US$ 203
US$ 185
  • Restaurant
Hotel Praktik Bakery(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$ 163
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 263
US$ 196
  • Breakfast included
Ayre Hotel Rosellon(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$ 326
US$ 295
US$ 338
US$ 312
4,946 results
All reviewsclub levelritz carltonbeautiful hotelluxury hotelconcierge desksea viewper daycorner roomhigh floortapassagrada familialas ramblasenotecaeurosinternconferenceport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I travelled with my husband, we stayed using Marriott Points. firstly the location is excellent, we arrived very late on a Friday and found a lovely restaurant on the beachfront, there were many to choose from. We walked all day on Saturday and found all the attractions within comfortable walking distance, although there is a tourist bus that stops outside the hotel. We were approached by con men in one of the busy shopping streets we were asked to sign a petition and then they demanded money from us.we shouted no very loudly and this seemed to scare them off, the people were not Spanish and the police seem to tolerate these people begging very damaging for tourism it did knock our confidence. If you want to view the gaudi cathedral book tickets on line the queue for buying on the day is enormous. So on to the hotel, we had a side view room with a lovely view of the city and beach. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was a good size. Huge waste of power in our room the sound system was always left on by cleaner. We took our own nespresso capsules as we had seen the ludicrous charge of 4 euros for a capsule that costs 40 pence. The hotel is very tricky to navigate more signs would be a great help, i did not want to keep asking staff where things were I am quite capable of following a sign if there was one. Staff entered our room in the morning to clean but also in the evening with no clear purpose it felt a little intrusive. We ate at the aarola restaurant the staff were great but the food was bland I was expecting something special and kept looking for it but for example my husband had the steak and asked for it to be medium rare it was medium to well, this is such a simple request especially at the price we paid, i do feel that it was a case of the emperors new clothes? The bar was showing the football but all of the sofas had been reserved in this area it would have been nice to know we could do this. Information on any aspect of the hotel was not
displayed anywhere you had to keep asking all the time it was tedious. The breakfast buffet was nothing special certainly not worth the 64 euros we paid for the two of us. There is nothing about this hotel that justifies the prices . The hotel did most things competently but nothing was exceptional. Glad we did not have to pay the room rates I would have felt cheated, as I did with the Michelin star restaurant.

Room Tip: Don't bother try other hotels along the promenade, better value.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maxymoomoo

Dear maxymoomoo,

Thank you for this detailed feedback. I appreciate that you have taken your time to send us your opinion.

I regret that there have been some details that were not to your satisfaction during your stay at Hotel Arts and I ask you to accept my sincerest apologies. You can be sure that we will take your comments as an opportunity to review and improve the aspects you’ve mentioned.

For any other comments on your experience at Hotel Arts, please do not hesitate to contact me personally. Please feel free to write me to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com.

Thank you in advance for your e-mail and I hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon. Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Is it expensive? Yes. Is it worth it? Definitely!
Friendly and attentive staff. We received complimentary breakfast buffet through the Marriott Elite Gold status and it was great! Great food and great service even when we arrived just before they were about to close the buffet. The views of both rooms were amazing! Not to mention the bathrooms were a true luxury. The corner room with two twin beds was huge!
The property is beautiful. It does get busy: when we were checking out there was a long line and a lot of people in the main lobby. But they seemed to be handling it well. Since we did express check out we didn't have to wait in line and they promptly assisted us.
Location is not bad: you are right in front of the beach, which is one of the main attractions in Barcelona anyways. We could see the Sagrada Familia from our rooms, it was a bit of a walk from the hotel but doable. We did everything by taxi (with four people it turns out to be cheaper that way) and found it to be close to the main sights. Another plus: only 20 minutes away from the airport with no traffic.
My only suggestion for them would be to renovate the carpets in the rooms and hallways because they are really worn out and it does give an idea of "not too clean". Other than that, all I can say is that I hope to have the opportunity to go back and for a longer period of time to enjoy both the lovely city and the luxurious hotel!

Room Tip: Do ask for what kind of view or floor level you would like because they are very attentive and will definitely try to accommodate you according to your requests. Corner rooms have great views and space!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Booked two rooms on club level of the Ritz Carlton for the Formula 1 race weekend. First miss was the hotel shuttle not arriving on time @ the airport as reserved so had to take a small cab for four people and luggage.

Got to the concierge level to check in and was please with view and club lounge settings.

Club rooms were one level lower than club lounge and provided for easy access through stairs and/or elevators. Rooms were nicely appointed with good views of beach.

Club level was good for free wifi and therefore the negative comments on wifi and costs of breakfast should be weighed at time of booking to incorporate into decisions as to this place or other places to stay.

Concierge scheduling and arranging on the club floor missed several times. Requested tour guides for city tours and found the arrangements had not been made even tho clear discussions and directions were provided. The concierge desk is staffed by young and eager staffers but the execution is less than experienced.

The location of the hotel is fine and a relatively short cab ride to the main city center. Other than a few misses with concierge and shuttle services, stay is what you'd expect at the five star and Ritz Carlton.

Next time, I think we will try the Mandarin. That hotel is surely right in the center of the city and with our habit of finding our way down to that area, think that may be better suited.

Room Tip: Club level for access to refreshments and wifi.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank moel4

Dear moel4,

Thank you for your effort to submit us your personal feedback. Your opinion helps us to constantly evaluate and improve our service.

I sincerely regret the shortcomings of our concierge- and shuttle service and I ask you to accept my apologies. Please be sure that I will check up on these details with my team.

Should you have any further comments on your visit to Hotel Arts, please do not hesitate to let me know. You can contact me personally via phone calling to +34 93 221 1000 or by mail to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com – it will be my pleasure to receive your observations and to return your call or e-mail personally.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 23 June 2012

The hotel is housed in a relatively new modern building overlooking the port and downtown. The hotel is very expensive and the rooms are large and come with fantastic views (on higher floors). For a luxury establishment I found the service somewhat erratic (I waited 1 1/2 hours for my luggage to be delivered to my room) and if you want to see the older parts of Barcelona it is a long walk. The lobby is way too small for a hotel of that size.

Room Tip: The higher floors have fantastic views. Corner suites are huge.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank oenophile1230
HotelArts, Manager at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Dear oenophile1230,

your comments are key for us in order to review and improve our service and I would like to thank you for having taken your time to send us your opinion.

I regret the inconveniences concerning your luggage delivery and I ask you to accept my most sincere apologies. In order to follow up your reclamations on our service, I would like to ask you to submit us some further details on your stay. If you would be so kind to tell us how I can contact you, it would be my pleasure to return your call or e-mail. I invite you to contact us calling +34 93 221 1000 or via hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com

Thank you in advance for your collaboration and I hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon in order to give you the excellent treatment you deserve. Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Nice views and good showers but terrible location if you want to see the city, over priced, too big, crowded and glitzy. So sorry we stayed here.

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank Baerreview

Dear Baerreview,

Thank you for your comment. The opinion of our guests is important to us because we are concerned to give our guests the excellent experience they deserve.

Unfortunately we apparently could not convince you with our service yet. For that reason I would like to get more details on your experience at Hotel Arts in order to resolve the reclamations with regard to your stay. I invite you to contact me personally calling +34 93 221 1000; if you prefer to send us an e-mail, please write to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com.

I look forward to your message and it will be my pleasure to personally return your call or your e-mail. Yours sincerely,