Grupotel Gran Via 678
US$ 201
Barcelo Sants(Barcelona)
US$ 177
US$ 212
NH Barcelona Entenza(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$ 125
US$ 449
US$ 231
US$ 226
  • Pool
Hesperia Sant Joan(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$ 81
US$ 76
US$ 204
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewson arrivalgreat hotelrecommend this hotelbottle of cavareception staffsuperior roomwithin walking distancegreat bathroombasic roombreakfast buffetroom safecity breakwelcome drinkhotel is modernstayed here for nightsgood sizesun loungers
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The staff made the difference was very friendly and polite. They are charging €5 per towel per day for the pool. Use your towel, pool looks good in the pictures but is not in reality, no sun in the afternoon. Room was good facing the street, was roomy. I liked the design of the hotel. Breakfast was great. Nice drinks (polite barman & barwoman) at the bar.

Be aware of the street (especially in the night) very clever thieves (one approaches to ask you directions and then another comes and pretends to be policeman, checking the first guy and then checking you. Luckily we did not have any money)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank magistros
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We have just returned from 3 nights 4 days in this hotel and we loved it! We arrived at 12pm before check in time (2pm) the hotel took our luggage and we went out for lunch with a map which the receptionist circled points of interest and gave a run down of barcelona which was great!
When we returned we had a glass of cava and went up to the room which was great! A lovely light room with a big tv at the end of the bed, mini bar and huge shower :) the bathroom has a glass frosted door which looks great but isn't really private for No 2's! But this aside the room is great! Mini bar is reasonably priced but the fridge wasn't particularly cold :s
There is a pool.......but it's not very deep but I'm not an Olympic swimmer so quick cool down dip is great. Only about 9 sun loungers but there is a bar phone so you don't have to go down :) breakfast is lovely. Cold and hot selection. Tea coffee and juice :)

All the hotel staff are great, speak perfect English and are very helpful and friendly.

I really enjoyed the hotel and the time we spent in Barcelona and would definitely recommend and stay again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The hotel is in a good location. If you turn right when you come out of the hotel you will come to a lovely area with the Arc de Triomofe and the park Cuideleda.If you turn left you will come to the Placa Cataluyna.The breakfast is good and the staff are excellent. The rooms are nice. It was my husbands 50 birthday and the hotel gave us a bottle of Cava and a cake and card. It was very nice. We got a glass of Cava when we checked in.My husband had left his jacket and did not notice until he was leaving and he got his jacket back. The had kept it for him. Would recommend this hotel. I would love to come back to Barcelona as it is a beautiful city.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jenandgeo
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This was my first trip to Barcelona and my enjoyment of this beautiful City was greatly enhanced by this Hotel. I cannot praise the friendliness and helpfulness of the Staff too highly as every query was answered and nothing was too much trouble, including cooking a meal from scratch for us, despite arriving as the bar and restaurant were closing. The Hotel is located on one of the main streets in Barcelona, Gran Via de les Cortes Catalanes, however the impact of the traffic is lessened as it is a tree lined street and the hotel entrance is set back on the service lane that runs parallel to the main road. Although the street is relatively quiet at night there is a tapas bar and small restaurants nearby and it is a leisurely ten minute walk away from the main square in Barcelona, Placa de Catalunya, the main shopping area and from where all the City bus tours depart. The Hotel itself is well decorated in a modern style with marble throughout. The reception area joins onto the bar and restaurant and there are plenty of couches and comfortable seats in the lounge/bar area on which to enjoy a drink. Breakfast was included in the cost of our stay (approximately 90 Euros per night) and was worth the extra cost as it was a buffet breakfast with every conceivable breakfast dish available. This included bacon and eggs with some Spanish style accompaniments that changed every day. The standard of decoration extended to the bedrooms, with a marble clad bathroom and parquet floored sleeping area. Extras included a mini-bar, a room safe which carried an additional charge for its use and tea and coffee making facilities were available on request. We had a basic room and as such had windows that looked onto the rear of the hotel and had no direct sunlight. There was not a great deal of space between the end of the bed and the window, however I was aware of this before I booked and an upgrade to a front facing room is available at an extra cost. However the lack of space at the end of the bed was made up for with a spacious entrance area and a very spacious shower-room. The hotel restaurant offers reasonably priced snacks and main courses and the two we sampled were good value for the money. The bar prices are also quite reasonable and do not differ too greatly from those in the City Bars. I cannot recommend this Hotel too much and will be staying there on my next visit to Barcelona, although I will probably pay extra for a front facing room!

Room Tip: If you want direct sunlight take a front facing room, however the lack of direct light in the rear facing rooms can be an advantage in the summer as you will not be awoken by strong sunlight.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I have just spent a weekend at this hotel (10-12 Aug) with a group of 11 people for my best friend Hen pary weekend. We booked six rooms which we found quite clean although some of the rooms were very small. Almost impossibile to walk around the bed and the bed size itself is definately small considering I am only 160cm (5ft 2).
Bathrooms are quite modern but small, although showers are quite big.
The swimming pool is tiny, it's more like a large bath tub and sunbeds are just a few.
The hotel staff is nice except for one blonde guy at reception who wasn't very friendly.
The rooms were ready after 2pm but they hotel staff left us use the swimming pool while waiting.
The hotel is quite central just walking distance from the Ramblas.
I would suggest it for a group of friends in Barcelona for a weekend but definately NOT for a couple or a family.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends