“The Most Fun Ever !!!!”

BrightSide
Ranked #1 of 167 Food & Drink in Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover Barcelona cruising in the sidecar of a classic motorcycle or in a unique vintage van. Your own private guide will take you on a wonderful journey into the authentic Barcelona: understand the famous attractions, dig-up the local's secrets and experience the genuine Mediterranean lifestyle. Talk, watch and learn while having fun on the way. Every tour includes a large number of stops all around the city, for explanations, pictures or to go for an easy walk around an interesting landmark, a beautiful district or to enjoy the views.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The Most Fun Ever !!!!”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We chose Sidecar Tours based on the reviews on TA. No mistake there. We made our reservations for September, 2011 with Joao and we were ready to go ... with door to door service. I'm handicapped, so I needed a pillow for behind my back, but I was assured I would be safe and I was. My husband rode behind Joao, I was in the sidecar, we all had our headphones on and we were off for a fabulous history lesson among all the neighborhoods of Barcelona. After sightseeing from a wheelchair, moving around the city in the sidecar gave me such a sense of freedom that I had not felt in years! I will never forget it or the beautiful city of Barcelona.
Thank you, Joao, for the time of our lives !! Another item off of our bucket list !!
Eileen and Joe W.

Visited September 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 146 helpful votes
“Expectations met!”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I came across this tour on TA and went into it with very high expectations based on the reviews.

I took the tour with my 15 year old son. Matthew (who is actually a psychologist originally from Austria) was right on time at the designated meeting point (World Trade Center at the Cruise Terminal). Incidentally, we came in on the NCL Epic which did not dock at the WTC. The walk from our ship was very long and involved a very high bridge, so we paid a few Euro to take the shuttle bus to Colombus Point and then walked to the WTC from there. Anyway, Matthew spoke excellent English and was extremely knowledgeable about the city. He was very concerned about our comfort and well being and was a safe and competent driver. We could stop anytime for a drink or bathroom. The city was extremely clean and modern, although many of the buildings were very old.

It sprinkled a little at first, so he brought rain ponchos for us to wear, which worked out well. The helmets were very high quality, clean, new, and comfortable. I have a large head, but he still had one that fit me perfectly. The bluetooth connections was flawless for two way communication. I have back and neck problems, but was very comfortable on this tour. My son rode in the sidecare and really enjoyed it. People around the city seemed amused and often waved or called out to us. A carload of Russian tourists were really excited because the motorcycle is a Russian military model.

Matthew occasionally stopped for a brief walk. We saw many interesting examples of architecture throughout the city. He avoided the more touristy areas such as Las Ramblas (which I appreciated) and tried to show us the "real" Barcelona. The 41/2 hour tour was just right. Any longer than that and I would have been a little weary. We wanted to finish our day at an internet cafe within walking distance of the cruise port, and he located an excellent option for us that worked well.

We were very satisfied. It was one of the highlights of our cruise.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank MarshalltownMan
Calgary, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fantastic Barcelona Tour”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Just take a look at the video on Brightside’s website http://www.ridebrightside.com/en/home/ and you’ll get a good flavour of what this tour is all about. Joao picked us up at our hotel for a 3-hour tour of Barcelona – “The Must-Do” in May 2012. He gave us a thorough explanation of where we would be going and what we’d see, and after ensuring that helmets and microphones were all properly adjusted, off we went. The ride was very gentle, and it was exhilarating to have the open-air experience of seeing the Barcelona sights – going to places where buses or vans couldn’t easily get to. We toured the Olympic site, Sagrada Familia, Columbus monument and La Rambla promenade just to mention a few. Joao is very knowledgeable and explained everything we were seeing as we rode along. We felt like celebrities as everyone was looking, but it was really Joao’s motorcycle that caught people’s attention. Very cool!
It was certainly a very enjoyable way to get an overview of some of the best of Barcelona. Well done, Joao!
Highly recommended.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Billvia
San Jose, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“do something different!”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

If you want to see Barcelona your way- book a tour with Brightside! It's a tour on a motorcycle with a sidecar, you have a driver/tour guide and your helmets have speakers and microphones for communication ,the vehicles were beautiful. We toured the city on our first day of arrival so we would know where we wanted to spend more time at and get the whole picture of the city. On this tour, you can have them stop where you want, when you want! You will need to book this in advance though. It's a fantastic tour, well worth doing!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank 1377kathy
United Kingdom
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Your passport to real Barcelona......any age, do not miss!”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Whether you are new to motorbikes or an experienced rider, this experience is definately for you, young or old. If you are going to Barcelona to absorb the History and Art, see the sights and soak up a cultural experience, a Brightside Tour is the one!

This was my 3rd visit to Barcelona, this time with my 11yr old daughter as a school holiday treat. Having read other Trip Advisor reviews I decided this would be somthing totally different and certainly somthing to remember! We were safely collected from our Hotel and provided with an overview of where we were going. The guide was happy to adapt the tour of areas we had already visited.

The bike is a classy, vintage russian bike in racing green. Plenty of onlookers stop to take photos of you, which was funny. There is plenty of room in the side car and the pillion seat has its own hand rail. All appears well cared for. The helmets are new with the european safety mark.

There are plenty of places to stop off on route to take photos, have a stroll and review where on the map you are! The two way intercoms work really well, so everyone can chat on route.

We had a really good time. Lots of traffic did slow us down at times but turning down narrow streets (which didnt look like they were meant for vehicles) made the tour more exhilerating as you got to experience real Barcelona. The information and history of the buildings and the districts we passed was so interesting. Dont forget to look up...there are so many beautiful balconies, tiles and architecture that even the narrowest streets have to discover.

Highly recomended. Thank you for a fun and very enjoyable experience not to forget.

Visited June 2012