Room Tip: ask for the street view !
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Merav O
Sitja, Director General at Catalonia Barcelona Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Dear guest,
thanks in advance for your special comments in Trip Advisor. My staff and me are so pleased with it. Thank you for the time you spent in writting. We hope see you again in the city . Kind regards

Reviewed 30 March 2012

The rooms are very hot and the air condition is not working in the hotel. If you open a window, it is very noizy.

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank miki3544
Sitja, Gerente at Catalonia Barcelona Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear guest,
I am sorry that your stayed with us was not as good as I liked.
The next time that you will come back to Barcelona please do not heasite to contact with me.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2012

The location is good because both the Aerobus to the airport and a tax rank are right outside the doors of the hotel. Across the road is the Arenas Mall with a food hall on the lower level and a viewing platform and restaurants on the roof top. It's close to Montjuic too where MNAC (National Art Gallery) and the Olympic Stadium is. For those of you who don't enjoy walking up steps (like yours truly) be warned; the escalators only take you up part of the way but the views great.

The two things that I found annoying:

*The aircon only does heat. There is a window though which cools the room down after a while. This wasn't so bad but I'd definitely avoid this place in the summer.
*I had to ask for my bed sheets to be changed.
*On the third night of my stay there was an event in the breakfast hall that went till 1am which was annoying. My room looked out over the atrium of this area so I got to hear the emcee making his announcements followed by rounds of applause.

Again, great location but I think I'd stay somewhere different the next time I visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fruity_kiwi

Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments about our hotel
I am so sorry that your stayed with us was not as good as I liked
Best regards,