1,984 results
All reviews the ritz roman bath garden room concierge desk double sinks junior suite pillow menu modern amenities rain shower public areas wonderful stay rooftop pool breakfast room las ramblas sagrada familia gothic quarter tapas
Reviewed 24 September 2017

We learnt when we first arrived that the El Palace was originally the Ritz hotel and we can understand why. This hotel is full of that Old World charm, lots of beautiful public areas, timber paneling and deep sofas.
We had booked for 4 nights. Our room on the 6 th floor overlooked the busy street below. An initial concern about traffic noise was soon allayed as the double glazing helps reduce the noise dramatically.
The room was a good size, with a fantastic king bed, lounge chairs and a good size bathroom, with bath and separate shower.
The hotel has three bars, with one on the rooftop, with great views.
We ate at the main restaurant on the ground floor and had lunch at the rooftop bar, both excellent.
Breakfast is a buffet which is vast in hot and cold selections and generally of good quality. We were a little disappointed with the cost for the buffet though and for the next three days ate across the side street at the Alsur cafe that had a great breakfast menu and do much cheaper.
Overall a very enjoyable at a hotel that is very profession in every way.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Absolutely stunning hotel, amazing service from everyone.
Breakfast was excellent, good espresso and great buffet options as well as items made to order. Fresh orange juice was delicious, and the almond croissants, mmmmm!
Room was fabulous, bed very comfy, amazing bathroom wit double rainhead shower.
I would definitely return if the opportunity arises.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I have to say this hotel doesn't only have top notch service and excellent facilities, it is visually stunning in terms of decor. Apparently it used to be The Ritz, which explains the old school opulence. Everything, from the welcome we received at the reception, to the Bloody Mary we enjoyed right before we left, was impeccable.

Honestly I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Rayray4784
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

My family and I booked the palace for 4 nights. It was our first time staying in Barcelona and there were many hotel choices and we are very happy we selected El Palace . It was spotless , classy , friendly , the service was amazing and they treated my family and I very special for the time we were there . They have an amazing secret garden like rooftop with music , pool , cocktails and food that is just wonderful . They are also just minutes from all the sites. We had such a great experience we will absolutely be back on our next Barcelona visit - which will be soon .

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

It's our first time to visit Barcelona. the hotel experience that Miss Amal gave us was more than amazing made the trip worth it even more.
Lots of friends and family asked me through the pictures and videos I shared via Snapchat what's this gorgeous hotel.
The hotel couldn't be more hospitality without Miss Amal.
She was really helpful since we came for a hospital appointment. She helped in all ways.
I would defiantly come again to be hosted by Miss Amal and this hotel.
Alanoud AlHajri