“Young and stylist stay - I love this hotel!”
Review of Sixtytwo Hotel

Sixtytwo Hotel
Ranked #16 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersGold level
“Young and stylist stay - I love this hotel!”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We were four so we splited into two rooms for two styles at this hotel. One room is at floor one - small bathroom but with a very nice terrace that opens you to see your neighborhood, really nice and just great space. The other room is on floor six, bigger and better as for the size and facilities - LCD TV and a separate shower cell. But no terrace, just a huge beautiful view from tall wide glass window overlooking tops of buildings nearby. I got to stay at the room on the sixth floor and found it really nice. The breakfast was quite good but I love watching people so I ended up eating at a café nearby most of the time. What stood out from this hotel and their staff and the decoration of the hotel. People there are really nice. Young and super friendly. (Note: I changed from Hotel Pulitzer to this hotel because Pulitzer did not give us anything we said in the reservation and worse, the staff at Pulitzer were not very nice. We found it weird and disappointing since any other Catalan people are super nice. ) And ok back to this hotel, another thing i like is its design. It's contemporary and chic. I especially love the elevator and the stairs that kinda embrace the elevator from ground floor to floor six. It's a beauty. One thing is that you must beware of that one step down whenever you walk into the hotel. I didn't have any accident but every of my friend missed it so just be careful.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank PitPanich
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed here for three nights in a executive room. It was on the front of the building overlooking a tree lined road but we didn't experience any road noise. The room is very modern and the bathroom particularly and well equipped.

We didn't have breakfast here - our rate didn't include it. At 15 euros pp daily we thought this was a bit expensive - although the menu was extensive and we went out to a local restaurant where we paid 6 euros for continental breakfast.

The location is excellent - one of the nicest streets in Barcelona, very convenient for metro and tourist buses.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xxGlitterxx
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Very modern hotel, clean rooms, and in a great area, on the street where all the designer shops are located

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank ZIS13
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This was my first trip to Barcelona, I chose Hotel Sixty Two after weeks of online research and decided to go for it because of its Trip Advisor reviews and great location. We did mention to the hotel it was a special occasion for my wife and I, and once we entered in the room we found a big heart with a note written with lipstick on the bathroom mirror. In addition to sweets and a gift on the bed. They had us at "Hello" as it goes in the movie.

Even though its a boutique hotel with just two (sometimes one) staff attending the front desk, they were very informative and took the time to explain to us about Barcelona. They gave us loads of maps, brochures, and coupons to help us get around which was a great touch.

I went for the higher category room because I read that the basic rooms are really small and have no proper view. I am very happy I went with that choice because we got an amazing view of the Passeig De Gracia with a small balcony! The glass is sound proof so you dont hear any noise.

Location is perfect, you have all the main shops, bars, and restaurants on the street. The underground is just 5 minutes way and the hop-on hop-off station is across the road. This street never sleeps so you always feel safe and alive!

Breakfast was ok, few selections of cold cuts, cheese, juice, cereal. They provide you with a hot dish menu to choose from with varieties of pancakes, eggs with all kinds, and porridge.

I loved this hotel and it will be my same stop next time I am in Barcelona !

Room Tip: Don;t go for the standard rooms, pay a bit more and get the next category to get a larger room, high...